Sin City
After my not so hard day of teaching I saw Sin City. I wasn't sure what to expect, I didn't know what the movie was going to be about so I didn't expect the plot I got. I guess I thought there would be more of Jessica Alba in it since the paper made such a big deal out of her but she hardly seemed to be there.

I guess I'd say I didn't really like the story much, I found it complicated and confusing and I still don't understand the ending or how so many of the dead people kept coming back but I did like how it was made. The background with little pops of colour WAS pretty unique. I liked how the colour of the eyes or lips would stand out. Anyways, it wasn't that bad, it was different, but I had a much better sort of sin city of my own after the movie.. hehe.. .. .. .. .. ..
I guess I'd say I didn't really like the story much, I found it complicated and confusing and I still don't understand the ending or how so many of the dead people kept coming back but I did like how it was made. The background with little pops of colour WAS pretty unique. I liked how the colour of the eyes or lips would stand out. Anyways, it wasn't that bad, it was different, but I had a much better sort of sin city of my own after the movie.. hehe.. .. .. .. .. ..
6 Comments:
At 8:39 p.m.,
sara said…
It wasn't chronological, you have to really pay attention to get it (instead of having a sin city of your own instead of watching) :P
At 10:13 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
You are right sara (for once ;) You had to pay attention to really understand the story. But you are wrong about the other part! The post says that we had our a sin city of our own after the movie! She just doesn't get movies all the time. For anyone who didnt see it and doesnt want me to ruin it for them plz stop reading. I dont understand the first and last part though. Who was the that guy who shot the girl at the start and how does he fit in? Was he the same guy who shot the girl with the blue eyes at the end? That was the only part I didnt understand. I think they could have done the yellow guy better then that, he looked way too out of place. Like they could have made him a little different but not so much that he looks like someone from star trek. Other then that I think the movie was pretty good. Liya didnt like the fact that there were a lot of toppless chicks in the movie, and at different times tried to cover my eyes. One time she almost poked me! Well, anyone that knows her knows that shes a little crazy, well maybe hot a little..... I kinda like the fact that it wasnt very realistic, like the guy gets hit in the head with a hammer and is just knocked out. Or that guy who looked like harry potter can get ripped apart by a dog and not scream. I don't exactly know why I liked that, maybe because everything else in the movie was so different that it kinda fit. The one thing I thought was kinda odd was that girls ninja star was in the shape of a Nazi sign, which is originally an Indian symbol but I wont get into that, I don't know if there was a meaning behind that or if they just thought it looked cool. It was kinda hard to tell what time period it was all set in too. The clothes/cars/club and stuff kinda looked 50's 60's but they have cell phones. I thought it mixed together well! Over all I thought it was a good movie, hopefully they make part two.
At 2:48 a.m.,
nat said…
Yes V, the guy who shot the girl in the end with the blue eyes is the same guy that shot the girl in the beginning with the red dress. I think his role in the movie was tying up any loose ends. Remember the girl with the blue eyes did betray her hooker friends, so they probably hired the hitman to take her out. What I liked about the movie was, anyone that was associated with color died. And yah that yellow guy was weird.. friggen perv! I also liked the way the stories fit into each other. It was different from most traditional movies, it had more flavor. The only thing I didnt like was benico del toro's part.. they made him out to be a psycho too.. LOL and elijah wood but hes kinda weird already.
At 12:20 p.m.,
'liya said…
A.m.m that's some movie review you got there. And if they ever do make a second part I'm going to preview it first to make sure the women are more covered up otherwise we won't be seeing it (and you won't be seeing it at all) because you KNOW I don't like that especially since when I tried to cover your eyes you kept pushing my hands away!
I don't care if I'm being immature, but you could have at least brought your jacket with the soft inside for my poor back! In the end it was an okay movie and I only liked it for how it was made but next time I'm going to pick the movie again, and I want to see The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants coming out June 1st, cause I read both books and they were really good, and after that we're going to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because I read that too and it makes me hungry.
At 11:30 p.m.,
Nauman said…
I haven't seen Sin City yet but I plan to so I've had to ignore most of the posts.
Regarding Aaliya/Vick's own Sin City after the movie, I have one word... "astaghfirullah". :)
At 7:12 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
;)
Post a Comment
<< Home