Tshwane

Pretoria....Tshwane?
In the Star there was an article about how South Africa might be going to change the name of its capital Pretoria to Tshwane. Tshwane means "we are the same" - very nice and peaceful if you ask me unlike "Pretoria" which is named after some explorer guy who brought the white people to SA. Why is this significant? Because change needs to happen to get rid of a still colonialist image. Sort of like Bombay to Mumbai..
17 Comments:
At 10:22 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I'd like to take credit for the bombay to mumbi comment since I'm the one who told her! Yes I know i'm so smart
P.S. sara smells
At 10:37 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Yes you did tell me that after I told you about the SA change you just had to bring up India!
p.s what does sara smell like?
At 10:08 a.m.,
sara said…
They changed bombay? I didn't know that. It seems like the whole world wants to sound more African, and I don't blame them. We are truely a cool bunch. I just hope they don't change Johannesburg to Egoli cause I like it how it is. Unless they find a cool name like Mpumalanga.
p.s. Hugo Boss Intense or Deep Red, sometimes Diesel Plus Plus, but I mostly wore that in Dec when I went to SA. Who knows, I might break it out again in the summer ;)
At 11:18 a.m.,
sara said…
Vicky is winking at other girls and he said that boys and girls aren't equal!
At 11:47 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
sighhhhh first of all they changed the name like 10 years ago, I dont konw where u have been. Second of all nobody wants to be more african, only fools like you who pretend to be.
P.S. if boys and girls are the same then a boy should be able to wear pink if he wants.
At 1:19 p.m.,
'liya said…
I like Mpumalanga where is that from - it has 'puma' in it! It's sad V is jealous of us South africans ... he's just indian yuck. Did you know in India they use cow poo as a facial cleanser? It was in the paper, I remind him
about it all the time.
Who is vicky winking at? If he knows best he'd stop or soon he won't have the use of his eyesight at all anymore because my fist will connect to his head (I'm not always violent just when necessary, plus I'm mad at him right now and he knows why so it's necessary!)
At 1:25 p.m.,
'liya said…
Also girls and boys are not equal. We knows things and just pretend not to - like yesterday I knew V would come to look for me in the computer lab and I pretended to be invisible and he coudlnt even find me even though he looked right at me. And you know what he said laterhe asked me if i was the one biting my nails and I said yes and he said I didnt think that was you because she looked too HEAVY!!!! can you beleive that! I'm still not over that. I'm even madder than before now for remembering, I'm as mad as Hamlet is pretending to be! So if V ever wears pink I'll attack him.
At 4:14 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I'm glad everyone here can see how VIOLENT this crazy litte girl is towards me! Your blog has exposed yourself to the world!!
At 4:14 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I'm glad everyone here can see how VIOLENT this crazy litte girl is towards me! Your blog has exposed yourself to the world!!
At 7:26 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you can all see this. Look how violent she is towards me! Imagine if I said this to her! I bet sarah is giong to make some stupid comment about how I deserve it.
At 7:27 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you can all see this. Look how violent she is towards me! Imagine if I said this to her! I bet sarah is giong to make some stupid comment about how I deserve it.
At 7:28 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you can all see this. Look how violent she is towards me! Imagine if I said this to her! I bet sarah is giong to make some stupid comment about how I deserve it.
At 12:21 a.m.,
sara said…
Uh a boy can wear whatever colour he wants. I can understand Aaliya's violence, sometimes I want to hit you through msn, or maybe put a finger up that "a girl is not supposed to put up because my name is Vick and I just came from India and I think that girls are subordinated objects".
At 10:47 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
This is exactly what I'm talking about!!! If I said this to you there would be police waiting at my door!! Thank you for the perfect example. All I said was somethings boys can do and other things girls can do and its much worse when a girl smokes compared to when a guy smokes.
P.S. I am in no way promoting smoking! Anyone who does it has a problem and should seek help.
At 1:38 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Boys can wear what ever colour they want but V can not wear pink. That's just an agreement we have!
At 5:11 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I will wear pink one day just to get you mad
At 5:24 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
On that day I'll be calling you Victoria ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home