To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

NICE people

It's nice to be nice.

I had a hard time fasting today which was odd because I've never had a problem before. I had a bad headache in the morning and then all throughout the day I was just really really really thirsty. I think I might be getting sick...I considered breaking my fast at many times but then I kept thinking well how do people without water survive.. like I just have a few more hours.. I can do it... and.. .I. ..did.

Anyways, I really like nice people like:

* My Advanced Shakespeare prof who did a magic trick for us before beginning class lol. What a great way to start a lecture, not only does it wake everyone up but it makes everyone happy. This is a guy my Romantics prof can definitely learn something from.

* The GO bus driver who will not be there anymore Thursdays at 8:00 for the Hamilton route.. I'll miss him and his announcements and his sweet way of saying "thank you" in 10 different languages. I hope the new person replacing him gives the same 15 min announcements as though we're flying an airplane to another country.

* The lady at Falafel Hut Village who knows and remembers my name and said it has a "special meaning." It makes me feel happy the way she remembers me even though I use a coupon each time cause I'm cheap (I went through all the papers I could ripping them out).

_________________________________

In other news check out Sara's fantastic interview ..with.. herself lol just kidding.. seriously though she's going to be looking for the stylin people in Mississauga so if you're one of them.. then I don't know, make yourself noticeable or something! Well she found one already, hehe Fu! BTW the boots she's wearing, she bought with ME.

http://www.sauga.ca/fashion_style/2005/10/community_catwalk/#more

11 Comments:

  • At 11:16 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    And I forgot to add Sara's column will be updated weekly!

    Sara I think you should interview V!

     
  • At 11:16 p.m., Blogger Videos by Professor Howdy said…

    We work like a horse.
    We eat like a pig.
    We like to play chicken.
    You can get someone's goat.
    We can be as slippery as a snake.
    We get dog tired.
    We can be as quiet as a mouse.
    We can be as quick as a cat.
    Some of us are as strong as an ox.
    People try to buffalo others.
    Some are as ugly as a toad.
    We can be as gentle as a lamb.
    Sometimes we are as happy as a lark.
    Some of us drink like a fish.
    We can be as proud as a peacock.
    A few of us are as hairy as a gorilla.
    You can get a frog in your throat.
    We can be a lone wolf.
    But I'm having a whale of a time!

    You have a riveting web log
    and undoubtedly must have
    atypical & quiescent potential
    for your intended readership.
    May I suggest that you do
    everything in your power to
    honor your encyclopedic/omniscient
    Designer/Architect as well
    as your revering audience.
    As soon as we acknowledge
    this Supreme Designer/Architect,
    Who has erected the beauteous
    fabric of the universe, our minds
    must necessarily be ravished with
    wonder at this infinate goodness,
    wisdom and power.

    Please remember to never
    restrict anyone's opportunities
    for ascertaining uninterrupted
    existence for their quintessence.

    There is a time for everything,
    a season for every activity
    under heaven. A time to be
    born and a time to die. A
    time to plant and a time to
    harvest. A time to kill and
    a time to heal. A time to
    tear down and a time to
    rebuild. A time to cry and
    a time to laugh. A time to
    grieve and a time to dance.
    A time to scatter stones
    and a time to gather stones.
    A time to embrace and a
    time to turn away. A time to
    search and a time to lose.
    A time to keep and a time to
    throw away. A time to tear
    and a time to mend. A time
    to be quiet and a time to
    speak up. A time to love
    and a time to hate. A time
    for war and a time for peace.

    Best wishes for continued ascendancy,
    Dr. Howdy


    P.S. One thing of which I am sure is
    that the common culture of my youth
    is gone for good. It was hollowed out
    by the rise of ethnic "identity politics,"
    then splintered beyond hope of repair
    by the emergence of the web-based
    technologies that so maximized and
    facilitated cultural choice as to make
    the broad-based offerings of the old
    mass media look bland and unchallenging
    by comparison."

     
  • At 7:50 a.m., Blogger FU said…

    what is that last person going on about?

    i'm confused...

    yes nice ppl are the best.. i like being nice.. tho i have been told that i am too nice.. but i try to be an ass then ppl get mad.

    *sigh*

    i'm stylin ;)

     
  • At 1:28 p.m., Blogger nosthegametoo said…

    My best friend always gets cranky as Ramadan does on. He can be an ass in the last few days.

    As far as "nice" goes. It doesn't mean a whole lot to me. To me, it's just a pleasant attribute, like nice shoes. Doesn't tell me much about a person. I've known too many well-mannered and "nice" people who turned out to horrible. But they were as "nice" as they come.

     
  • At 7:45 p.m., Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :D

    Yes, it's nice being around nice people! Though I'm sure I didn't give off that vibe today, ugh it was horrible. Anyways, don't you just love cool GO bus drivers? I remember we had brit driver for a while haha it was so great, I would keep telling him that I liked his accent and he'd always say that I was embarrasing him teehehe

    Hope the rest of your fasts go well, can't believe Ramadan will be over soon!

     
  • At 7:50 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Yeah I'm not so sure I understand what that comment was about and I don't even think I have time to read it all .. lol

    Of course I don't really know these people I called "nice" I think I just mean nice as in not rude because everyone else around has some sort of attitude problem.. so their niceness shows up extra well in comparison to others.

    BTW I must add my friend Elvira to my list of nice people cause she gave me a package of like 20 pages worth of possible interview questions for teachers with possible answers and I'm feeling a little safer now. It was really nice of her to offer,even mention it to me and photocopy the whole thing since these things aren't made available to everyone and she got it through her teacher's friend. Now she's what I call a nice person. Just overall nice.

    I can't believe Ramadan is almost over too. It always seems to go by too fast.

     
  • At 7:55 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    The moodiness is part of the test, we're supposed to control ourselves and not be moody! I'm finding the last couple really hard too. My tummy is ready for Ramadaan to end, but it really did go by too fast, I didnt get ANY ibadat done!!! I'm going to really have to cram all the praying in in the next two weeks! Btw, thanks for the free press doll! ;) And yes, I bought the boots because 'liya's stylishness rubbed off on me while we were shopping!

     
  • At 8:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:59 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Sorry V, I know you're upset that I removed your comment but I'm sure you can see after I explained to you why it wasn't appropriate. BTW I want my flashlight back. Thanks!

    :D

     
  • At 8:38 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    Did vicky write a bad reply to my comment? Tsk tsk, bad vicky icky! *slap on the wrist*

     
  • At 4:39 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    lol no actually he wrote something that was mean about me.. but we discussed it and after an hour of debating he finally saw that i was right :D

    i'm always right :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home