Checking in
After blogging for more than a week I've got to say I'm really enjoying this. However, I do have to give thanks to Nauman for inspiring me to make a blog when I saw his. When he told me he was going to make one I thought hey let me see how his goes then I'll make one too if it's easy enough and it was. Plus I also have to thank him for mentioning my blog on his and saying some really nice stuff about it! I've gotten some negative and some positive comments so far on this technological endeavor I've set forth upon. The negative comments came from 3 people, my sister who thinks my blog is "dumb," a friend (who shall remain nameless) who thinks it's "weird" and the one and only V who tells me everyday how much he "hates my blog." And I quote him "you're airing out our dirty laundry" ... no, I haven't really said anything bad anyway but I guess he's upset that I'm exposing a hidden side to him that nobody knew. His mean side! Now I've also gotten some positive comments from friends who have emailed me to say they like it, and others who have posted comments so I thank you if you are one of those people for being so loving.
I've also been able to check out other people's blogs, like Nauman's which is a nice green colour like the colour of the top I bought recently from Yorkdale but just remembered now about it! Oh I haven't even worn it! V do you remember which one? With the lady who wanted the same one as me?? Why haven't I worn it yet? Well he's quoted my blog in his and said he finds it really funny, so I'm happy I'm making some of you laugh.
There's also Sara's blog which I saw for the first time today and I got to say hers has been in existence a LOT longer than mine! She's had hers since May of 2003 and I didn't even know! She also knows how to put in pictures and stuff properly which is something I still don't know. And, did I ever mention she has like the best job/internship at FLARE magazine! Yeah, so both her blog and her job are better (Yes I do have a job I work at my family's store and that counts).
Then.. there's my sister Zainab's blog -- which I inspired her to make, but she went totally out of control and made it into an obsessive compulsion to type down the latest soccer news "sighhh." She also seems to think she's from Brazil, well that's what she tells everyone and she goes around trying to talk in Spanish, this is also reflected in her blog. BUT it is sort of funny to see what a fool she is so if you're interested ask me and I'll give you the link to it and I promise you that you'll be laughing (if not at her blog then the comments she makes back to innocent people that comment!)
I've also been able to check out other people's blogs, like Nauman's which is a nice green colour like the colour of the top I bought recently from Yorkdale but just remembered now about it! Oh I haven't even worn it! V do you remember which one? With the lady who wanted the same one as me?? Why haven't I worn it yet? Well he's quoted my blog in his and said he finds it really funny, so I'm happy I'm making some of you laugh.
There's also Sara's blog which I saw for the first time today and I got to say hers has been in existence a LOT longer than mine! She's had hers since May of 2003 and I didn't even know! She also knows how to put in pictures and stuff properly which is something I still don't know. And, did I ever mention she has like the best job/internship at FLARE magazine! Yeah, so both her blog and her job are better (Yes I do have a job I work at my family's store and that counts).
Then.. there's my sister Zainab's blog -- which I inspired her to make, but she went totally out of control and made it into an obsessive compulsion to type down the latest soccer news "sighhh." She also seems to think she's from Brazil, well that's what she tells everyone and she goes around trying to talk in Spanish, this is also reflected in her blog. BUT it is sort of funny to see what a fool she is so if you're interested ask me and I'll give you the link to it and I promise you that you'll be laughing (if not at her blog then the comments she makes back to innocent people that comment!)
10 Comments:
At 12:07 p.m.,
sara said…
I want to see the green blog! Is that the guy from Ryerson? I forgot to go look for him in September. I'm almost finished my program and I still haven't joined MSA :S Lol. And you're not exposing Vick's mean side, everyone already knows about it!
xo Sara
p.s. thanx for the publicity ;)
At 12:47 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Don't worry I haven't joined MSA either :S
BUT I need to clear something up, I might have unconsciously been picking on Vicky which I didn't mean to do and now he's feeling hurt so we need to fix him. If you talk to him tell him I have a great surprise for him that I made but it doesn't taste good.
Nauman's blog was good but now it's getting kind of boring (sorry Nauman lol) cause its just about hockey stuff now and even though soccer drives me crazy I still like it way better than hockey! You can find Nauman's ramblings at: naumanabbasi.blogspot.com
At 2:13 p.m.,
sara said…
You haven't been picking on him, he's just being a whiny brat. Even when u try to be nice (ex. the beautiful photograph you posted because you're so proud of your baby) he complains. Vicky is a fussy bum.
At 5:08 p.m.,
Nauman said…
Thanks for the kind words about my blog... yeah, it's been getting kinda boring of late. I think that's because I've been very uninspired though I did have a great philisophical debate about the true colour of the hockey jersey that I designed. I recently posted a great debate on what's worse - mowing the lawn or shovelling snow! Hopefully, it'll make people think and wonder what really IS worse... yeah right, lol!
At 7:20 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Well I usually try to get out of shovelling and I never mow the lawn so can't really comment on that. BUT I'm glad to have inspired the debate on your hockey jersey design because as you should know by now I like to a) always be right and b) like to prove I'm right. And, I got to thank sara for backing me up! Men just don't know anything about colours and never will. And if you try to tell me that men do understand colours then I'll reply by telling you that's weird and feminine and I'll think you're a girl in disguise!
At 9:47 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Yeah right Pilly, you dont know the difference between colors. Remember Wonderland and on top of that the dress in the mall!!!
At 12:36 a.m.,
'liya said…
Excuse me? How dare you bring up wonderland! YOU KNOW I WAS RIGHT. Plus, I was right about the dress in the mall, we made the mistake of asking 2 girls who obviously chose your side over mine because they wanted to steal you from me.
At 7:04 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
what sort of insecure person has to make up a Brazilian identity? Now Ive seen everything.
At 7:41 p.m.,
'liya said…
Anonymous: Wow someone seems a little bitter.. weren't you ever a teenager? I used to pretend I was a fairy when I was a kid - does that bother you too? I guess if you asked nicely I would tell you that Brazil is my sister's favourite soccer team.. but you didn't ask and I just told you because I'm a nice person.
As for insecurity, you seem to be the perfect example hiding behind your ANONYMOUS name.
:)
At 7:43 p.m.,
'liya said…
And while we're at it, why are you reading so far back into my blog history? You must be really interested in my life to read so far back. Even more interested if you feel the need to comment by saying something rude.
Post a Comment
<< Home