To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Get on the GO

My first year of York was the BEST because I had a car. I had so much freedom I couldn't believe it and maybe I did abuse the freedom a bit... but it was good. After my accident I lost my car priveleges. I've been taking the GO for almost 2 years now. Yes, I've read about how GO is going to increase their prices. Not good for me since my parents are now making me pay for my own transportation. Yesterday was a bad experience but if I think about it, the GO bus is really pretty okay. I do feel priveleged in the fact that I don't have to take the stinky Brampton bus or any other local bus. I've only taken it twice in my life and I don't like it. I get a ride to the station so it's pretty easy for me. I've taken the TTC a lot more and I can't stand that either. It's a whole different atmosphere. On the GO (well on my GO) there's only York students. It's also always an Express so we never have to make any stops. In the morning it's always quiet because people just sleep, in the late afternoon and at night people yap away on their phones but it's interesting to listen to everyone.

Good points:
- 15 min on the 407 and I'm at school
- nice soft comfortable seats
- seats are adjustable
- armrests can move
- lights can be turned on for reading at night
- ac and heating
- compartments at the top for storing your stuff
- it's clean
- it looks good
- some have mini tvs (but I've never seen them in use)

Most of the drivers are really nice. The old men are the nicest and always say "good morning" and "have a nice day." There's one man in particular who looks 80 but is so nice. He always sings. I find women drivers to be really cranky. They never say anything. I think they're unhappy with their jobs. Of course there's also some bad points, like waiting in the cold if you want to get a seat. And the fact that after 6 the bus doesn't come every 20 minutes but every half hour and then later once every hour almost. Also the fact that I'm always scared I'll fall asleep and end up in Hamilton.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The bus blows ok!! I dont care if its brampton, ttc, go or mississauga tranist they all stink! In the winter you wait outside in the freezing cold and in the summer you are behind someone who has there stinky armpit in your face! The only good one is the subway because driving downtown is a byatch.

    My 2 cents

     
  • At 10:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The GO bus does not stink!! How would you know, you never even take it!!! The subway stinks! you're just jealous that my bus is nicer than your TTC-- now that's where there's people with stinky armpits -- but how would you know? Who have you been standing so close to know that???

     
  • At 11:37 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    You make valid points in defence of GO transit, but I still prefer a car. However, you are correct in saying that the GO is the most comfortable of the many GTA public transportation systems and whenever I don't have access to a car, I use the GO. And Agent Sparky, the TTC does stink, the sooner you accept it, the saner you'll be.

     
  • At 4:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Of course I'd still prefer a car too! My parents said maybe they'll let me drive again once school ends this year so I'm hoping they still think that. Plus I passed my G driving test in Decemeber (I left it till the last minute) -- I didn't really deserve to pass but that's another story!

     
  • At 12:04 a.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    Did they pass you for the G-test because you were a girl and started fluttering your eyes to them when they were about to read how you had failed? Those male evaluators tend to do that...

    You wrote some good points about GO. It almost seems like as if you're advertising for them or that some judicial court ordered you to write good things about it. Ironically, I wrote about GO Transit prices on my blog...

     
  • At 10:00 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Yeah that's how I passed lol.
    Seriously I didn't deserve to pass because I messed up on the parallel parking, I cut some guy off at the light and my speed wasn't consistent on the highway. The guy testing me was really nice he just talked to me about York and his ex from York the whole time and he told me he didn't feel like failing me because he want's me to have a good weekend.

    I guess sometimes it is easier for girls!

    And I'm NOT advertising for GO!! I'm just stating some points, good and bad!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home