FILL IN THE GAPS!!!
If one more person asks me to fill in the gaps at mosque I think I'm going to scream! It's so hard to concentrate on praying when people are pulling you this way and that. I had a good reason for not wanting to move during taraweeh when someone grabbed me today. There was some food crumbs on the floor beside me and I didn't want to pray on top of that mess. So afterwards when she asked me why I didn't move when she touched (pulled) my arm I explained to her that I aint praying on that dirty part of the carpet and I also need my space. She didn't seem to get it so I moved to another row and she kept sending me bad looks.
The thing is I do need my space. I get very hot and feel dizzy quite easily. I have what my family calls "temperature problems." I also get cold very easily. What can I do, my body just isn't stable. Recently it's begun to get worse, sometimes in class I have to leave to go to the washroom and throw water on my neck and back to cool me down. I don't get sweaty, I just heat up. Sort of like I'm a stove or something set on the highest temp. If I don't cool myself down it gets to the point where things start to go dizzy so if I know what's good for me I best get some air or down I go to the floor. I should probably see a doctor but whatever. I don't need a super amount of space just you know, some breathing room.
My sister came to join me later on and then this other lady came to move like our entire row in the middle of the prayer and I'm just like thinking what is this, some kind of namaaz dance lol. Like why not wait until the pause between prayers? How are you supposed to focus when people are in your face? I think some of these people are more concerned about how "religious" they appear to other people rather than God. Well I moved cause I was too tired to argue but my sister didn't. Afterwards the other lady asked my sister why didn't you move and my sister practically yelled at her "how dare you pull me away from my prayer when I'm talking to God" now that's a good answer, I think I'll use that next time instead of trying to explain. The lady started mumbling under her breath, sounded like she was swearing in arabic, how ramadan-like lol.
I understand the concept of standing shoulder to shoulder but yeesh some of these women need to calm down.
In other news, I was quite sick and my mom didn't wake me up to fast today so I was really mad at her all morning but I took it easy today and feel a lot better. I have a presentation on Monday and it's on Canada's Wonderland! I also have an essay due on Wed and it's on two books I haven't read yet :S I'm trying to take what's due step by step, it's pointless for me to get things done ahead of time. I work best under pressure and deadlines and no that's not an excuse V! Speaking of V, he had two white hairs. Completely white. I saw them in his head and yanked them out for us to examine and boy were they white... kinda weird.. for a 23 year old..
The thing is I do need my space. I get very hot and feel dizzy quite easily. I have what my family calls "temperature problems." I also get cold very easily. What can I do, my body just isn't stable. Recently it's begun to get worse, sometimes in class I have to leave to go to the washroom and throw water on my neck and back to cool me down. I don't get sweaty, I just heat up. Sort of like I'm a stove or something set on the highest temp. If I don't cool myself down it gets to the point where things start to go dizzy so if I know what's good for me I best get some air or down I go to the floor. I should probably see a doctor but whatever. I don't need a super amount of space just you know, some breathing room.
My sister came to join me later on and then this other lady came to move like our entire row in the middle of the prayer and I'm just like thinking what is this, some kind of namaaz dance lol. Like why not wait until the pause between prayers? How are you supposed to focus when people are in your face? I think some of these people are more concerned about how "religious" they appear to other people rather than God. Well I moved cause I was too tired to argue but my sister didn't. Afterwards the other lady asked my sister why didn't you move and my sister practically yelled at her "how dare you pull me away from my prayer when I'm talking to God" now that's a good answer, I think I'll use that next time instead of trying to explain. The lady started mumbling under her breath, sounded like she was swearing in arabic, how ramadan-like lol.
I understand the concept of standing shoulder to shoulder but yeesh some of these women need to calm down.
In other news, I was quite sick and my mom didn't wake me up to fast today so I was really mad at her all morning but I took it easy today and feel a lot better. I have a presentation on Monday and it's on Canada's Wonderland! I also have an essay due on Wed and it's on two books I haven't read yet :S I'm trying to take what's due step by step, it's pointless for me to get things done ahead of time. I work best under pressure and deadlines and no that's not an excuse V! Speaking of V, he had two white hairs. Completely white. I saw them in his head and yanked them out for us to examine and boy were they white... kinda weird.. for a 23 year old..
13 Comments:
At 11:00 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Watch Interviews with Dave Winer, Brewster Kahle, and Others
Interviews with Dave Winer, Brewster Kahle, and Many Others If you're looking for some weekend viewing and/or listening and/or reading you might want to check out NerdTV from PBS .
Hey you've got a great blog here, the best I've seen so far, keep up the good job! A few days ago I was surfing the web and came across this cool site on Payday loans online. It features all sorts of interesting information on Payday loans online and makes it super easy to apply online. Now I know that people want fast services I recommend they visit Payday loans online for quick and hassle-free service.
At 11:27 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
OH rats! I was suppose to be the first person to write on this blog and now an advertisment took my place! I hate this! You should use the spam blocker thing instead so I dont have to see how you need viagra or some other enhancment. There seems to be a space problem at your mosque. This always seems to happen with the women, I wonder if it happens with the men too. Usually men have more sense and understand that people need space. As for the swearing, I dont think thats the best place to do it! Lastly I would like to address my two white hair. Yes they were white, completely white, they didnt even feel like hair. I think this is a sign that i'm being stressed out by something or SOMEONE. I wont mention any names. So the next time you feel like yelling/complaining/whining/moaningat me aaliya (hehe), just remember it causes more damage then you think.
At 11:45 p.m.,
'liya said…
You say you won't mention any names and then you mention mine, this is what I get for notifying you about your hair problem. All I'm trying to do is help but if you want the white hair to keep growing, the next time I see one I'll keep it to myself and just laugh at you in my head :D
P.s I have never done any of the following things : "yelling/complaining/whining/moaning" if you think I ever have then you must be imagining it.
At 11:54 p.m.,
Asmaa said…
Aaliya, I sympathize.
Oh my God it's so annoying when the women want to stand right next to you - shoulder to shoulder, way way too close for comfort. Haha my sister came up with a good method of keeping them away: she just spreads her feet really really wide, pretending that she's into the whole "foot-to-foot" thing. Then they can't come any closer.
Try it out next time :P
At 1:08 a.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :D
Yea, I get that a lot too and I don't even leave too much space beside me! I just wish they were more gentle, there is no need to act so rough.
At 8:08 p.m.,
nat said…
For every white hair you pull you get 2 more! I didn't know that until my dad told me and my friend sarah said THREE MORE. I started freaking out, and to my utter horror there they were... 2 more in the place i had yanked out my ONE white hair. WHITE HAIR. what a mortifying expericence. Thank god im not going bald!
At 10:27 p.m.,
Nauman said…
Aaliya seems stressed out in general...
Regarding that mosque (Coopers Mosque), there's a general lack of space there, especially in the women's area. They've developed plans to expand the mosque and have submitted a proposal to the City of Mississauga though we'll see what comes of it. A lack of funds for expansion is also a factor. Maybe it would help if Aaliya donated her money for expansion of the mosque instead of spending so lavishly on clothes, hehe. ;)
It's true that when you yank out one white hair, two come back in its place. Then again, what do I know, I lost all my hair anyways. Beards don't tend to grow white hairs which is good though.
At 11:03 p.m.,
'liya said…
Asmaa I've tried that and it doesn't work for me cause I can't stand that way for long. Just can't balance lol
Nuffy you had a white hair :O You know what though V's first one was one day then he had the second one the next day.. I think you're right .. since you say two more I'll have to check for the third hehe
and Nomi
#1 how do you get that I'm so stressed out in general? I'm not. Well maybe I am but you can't see that in my writing can you?
#2 I don't spend lavishly on clothes! I haven't bought anything since school started!! I shouldn't always have to defend myself against you about this! Just so you know I save money really well!!!!
At 12:14 a.m.,
FU said…
i didnt know you ladies were so rough back there! must be lots of pent up aggression. i dont think i've ever been manhandled into the whole "shoulder to shoulder, toe to toe" thing. sometimes when I look down and try to do the toe to toe thing, i see someones nasty gnarly feet.
maybe you should wear football gear to masjid. just a thought.
At 4:05 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
hehe Fu that's why people should always wear socks so you don't have to see someone else's dirty feet which shouldn't even be so yucky in the first place since it is a mosque but even just in general :S
thank you kidinme for the comment :)
At 8:23 p.m.,
sara said…
Two grow back? I dont think so, that's an old wives tale. I asked my bio teacher about it in grade 11.
At 10:08 p.m.,
'liya said…
You're right, 2 don't grow back... 10 do!!!!! Omg it's like Where's Waldo or those I spy games.. it's so much fun looking for them and I can't believe how many grow back it was crazy!
I have great eyesight in matters like these :D
At 7:33 p.m.,
'liya said…
Thanks Al, I went to that site but the post is so long! I skimmed a bit of it though.. seems interesting but it doesn't really cover what concerns me.
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home