To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Grade 11 Ugliness

I can't believe what I witnessed today! I went on the Macbeth trip with the grade elevens because they needed another supervisor... little did I know what I was in for. Maybe it was the fact that our buses came late and we missed the opening act. Maybe it was the fact that some of the kids were acting up and smoking in line as we went in. Or maybe high school kids just can't handle being in a dark room together?

Well anyways the school has been BANNED from that theatre not only because of their loud innappropriate behaviour but also get this --- because one of our students THREATENED one of the ushers. Yeah. ..

My most memorable moment: When Lady Macbeth says "unsex me here" (1.5.43) and some of the students (male) just went crazy yelling out stuff like "yeah take your clothes off" and making silly noises etc. This continued through basically the entire play but really escalated at the sexual and violent parts, which made it almost impossible to hear the actors. It was a big contrast to the public school kids sitting up at the front and it makes me question which is the school that really is more strict with its students? I think they were surprised at our dramatic entrance too.

Obviously many of the students were quite good, but it's those that were being immature that totally give the school a bad name. I guess even if you wear a uniform you can't be perfect. Although I do remember once at Turner where some kids acted up on a trip and everyone got yelled at when we got back to school, but trust me, it was NOTHING like today. Lastly two kids ended up missing the bus back to school and had to find their own transportation back. Today just really made me wonder if all school trips are going to be like this :S

4 Comments:

  • At 7:07 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    Lol, I know that while you were on the trip and while you wrote this, you must have been thinking about what I told you beforehand... all I can offer you now is:

    "I told you so..."

    Hehehehe... :)

     
  • At 1:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crazy kids!!! I think that your Grade two's acted better then these kids!

     
  • At 6:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah I did think about what you said.. but I don't think it's because of the religion thing I think it's becuase of the types of students these were. Mostly grade 11 eleven college and some grade 11 university. But it was the college ones acting up.. I believe.

     
  • At 6:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss my grade 2s "sigh"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home