To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Let's (not) play kill the brown people!

Things my grade 2 students say that make me want to kill myself, or at least cry because it's the same thing over and over and from the same kids! You'd think they'd learn but no, from now on I ignore all students. I bought a whistle today and I'm going to blow it loud in everyone's ears tomorrow so they shut up.

1. "I have to go to the bathroom" and then 5 min later ...

2. "Can I go to the bathroom?" again! "sigh"

3. "Is it lunchtime?" No, when it is I'll tell you.

4. "Is it snack time?" No, if it was I wouldn't be in the middle of explaining your math to you.

5. "I don't have a snack" well darling what am I supposed to do about it, I didn't bring myself one and I sure didn't bring one for you.

6. "Is it hometime?" I wish! No, I'm stuck with you for another 6 hours, the day just started!

7. "What are we doing next?" If you ask me this one more time I'll scream! I didn't memorize the schedule but since you want to know so badly maybe you should.

8. "Do you have a boyfriend?" Yeah but I'll lie to you and say I don't cause you're only 6 and you can't handle the truth.

9. "Are you married?" Do you see a ring? Think/look before you speak.

10. "Do you have a mom?" Obviously, I had to be born from someone.

11. "He said a bad word!" Like I really care, do I have to get out of my seat to come over there and talk to him now?

12. "He budded in line!" So did I, that's why I'm at the front.

13. "She doesn't like me" And this concerns me because?

14. "I'm bored" Kill me! Please!

15. "Do you like live at school?" Yes in the staff room.

16. "Is the classroom your home?" See the above.

17. Are you pregnant? Am I really that fat?

18. Can I tell you a joke? I'd rather you not but I'll listen and fake laughing to make you feel good.

19. I have a headache. Me too

20. I need help. Tell me about it.

This list will get longer as time goes on. It's not that I'm so annoyed, just frustrated. Like use your brain kid, if I'm in the middle of math lesson do I need to know you have a baby sister? Yeesh!

There's one student who drives me totally insane. He's the cutest boy in the class but also the most annoying. Today he felt it was his job to tell me why doing math is not part of camp. I tried to explain to him that this is like a school camp and he wouldn't listen. Nobody in the class likes him because he get's everyone in trouble. When he bit another student I sent him to the corner to reflect on his actions and he fell asleep for half an hour on the desk - not just sitting on the desk, but his whole body lying down on the table. I'm scared about our trip to mini golf tomorrow, I think he might hit someone with the stick... like on purpose. I hope it's me.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

    I think this was the best blog post you ever wrote. It gave me a great laugh in the morning and I think I'll read it again after cardio. I can see that teaching is kinda getting to you, maybe kids isnt your thing. As you know I have my own monsters to deal with but there are only 3 of them. It sums up all the stupid shit kids ask that make you want to belt them one. Sighhhhh why did they take away the beating system.....

     
  • At 5:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you find it so humourous! Can you volunteer for our trip next week? Thanks! You're the best!
    My class will love you and will love asking you all the above questions :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home