English-Drama Fun
Talk about an interesting class! Today in my teaching English education class we had a guest speaker who came in to talk to us about teacher drama in the English classroom. It was a fun class and we got to try out the suggestions she gave us but what really caught my attention was her voice and and expressions she made while talking. I don't know if it was just me because I was sitting in the front, but her voice was LOUD! She also gave us a lot of stories and examples and she practically acted them out using different voices and facial expressions which was really funny and definitly helpful in making me stay awake. Some of the ideas we got I'd love to use one day in my own class but some didn't really relate but were just fun, such as the atom game: the teacher calls out "atom" and says a number. For example, "atom 2" means that everyone who is walking around (which is the whole class) has to race to find somone and then join hands with them. The leftover people without a partner are supposed to "hide" in between the hands of the closest group, kind of like their hugging you (yeah my grade 12s would love to do this with each other). Because I'm pretty slow I usually had to be the "hidden" person. But it was still fun. The guest speaker also made some chicken noises, and I didn't really get that joke, but what I've learned in the past is that if everyone around you is laughing, just join in and nobody will know you didn't get the joke. For anyone who is slow on jokes, my tip is not to burst out laughing randomly somewhere once you do get that joke (an hour later, a week later, in your sleep etc) because people will give you really weird looks like you're some kind of nutcase. I know from experience, it happened again today.
5 Comments:
At 11:13 p.m.,
nat said…
Sometimes it isn't good when you laugh at something and pretend to get it when you really don't, because when someone who doesn't get it is bold enough to ask you "I don't get it, explain it to me" then you look dumb for not not being able to explain it lol. Trust me this has happened to me!
At 11:15 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
LOL yeah I catch her like that too
At 11:31 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Hey...well this comment really has nuttin to do wit wha u wrote...but i'm procrastinatin from doin my homework so i needed an excuse!....its not really hard and kinda interestin...(its for a Parenthood class...and im supposed to learn wha my parentin style is..whaeva that means....)..but yeah so i am soo unmotivated....well ur classes seem so much more fun than mine!!...all i get to talk bout is stupid cells and DNA...how fun right?!...hahah...newayz...ur not alone in not gettin jokes right away..ima lil slow at times and yeah i have laughed out like 5 hours latah and pplz lookin at me like im crazy man..lol...newayz..jus wantd to say wha up...latah aaliya
At 11:33 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
oh by tha way...i found tha cutest picture of us from when we were lil!!...i think it was Zahra's bday party or suttin....we madd small and shyt..but its too cute!!...haha...yeah..thas it..
At 10:21 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Nurdan that's happened to me too! But sometimes when you ask for the joke to be explained people get frustrated and are just like oh never mind -- that's Vicky to me!
Samia you have to scan that pic so I can see! And the floral arrangment class you told me about before sounds fun so what are you talking about don't complain!
Post a Comment
<< Home