To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Draculaaaaa

Freud is so boring! I can't even get through this book it's making my head hurt too much. What's scary is that some of his ideas are starting to make sense to me, SOME not ALL. I find it interesting that as an atheist he sure spends a lot of time thinking/writing about religion. Someone should have introduced him to Islam so he wouldn't be wasting all his time writing about stuff that I have to read now. You'd think that some new theorists or whatever would have invented new theories about all this stuff by now. But I think he'd get along great with my professor. They both find something sexual in almost everything.

Last night I finished re-reading Dracula for my midterm tomorrow and you know what, after you learn about how sexual it is you really start to notice that stuff. When I read it the first time it seemed like a regular book, but now I'm starting to notice all these things I didn't before. Same with the other texts we have to read.. I think if you don't know about something before learning about it it's better because otherwise all those thoughts and ideas stay with you and you start noticing it everywhere. While it's interesting, I don't really want to notice something fishy going on between Dracula and the main character who's also male. It's a little weird.. Same with Carmilla, like the first time I read it I thought oh okay these two girls are best friends they're so close.. like sisters (maybe).. now I read it and I think yuck why are they really always kissing.

Note to V: when you're reading this you're going to think of the three women in Dracula and start laughing stupidly to yourself or trying to imagine me mad go on smile! smile! I know you were thinking that as soon as you started reading this post. Well just so you know if those women had been left alone with him they would have sucked all his blood he'd be dead and the story would be over. That's why you should never like three women or two women or more than one woman at once. One woman is best or you'll be dead too. This isn't a threat, just a friendly reminder.

p.s for those of you who are interested in something useless:

http://www.brainyencyclopedia.com/encyclopedia/p/pa/paraphilia.html

Look at the rare paraphilias ..they're weird. Like just think about it. Are there really people like that? And no, I didn't research this stuff myself out of curiosity, it was on the course syllabus for extra reading!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home