To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Broken feet... and a few steps later...

My legs are killing me! Walking up and down Bloor then down Yonge to Eaton Centre, up and down and throughout Eaton Centre, then up and down Queen, then to Union Station - well it's a lot of walking but I'm pretty happy. Why am I happy? Well I got a nice skirt that I can't wait to wear! I even stopped at my grandparents store for a quick hello! Today was quite a long shopping trip, but it wasn't all pleasure, there was some work involved! Learned how to use the GO train, cheated on a student pass and pretended I was a student from Ryerson to get a discount, taught Tanya how to use the subway, and provided V with a job in childcaring which he knows nothing about! At least it's official now, I'm actually going to do both jobs... The Shakespeare job begins on Monday and I'm going to do that until the other one starts, then continue weekends with the first until both are done. V and Tanya are going to be my assistants (yes I'm the boss!) and will be taking over for me when I'm at my teaching job. Basically I'll be working practically everyday but I don't care, I want the money and I think they'll both be fun. Plus I've never been a boss before. Makes me feel pretty important!

9 Comments:

  • At 12:12 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    How did you get the GO Pass? They don't check for student id or anything? Expain it to me with step-by-step instructions so that I can get one too, cause I always pay the adult price.

     
  • At 11:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Step by step instructions lol:

    1. Find someone who's doing summer school so that they can fill out one of those GO i.d things cause otherwise there's no chance (unless other schools work differently I don't know, but York wouldn't let me update mine cause I'm not doing summer school there so I got my sister who's at Ryerson to fill one out for me and she used my name and everything)

    2. Go to the information place (customer service?) at the GO station at Union and pretend it's your first time taking the GO bus/train in your life - act very innocent and ask for a map and which way to go and pretend to be scared and confused then they'll process your i.d card for you and forget to ask stuff like where's your STUDENT i.d card (although maybe I just did all my acting for nothing and they really never ask to see one?)

    3. go buy your pass for the student price! Act confused there too and ask silly questions like how will they stamp my pass on the train?

    * Always attempt to find the cheapest way out of things so then you have money left over to buy a nice skirt. I also tried to get the student price on subway tickets (my first time buying them) but unfortunately I didn't realize you had to be a high school student and I said I was a university student and the guy said "I'm sorry darling but you're too grown up" - next time I'll pretend to be a high school student and pretend I lost my school i.d. Mostly people are really nice if you act innocent and confused so you might feel guilty cheating your way out but I look at it as saving money :D

     
  • At 11:46 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    Well technically, we ARE still students, they're just trying to steal from us because we want a summer vacation, and that's not cool. Thanks for the instructions, i'll have to polish my acting skills.

     
  • At 2:47 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    I can't believe how incredibly cheap you are and how incredibly deceiving you are... good job though still in getting the GO Pass with a student discount. :)

     
  • At 9:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes I'm incredibly cheap and incredibly deceiving - thought you knew!

    :D

     
  • At 10:11 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    I knew you were cheap and I knew you were very deceptive but I never knew you could exceed those limits even. ;)

     
  • At 11:20 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    I didn't know about the deceptive part, but then again you decieved into thinking we were watching Batman this week!!!!!! Well, I can't totally blame you, I only remembered about it today, but N is leaving on Saturday, so it will have to wait one more week, *sigh*

     
  • At 8:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I completely forgot about that too.. but Batman only came out on Wed anyway! We'll see it when he comes back, I'll check what days I'm not working and you can remind me!

     
  • At 12:08 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    Loll, okay well I already saw Batman last night, cause nothing else was playing at 1030 (there was a showing of batman literally every 15 minutes!). But by the time you have a day off and we finally go to the movies, Willy Wonka will be out (and yes I KNOW its not called that).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home