News from the teaching front:
I feel like I haven't blogged in a while, but I was a little annoyed earlier this week when I typed out an entry and then went to post it and it said closed for maintainence! What I wrote didn't even save so I gave up and went to bed.
But that's okay, I forgive my blog because how can I be mad when my summer will officially start Monday at 3:00! I'm really enjoying myself teaching but it's time for a break. My poor stressed out body cannot wake up another morning at 6:30. I think waking up is the hardest part for me because the whole year I woke up at 10 so the sudden change for the last 4 weeks has been a shock to my brain. I'm going to miss the school and the students who I'm really getting to know now. They were pretty good kids and I didn't have any real problems considering they're all grade 12 students and a lot bigger than me. I've even gotten so used to people calling me "Ms." hmm maybe V you can call me that? Tomorrow we're ending part one of the media unit and I'm looking forward to the presentations. All week they've been working on creating ads and a lot of them seem pretty funny. You know what, I think if I were a student I would have liked me being my teacher. Does that make sense? Not to sound arrogant or anything but I think I'm a good teacher and since a student came up to me after class one day and said "Ms. today you had a great lesson today" I've been feeling prettyyyyyy good!
P.S America's Next Top Model was still in Cape Town when I watched yesterday! Since nobody else I know watches it, at least I can bond with my students over it! Sometimes I wish I was in high school again but then I look at my students all excited and giggly over Grad Night at Wonderland and I think to myself, nah I had my turn already and I had a pretty good time that night!
But that's okay, I forgive my blog because how can I be mad when my summer will officially start Monday at 3:00! I'm really enjoying myself teaching but it's time for a break. My poor stressed out body cannot wake up another morning at 6:30. I think waking up is the hardest part for me because the whole year I woke up at 10 so the sudden change for the last 4 weeks has been a shock to my brain. I'm going to miss the school and the students who I'm really getting to know now. They were pretty good kids and I didn't have any real problems considering they're all grade 12 students and a lot bigger than me. I've even gotten so used to people calling me "Ms." hmm maybe V you can call me that? Tomorrow we're ending part one of the media unit and I'm looking forward to the presentations. All week they've been working on creating ads and a lot of them seem pretty funny. You know what, I think if I were a student I would have liked me being my teacher. Does that make sense? Not to sound arrogant or anything but I think I'm a good teacher and since a student came up to me after class one day and said "Ms. today you had a great lesson today" I've been feeling prettyyyyyy good!
P.S America's Next Top Model was still in Cape Town when I watched yesterday! Since nobody else I know watches it, at least I can bond with my students over it! Sometimes I wish I was in high school again but then I look at my students all excited and giggly over Grad Night at Wonderland and I think to myself, nah I had my turn already and I had a pretty good time that night!
2 Comments:
At 8:28 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Damn Straight u had a good time at grad nite!!! You had two good times, even though we didn't go the second time!
At 2:00 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
:D
Post a Comment
<< Home