Byebye Notre Dame
I never take a nap during the day but yesterday after talking on the phone my eyes just wouldn't open and I ended up falling asleep for 4 hours (and no V the conversation was not boring!) Well that messed up my sleeping patterns and last night I couldn't fall asleep even though I was so tired. I'm wide awake right now and my goal today is to mark the presentations and finish all the last minute work for Monday. The presentations were OK- nothing so wonderful, a couple of funny ones though. It was nice that the students actually cared that it was my last day and were nice and clapped when I was done etc etc I WILL miss them but not as much as I missed my grade 2s last year. I mean it was sad and everything but nobody cried and it was nice knowing that I had that effect over the kids last year where there were some tears. Anyways I must have learned more about the Catholic faith more than ever this year teaching at a Catholic school and combined with my art history courses, I I even memorized some of their prayers like "Glory be..." "Our Father.." and "hail Mary" .... because often when they said them I found myself saying them in my head as well, just altering the endings for myself to suit a more Islamic understanding. Next year though I hope I'm placed in a public school since that's where I'll end up teaching - it would be kind of weird to be placed at Turner, I can't imagine calling any of my old teachers by their first name but any other public school around here would be nice since you find the same types of kids anywhere only in Catholic school they're disguised in uniforms. Monday I'm just going in to hand in marked work, finish some things and say goodbye to the teachers - then I'm out of there! It was definitely a learning experience and I had a good time but now it's time to move on and enjoy my summer, work and make some money and go out and enjoy myself once again.
Time to look for a job! I'm actually going to try to look for something instead of just working for family because I think I need some experience in other ways but if I can't find something at least I have something to fall back on. I mean it isn't that hard to buy my dad coffee everyday but it does get a bit boring.. it also gets boring working at my grandparents store even though I'm a minutes walk from Eaton Centre there's nobody to talk to! Any ideas? I'm looking for something artsy and with kids but nothing outside and not too messy, or nothing that I'd have to wake up early for.
Time to look for a job! I'm actually going to try to look for something instead of just working for family because I think I need some experience in other ways but if I can't find something at least I have something to fall back on. I mean it isn't that hard to buy my dad coffee everyday but it does get a bit boring.. it also gets boring working at my grandparents store even though I'm a minutes walk from Eaton Centre there's nobody to talk to! Any ideas? I'm looking for something artsy and with kids but nothing outside and not too messy, or nothing that I'd have to wake up early for.
2 Comments:
At 12:24 a.m.,
nat said…
We could go shopping one day during the summer... I love shopping!
At 2:21 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
For sure we have to do something!
Post a Comment
<< Home