To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Finding Neverland

I slept at 4am, woke up at 7 to edit then spent most of my day running around Chinatown. That was yesterday-today I'm sort of going to relax and sort of going to begin my LAST essay of the year. Anyways, I assumed Chinatown would have some nice Chinese fabric that i could use for my painting- but there were hardly any fabric stores! Maybe I was looking in the wrong spot? I mean when you go to Gerrard there's so many Indian fabric stores but all along Dundas and Spadina there's just one tiny Chinese one with hardly any selection? Well I got my fabric from there, it's very pretty but I would have liked more choice and maybe a lower price. For this painting it's supposed to be on fabric, we can choose whatever we want and we have to create a pattern so I'm going to paint chopsticks all over it. There also has to be 1 surprise element so in the corner I'm going to paint a fork. I think it will be fun to do but I don't know how much fun it was walking outside in the cold from store to store only to be let down each time. I hadn't been to Chinatown in like 10 years but where else to get Chinese silk fabric with dragons and symbols? Fabricland?




Afterwards we went and saw "Finding Neverland" which I thought was such a beautiful movie. It was so imaginative and whimsical and it was just perfect for me to rest my legs to after walking all day. I love movies with a sad ending they're just so much more emotional. I had tears in my eyes at the end and so did V even though he denied it (I could sense he had them).

7 Comments:

  • At 3:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hha..yeah thurs as in 2 days ago.....today is our last day here and we're leaving sunday morning....oh well..mayb next time!!...haha...ill talk to yah latah....

     
  • At 6:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    y was it sad.
    chapters is having a sale

     
  • At 7:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anonymous/leila?

    It was sad because the mom dies in the end and the little boys have no mom or dad then. And the little boys are cute, especially Peter.

    Is the Chapters sale good?

     
  • At 7:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anonymous/leila?

    It was sad because the mom dies in the end and the little boys have no mom or dad then. And the little boys are cute, especially Peter.

    Is the Chapters sale good?

     
  • At 7:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anonymous/leila?

    It was sad because the mom dies in the end and the little boys have no mom or dad then. And the little boys are cute, especially Peter.

    Is the Chapters sale good?

     
  • At 7:07 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This stupid thing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home