All for some change..
I needed change for my $20.00 today and I needed it fast. So I went to Tim Hortens and decided to buy the cheapest thing I could find which turned out to be a cookie for 40 cents. I didn't think it would be so difficult....
Me - One chocolate chip cookie please.
Mean Lady - Sorry no more of those.
Me - Okay give me any cookie, doesn't matter what type, I just need change.
Mean Lady - Okay how many?
Me - One.
Mean Lady - You can't just buy one!
Me - Why not?
Mean Lady - Because you can't!
Me - Yes I can.
Mean Lady - So you want to use your $20 to pay for one cookie?
Me - Yes.
Mean Lady - You can't do that! You need to buy more cookies.
Me - I only want one!
Mean Lady - I'm sorry but you need to spend at least $2.00 to use a twenty.
Me - No I don't!! I want one cookie and that's it!
Mean Lady - (Loud exasperated sigh) I have to check if this is okay.
Me - Fine!
So the mean lady asks another worker and they say yes it's okay but I can't believe the big deal she made out of it! She kept on grumbling as she rang up my cookie which came to 43 cents and was so rude! I felt like throwing it back in her face and saying I don't even want the stupid cookie! But I didn't because I'm dignified. I think. Lol. I turned and raced out cause this whole situation had made me 15 min late to class.
I've decided to write a letter of complaint to the staff at the Tim Hortens I went to. I've also decided I'm not going to write a letter of complaint about Tulia (the Arts secertary) who I used to hate but now don't because she's started saying hi to me whenever I pass her in the hall. She must have forgotten the day I yelled at her and started crying in her office.
When I actually opened the bag some some 5 hours later I didn't even see what looked like a real cookie. It wasn't even nice and medium brown it was like dark brown ew. And it tasted odd too. So I gave most of it to my assistant - V! He seemed to like it. Some people are easily satisfied :D
I need a real cookie to make up for today.
Me - One chocolate chip cookie please.
Mean Lady - Sorry no more of those.
Me - Okay give me any cookie, doesn't matter what type, I just need change.
Mean Lady - Okay how many?
Me - One.
Mean Lady - You can't just buy one!
Me - Why not?
Mean Lady - Because you can't!
Me - Yes I can.
Mean Lady - So you want to use your $20 to pay for one cookie?
Me - Yes.
Mean Lady - You can't do that! You need to buy more cookies.
Me - I only want one!
Mean Lady - I'm sorry but you need to spend at least $2.00 to use a twenty.
Me - No I don't!! I want one cookie and that's it!
Mean Lady - (Loud exasperated sigh) I have to check if this is okay.
Me - Fine!
So the mean lady asks another worker and they say yes it's okay but I can't believe the big deal she made out of it! She kept on grumbling as she rang up my cookie which came to 43 cents and was so rude! I felt like throwing it back in her face and saying I don't even want the stupid cookie! But I didn't because I'm dignified. I think. Lol. I turned and raced out cause this whole situation had made me 15 min late to class.
I've decided to write a letter of complaint to the staff at the Tim Hortens I went to. I've also decided I'm not going to write a letter of complaint about Tulia (the Arts secertary) who I used to hate but now don't because she's started saying hi to me whenever I pass her in the hall. She must have forgotten the day I yelled at her and started crying in her office.
When I actually opened the bag some some 5 hours later I didn't even see what looked like a real cookie. It wasn't even nice and medium brown it was like dark brown ew. And it tasted odd too. So I gave most of it to my assistant - V! He seemed to like it. Some people are easily satisfied :D
I need a real cookie to make up for today.
11 Comments:
At 12:11 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Hello,
Thanks for the blog, I think it's good. Just keep going!
Don't stop.
I have a personals loan, site. It pretty much covers personals loan, related stuff.
Get a chance...check it out!
At 3:32 p.m.,
Nauman said…
Maybe she gave you a rotting cookie or something...
Why did you yell at the secretary and who was it that cried in her office after - you or her?
At 10:29 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I don't think it was rotting.. I think it was the type of cookie it was but I'm very picky and only like certain types. Like oatmeal raisin.. yum! but it has to be soft and chewy.
And I yelled at her because she's so dumb and I cried because I was so frustrated that my yelling didn't get me anywhere and she's just really dumb. If certain aspects of your life depended on her you'd probably yell and cry too.
At 1:00 a.m.,
sara said…
Ewww raisins are gross! The cheapest thing at tims is a Timbit, which you can buy for 13 cents. I do it all the time and they never have a problem with it. Also, I break change at Tims without buying anything all the time!!! You should have just asked for change!
At 11:45 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Omg I totally didn't even think of a timbit! :O
And I would have asked but they have signs posted everywhere saying "we do not give change" so yeah..
And happy early birthday again even though I just saw you! I wish me and V could have stayed longer but you don't know how hard it was waking up so early plus being sick.. and I have to go to work early again!! Last day! Yay! Hope you enjoy the earrings!
At 1:13 p.m.,
sara said…
Hey, its okay. I'm glad you guys came and im SO SORRY for being late!!! Again!!!! I loved the earings!!! I wore them the rest of the night! Um, I think you forgot my painting that you made for me, but I guess it was to big to bring right? You can give it to me next time you see me :D
At 11:32 p.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum! :D
awww you have a blog! We're re-connecting hehe Anyways, I can understand ur frustration with that situation, I've been thru many. People just love to make a big deal out of little things *sigh*
At 6:17 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
You have a blog too omg I didn't know that!! I miss you! What days are you at school and what English courses are you taking???
Visit my blog again!
At 6:31 p.m.,
Squeeky said…
haha Don't worry hun, I'll be a regular stalker ;) and I'm there on Tues/Wed/Fri! I hope we get to meet up soon insha'Allah ... Ramadan Mubarak!
At 12:08 a.m.,
FU said…
*gasp* no comments about your awesome time at sara and my's burfday party???
hahahah
ramadan mubarak - btw.. i'm throwing an iftar on sunday night with sara - let me know if u can make it!
At 1:52 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
LOL oh the birthday was great! Even though I was so tired I barely remember being there, and sick (I can't believe I threw up 3 times and still went to work and still went to a birthday!)
Will let u know if I can come!
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home