To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Tree-time

The painting critique went okay. My prof thought my painting was good but my trees "need more work" humph. I thought my trees had a nice expressive quality but I'm not going to argue with her because she really knows her stuff and just her saying that my trees need more work makes me believe it. We get our grades next week so I'll see what I get but the good thing is we're allowed to re-submit our work once more after its graded so if I'm not happy with my mark I'll just redo the trees and give it in again. I actually think this is one of my better paintings. I've never really done any cityscape kind of thing and now I've got an intense fascination with the way cars look in the night. In fact, I really want to go to the auto show to get some ideas for my next painting which I think will be of a car. The next assignment is actually 4 mini paintings showing the progression from something totally realistic to that of totally abstract. So I could start with my car painting and then move to a nice blur to show the movement of a car. Why the sudden fascination with cars? I don't know, they're nice when shiny and remind me of makeup.Plus I recieved some nice compliments about the cars in my painting! Tomorrow is my portfolio evaluation for drawing so I'm going to do so last minute stuff for that now. I guess I'll have to start my essay on thurs "sigh."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home