To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Frosting on..

Meadowvale ah Meadowvale. I taught my first class today - grade 9 art. The kids were angels. They didn't say a word. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was too quiet.. I actually felt scared.

INTERESTING FACT - I've observed that most teachers carry a toothbrush with them and brush their teeth after lunch.

INTERESTING FACT(S) - Ever since I started teaching this year one student has asked me if I'm in grade 8, nine have asked if I'm in grade 9, the whole grade 10 class debated about whether I was in grade 10, four have asked if I'm in 11, 1 has asked if I'm in grade 12, and finally one has asked if I'm an undercover cop. I keep a tally on the back of my binder.

*

I'm still feeling disappointed from yesterday. For my presentations class I was going to do a demonstration on decorating cupcakes and I had everything planned out and perfect. Then my presentation got cut off because I went over the time limit. I was feeling so good, like it was an A+ presentation through the whole first part but as soon as I got cut off I knew it would be a B. I hate B's. I still gave out the cupcakes at the end of class including one to the prof and I have to admit they did taste pretty good. I decorate well! But that didn't change anything... I was so upset I ate the whole tube of frosting on the bus. I couldn't stop! It was like it was calling me. It gave me a momentary satisfaction and then I felt very sick when I got home. Very very sick indeed.

Tomorrow I'll be fasting.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:47 p.m., Blogger FU said…

    wow anonymous - you are absolutlely amazingly correct and fascinating.. infrastructure is crazy cool.

    hahah... aww.. ur just a lil kid :P

    i got birthday cake at work today (we get it the first friday of everymonth) but i had to save my piece till iftar...

     
  • At 6:46 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For some reason the word "infrastructure" makes me think of art. Other than that I'm not really sure what it means. It has something to do with foundation? But then foundation is a word I used in my presentation to describe the cupcake! But why am I talking about food now! I just began fasting less than an hour ago. It sure seems like a long time to go till iftar..

    Why am I on the computer at 6:30 a.m should be the question.

     
  • At 10:37 a.m., Blogger nosthegametoo said…

    Kids are absolutely hilarious... aren't they?

     
  • At 1:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I told you not to eat the whole tube! I told you exactly what would happen, that you would enjoy it during those seconds and regret it afterwards! Don't worry you wont get a B you will either get an A or a B+

     
  • At 1:55 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Kids are always hilarious. Funny to look at and funny to listen to. I love it! LOL

    Agent, if I don't get my desired mark I'll take it out on you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home