To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Friday, June 10, 2005

The writer in me.

Yes, so my class has published our book, it's called From A Room Without Windows and it's only available if you order it from Chapters or the library, which nobody will do because their not interested in a bunch of students poetry lol but it's a nice thought that it will always be available. I like the fact that it does have its own authentic ISBN number - pretty nice! Anyways at the book launch on Monday I was quite nervous to read my short story in front of everyone. I was so nervous I thought I might chicken out, like you'd think I'd be okay after all my teaching but no - probably because I've never presented anything in front of these people before. It was a bit like FRIENDS you know where Phoebe does her singing in Central Perk, only here it was reading and Phoebe wasn't there and it was in a coffee house. Overall it was okay, I only felt I could breath after I was done my part "sigh" but I had my lovely source of support and inspiration sitting right in front of me and every time I looked up I saw only him. Our books look pretty nice - with the help of my cover art of course !

Book/Cover designed by moi (pic with my professor):
Okay, so it's hard to see, but there's a bookshelf and it has everyone's name from the class on a seperate book and the professor's book is on the couch.



I also finally got my own poetry/art book back that I created Loves Me, Loves Me Not (and I'm okay with the A I got even though I expected an A+), I think it looks pretty good - sort of top view looking in:



This was like a book year or something, I did a From a Room Without Windows with my class, Loves Me Loves Me Not, and the one for my photography class Itching to be Stitching, both my own. My next goal is to write the next Harry Potter book and actually make tons of money like J. K. Rowling :D


V - I bet you're thinking so get started already!
p.s. Why is it so hard to photograph books/paper/words?

5 Comments:

  • At 3:02 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    Keep up the good work...

     
  • At 6:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes I was your inspiration! You also forgot to mention that I took that picture of you and your teacher ( I know it was dark it was in a very dark room) You forgot to mention what the story was about!! Hmmmmm maybe it would be a good idea if you can put it up on your blog! or what that plagiarising? =)

     
  • At 6:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohhhhhhhh and the reason the pages dont come out so good is because of the flash. You have to take the picture in a very well lit place so it doesnt use a flash.

     
  • At 7:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I look sweaty.. I was definitly feeling sweaty :S and no I'm not going to put the story up it's kind of embaressing! but what do you mean by plagiarizing? Like it's my own work! Actually you CAN plagiarize your own work - I gave one student zero marks for an assignment that he handed in from another class of his to me. Am I a mean teacher? I probably would have done the same thing as him if I were the student :S

     
  • At 3:37 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    Great job! The copyright depends on the contract agreement. If you just gave the book first rights than you can post it, but usually there's a time limit so you should check how long you have to wait to "republish" it. But I don't think its that big of a deal, I put my Flare article on my website, even though the issue JUST came out, but I think I was supposed to wait 6 months :S

     

Post a Comment

<< Home