To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Interviews oh interviews..

As part of the business writing unit that I'm teaching, each student needs to be interviewed by me for the final assignment. I interview them outside in the hallway individually in hopes that they take this seriously, I've had a mixture of good and bad interviews, mainly good, but today was something else. They're supposed to be applying for jobs they would like to have as a future career but one student I interviewed this morning wanted to work at an underwear company. From the start of the interview I was desperately trying to hold myself back from laughing. He was definitely trying to be funny but somehow managed to be so serious, he just played his part so well. It went a little like this:

Me - "Why are you applying for this position?"

Student - "Well my dad was an underwear salesman and my mom wears underwear so it runs in the family"

Me - "Great...so what do feel you have to offer this company?"

Student - "My knowledge and expertise in the field of underwear, I know my underwear inside out"

Me - "What have you done outside of your formal education to improve yourself"

Student - "I invented the thong"

Me - "Oh did you?"

Student - "Well yes but someone else patented the idea first"

Me - "You have to be fast in the field of fashion"

Student - "I learned from my mistake"

Me - "Do you have any questions about the company or the position?"

Student - "I heard the company was involved in a scandal regarding the use of not enough fabric on women's underwear, can you tell me more about this?"

Me - "This interview is over"

His interview was a lot longer than this, actually it was 7 minutes long where most student's were only 5 minutes as they were supposed to be, but he was so into it and asked so many questions, it was just really funny. It was something where you just had to be there.

15 Comments:

  • At 12:34 a.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    Maybe he was trying to be funny... maybe he was trying to send you a message that he wants to check our YOUR underwear. Some of these students of yours definately need to control their hormones, lol.

     
  • At 1:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeahhh maybe he was!! What the hell was his name again!

     
  • At 7:00 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    No Nauman, I don't think he was trying to send that message, I think he was trying to send the message that he just knows underwear very well, maybe from experience maybe not, I don't really need to know! BUT I think you say this from experience, if it was you maybe YOU would have had trouble controlling your hormones as you've told me many times how attracted you were to a certain teacher at TURNER... not to name any names just hmmm she taught math ;)

     
  • At 7:01 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    a.m.m you have nothing to worry about! I'll call you at 8:30 after I do some marking, yeah some marking...


    marking?

    I'm SO tired!!!!

     
  • At 7:44 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    Okay, that's a blatant lie since I didn't like any of the teachers at Turner nor anyone who taught Math. I remember telling you that SEVERAL of the students at Turner did like this one Math teacher but that I didn't like her since I thought she looked like her face had been squeezed in by a compressor or something...

    Aaliya, you're one to talk about high school teachers... who was that teacher who you thought was hot again? I can't seem to remember his name - maybe you know...? ;)

    A.M.M: I think you do have something to worry about... Aaliya likes the attention she gets from her male students. She won't tell you that of course. ;)

     
  • At 8:23 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    You told me you liked her, or if not that then at least you were attracted to her. And I didn't like any of my teachers, I only had female teachers!!

    A.m.m you have nothing to worry about!!!!!

     
  • At 8:58 p.m., Blogger nat said…

    Hey I thought Mr Davis was good lookin! Too bad he never taught my gym class.. I would have liked having detention with him ;)

    And a lot of guys thought ms. la roche was hot.. shes not at turner anymore though, neither is mr davis!

    lol and some people though that ms distasi was an ex stripper, i dunno about that.. shes to quiet.

     
  • At 10:23 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    The teacher I was referring to was my Grade 9 french teacher but she left right after that year and thus, there are no good looking teachers at Turner there from when I remember... I forgot her name though but all I remember is that she was gorgeous.

    As for Ms. Distasi, I never liked her. I've never heard of this Mr. Davis guy nor do I remember who Ms. Laroche was. They must have all been in the South Hall or something...

     
  • At 11:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll talk to you about this later liya!

     
  • At 11:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To nuffy!

    The quiet ones are usually the biggest trouble makers! They are quiet on the outside and crazy on the inside!!!!!

     
  • At 7:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had Ms Distasi for math and she was pretty unusual looking and what she wore, well it didn't seem very math like lol. I had thought that Nauman told me he was attracted to her but maybe I got my facts mixed up, sorry Nauman (but I'm still 60% sure you said that, and you told me this recently, but maybe I'm just not thinking right after being teaching in a high school this whole week)

    I don't know who Mr. Davis is, I remember I had one math teacher who I thought looked sort of nice but this was in grade 9!

    Plus V, you told me you liked your cousin's teacher remember?

     
  • At 11:05 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    Your 60% right isn't accurate... sorry. You definately seem confused lately from your marking as further evidenced from your Friday adventure of sitting in front of Best Buy instead of Old Navy.

    You need rest... and the sad part is that you don't work hard enough to even warrant it... hehe.
    (just teasing though you seem to get "flustered" very easily... then again, you did work hard in school all year and I give you credit for pulling off impressive marks for that)

     
  • At 10:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I work hard ALL the time!!!!

     
  • At 12:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah u do get your facts mixed up. I never said I liked my cousins teacher. Your crazy little head just assumes things all the time!

     
  • At 1:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You did like her, I remember you said everyone did and then I asked if you did and you avoided answering so that means yes!

    Don't lie to me I know you too well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home