To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

A Beautiful Read

"The mosque was truly an open construction to God...we stood and arranged ourselves shoulder to shoulder in rows, every space ahead being filled by someone from behind until every line was solid and were row after row of worshippers. It felt good to bring my forehead to the ground. Immediately it felt like a deeply religious contact" - page 67 LIFE OF PI

Wow the LIFE OF PI was suchhhhhh a good book! I just finished now, I've been reading every second I got- I couldn't put it down! It's so beautifully written, I loved the language, only the format sort of confused me a bit. Why didn't I read this book earlier? I've had it for so long.

I love how Pi was Muslim, Christian and Hindu, he's hindu orginally but combines the three religions so nicely and his interest in all three of them was sort of funny at times too. BUT the best part was him being stuck on the lifeboat with the tiger! I don't know how anyone could survive that for 7 months in the ocean! Now I want a tiger too. I think if I start off with a baby one I could train it as it grows. Kitties don't seem to be trained so well as I'm finding out... if you know what I mean LOL. I only hope that the tiger wouldn't leave me in the end, that was the only sad part in the book.

Well I hope I didn't ruin this story for anyone but I really recommend everyone reading it - it's not your average book.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeahh..... cats seem to stray....... =D

     
  • At 11:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess i need to train my cat a little harder then!!!!!!!




    Just watch

     
  • At 11:21 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    You read the WHOLE thing already? Btw you DID spoil the ending, you should mention at the beginning of ur post that it's a spoiler. *sigh* I think I had a dream about having a pet tiger but one day it ate me while i was sleeping :(

     
  • At 12:37 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    I'm sorry! I wasn't sure if you had read it or not. But I just couldn't stop once I was into it. Like I kept thinking oh no the tiger is going to eat him... I have to keep reading to see if it does!! Ok I'll stop here before I ruin it more. Next time I'll say!

    When I was younger I used to dream about animals that have escaped from the zoo and they would always eat my sister but not me cause we had bunk beds then and I slept on top so I would always be safe.. It was pretty scary as a kid to dream things like that.

     
  • At 1:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah u even spoil movies that you know!

     
  • At 11:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't! I just like to keep you up to date!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home