To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday Night

Went to see "Hitch" - good movie, funny, a nice way to end my stressful week. A little unrealistic to some: how a fat guy like that can get a pretty girl like her... but you know what, in the real world, it isn't always about looks. That's not to say that your physical appearence doesn't play a part in attraction, of course it does - for most people. Which reminds of a comment one guy from my art class brought up this week that relates to looks. I can't remember for what reason but in the middle of our critique he mentions that a certain portion of the girls at York are referred to as the "club york" girls because to quote him "they care about how they look when they go to class." He announced this in front of the class and expressed his dislike for these girls and I couldn't help feeling a little slighted like I mean I care about how I look when I go to class (I was wearing a cute tie that day so you could call me dressed up). I'm not a "vacuous bubblehead" (he said they were something like that). I love fashion and clothes and makeup and jewellery and I also love school and learning and reading and all the nerdy stuff like word origins. I looked around the class and noticed that almost everyone looked like a slob. How yucky. It's the people that look interesting that make class interesting too. And yes sometimes I can look like a slob too, basically my point is that just because you make an effort in how you look each day doesn't mean you're dumb. The next time that guy mentions "club york" girls again I'm going to say something. He talks too much anyway and his art isn't that great. This doesn't really relate to the movie anymore but that's okay it's almost 1am and I got to sleep.

My favourite quote: Intelligence is beauty

7 Comments:

  • At 10:41 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    Lolll @ Club York. We have those at UTM too, but they actually dress like they're going to a club.

     
  • At 2:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hitch was good
    but i cudnt believe he wanted her after she did all that too him

     
  • At 10:00 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Yeah but there should be a name for all the people that look like bums like the guy that said that.


    "anonymous" do I know you? Yeah she was pretty bad but he shouldn't have lied to her and kept stuff hidden about himself from the beginning. Remember whenever there's a problem it's always the guys fault.

     
  • At 8:04 p.m., Blogger nat said…

    I've been at UTM for 3 years now, I have yet to see these girls who dress like they're going to a club. UTM is pure south asians! Neway next time the guy says nething about "club york" just tell him he shouldnt care so much about how others dress, he should just mind his own business.

     
  • At 8:37 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    Nuffy look for the arab girls that smoke outside the Tim Hortons door (altho it's not frequented so much now with all the construction).

     
  • At 12:06 a.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    We have some people at Ryerson who dress like they're going to a club... probably because all the clubs are nearby and they probably DO go to the clubs in the evening after school. Oh well.

     
  • At 9:56 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    But I'm not even talking about people who dress like that, I'm talking about people who dress up (just a little for class) that's what the guy was saying. He was like what's the point of trying to look nice if you're just coming to class. But there is a point, it makes you feel good and it's fun - that's what I think anyway. Anyways he looked like a bum, that's what you would think first looking at him, so maybe he should rethink his opinions.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home