Stupid Expenses :(
Not in a good mood. Had to get my eyes checked today and buy new glasses and it cost almost $400!!! AND I still have to get new contacts! The problem with my old glasses is they were just really old and parts of the glass had started peeling off from the countless times they've fell of my face and been stepped on. I've also wanted new glasses for the longest time because I want to wear them to school on Mondays when I'll be too lazy to put in my contacts because that's my early class day. My body problems are costing me too much. I mean $400! Even with the cheapest frames I could find that somewhat look good... Stupid eyes.
My wisdom teeth extraction had to be rescheduled for October but luckily my parents will pay for that. My parents said either I pay for my teeth or I pay for books/bus but I figure I could save more on the latter so I'm leaning towards that. Stupid teeth. According to my estimates my part of the deal could be paying as high as $1500 but if I'm smart I could lower that to about $1000. Let's see, GO Bus will cost me $111.00 a month (stupid student monthly pass increased by $10.00!) so if there's about 6 months to pay for with maybe one 10 ride pass.. I'm looking at about $750.00 for the year, right? Books, well I'll buy them cheaper from whoever I can find, maybe post some ads around school to sell my old ones.. .whatever.. I will not spend more than $300 on books this year even though I've already checked the totals and for only 2 classes it's at $500
:S
My wisdom teeth extraction had to be rescheduled for October but luckily my parents will pay for that. My parents said either I pay for my teeth or I pay for books/bus but I figure I could save more on the latter so I'm leaning towards that. Stupid teeth. According to my estimates my part of the deal could be paying as high as $1500 but if I'm smart I could lower that to about $1000. Let's see, GO Bus will cost me $111.00 a month (stupid student monthly pass increased by $10.00!) so if there's about 6 months to pay for with maybe one 10 ride pass.. I'm looking at about $750.00 for the year, right? Books, well I'll buy them cheaper from whoever I can find, maybe post some ads around school to sell my old ones.. .whatever.. I will not spend more than $300 on books this year even though I've already checked the totals and for only 2 classes it's at $500
:S
5 Comments:
At 7:19 p.m.,
sara said…
I used to buy and sell used books all the time so I can help you, and you're better off with the 10 ride ticket since you're only going to school 4 days a week (I think). Also, tell me what books you need cause I might have them and u can just borrow! I can even try to borrow you some from work and you can photocopy ;)
At 9:21 p.m.,
'liya said…
:O Completely forgot about the Chapters borrowing thing! I have a question though, what if you borrow and get a page bent, are you still able to return it?
I usually just sell my books cause I don't like using used books but I guess I will this year. I sometimes don't like selling too though cause I've had expereinces where people don't show up! And I've had some mean buyers.. I think some people at York are a little snotty.
I'm going to go calculate the difference between the passes now.
At 11:00 p.m.,
FU said…
enjoy school my friend.. it was the best time of my life.. hahaha..
so sorry to hear about ur teeth and eyes... at least everything else is in good working order.. right??
:)
At 11:33 p.m.,
Nauman said…
The cost of a GO Transit Monthly Pass will be cheaper than going to school four days of the week using 10-ride passes...
Buying textbooks can be pretty expensive and tedious but yeah, it should be cheaper than having to pay for dental work. When it comes to your glasses, now you know why I got laser eye surgery. :)
At 11:38 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Yes, Fu, everything else seems to be in working order lol
And yeah monthly pass is cheaper.. "sigh" bought one for September. Already encountered a mean lady at the information desk. Then I had to convince the cashier that I was a student cause I didn't have my student I.D .. like what else do I look like???!!! That stupid lady is always giving me a hard time! She must think I enjoy walking 50 miles to the transportation office and waiting in long lines with confusing number systems.
Post a Comment
<< Home