Stinky Times
We are living in stinky times. Truth is I have a very sensitive nose. But that also comes with my pickiness. I hate overpowering smells and I hate no scent at all and yesterday I had a positively icky experience. Two students (who shall remain nameless because I believe in anonymity to protect their identities and also because I have no clue what their names were)were stinking up the class yesterday. It was that bad that it made me review my intentions of becoming a teacher...This is NOT a joke.
I don't care if you're new to the country or have lived here all your life, please spread the following to family and friends, co-workers or random high school students you might know. I for one would be greatly indebted to you!
There's 2 main things to remember when it comes to avoiding a stink:
1)soap -- it's cheap, it comes it different brands, colours, scents and can even cost up to $10.00 if you want the expensive variety shop at my daddys store -- but one thing - USE IT
2) water-- it's there to wash yourself with. Bath, Shower, drink, please, just use it. Make sure it covers every inch of your body at least once a day.
Other:
- shampoo/conditioner (to clean your hair)
- deodorant (please use organic types or you might get cancer)
- perfume/cologne (but don't go overboard)
The bottom line: BE CLEAN (or I won't want to teach you).
I don't care if you're new to the country or have lived here all your life, please spread the following to family and friends, co-workers or random high school students you might know. I for one would be greatly indebted to you!
There's 2 main things to remember when it comes to avoiding a stink:
1)soap -- it's cheap, it comes it different brands, colours, scents and can even cost up to $10.00 if you want the expensive variety shop at my daddys store -- but one thing - USE IT
2) water-- it's there to wash yourself with. Bath, Shower, drink, please, just use it. Make sure it covers every inch of your body at least once a day.
Other:
- shampoo/conditioner (to clean your hair)
- deodorant (please use organic types or you might get cancer)
- perfume/cologne (but don't go overboard)
The bottom line: BE CLEAN (or I won't want to teach you).
10 Comments:
At 8:08 p.m.,
No_the_game said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At 8:08 p.m.,
No_the_game said…
Hey Liya,
I can relate to you. I have sensitive nose and it makes my life hard sometimes.
Thanks for visiting both blogs. Blog about dating has to contributers: NO_The_Game(female) and NOSTHEGAMETOO(Male)
Thanks for checking
At 1:13 a.m.,
FU said…
liya piya bo biya an nana fo fiya, me mi mo meeeeyaaaaaa....
oh yeah.... i've had my share of stinky curry moments...let me tell u.. my mom always decides to fry onions and garlic and ginger and some hardcore spices RIGHT before i'm about to leave the house...
i've had some BAD stories.. once i smelt like curry (real bad) in class and i felt very concious. i left class and douzed myself in cologne and i smelt even worse. when i came back and sat down i heard a girl behind me whipse "he smelt bad before, but this is even WORSE!"
i was mortified... i had become a smelly paki.
just keep febreeze in the class room when u become a teacher!
At 2:03 a.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :D
haha you're so funny! That must have been such a horrible experience! Isn't it wonderful that cleanliness is a part of our imaan as Muslims?
May these people see the light! haha
At 1:49 p.m.,
'liya said…
"he smelt bad before, but this is even WORSE!" LOL
My mom always seems to cook right before I leave the house too. Maybe she just wants people to stay away from me.. she opens the windows and everything but that doesn't change anything we just get cold lol.
But what I'm talking about here isn't really a food smell.. it's like a really bad bad bad body odour that's really just so bad. I think you have to be there to smell it just to know how bad it was but Squeeky the sad thing was.. they WERE muslim..
It seems like a lot of people have a sensitive nose actually. I had a teacher in high school who would pick on you if you wore too much perfume but now I think he had the right idea as much as I hated him..
At 2:49 p.m.,
fella said…
thats really funny
At 3:04 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
The best thing to do to make sure your clothes dont smell like that is to put the stuff in your closet. My door is near the kitchen so hanging your jacket near there is not a good idea. As for your two friends in your class, maybe they dont change there clothes, because their is no way that you could stink that bad first thing in the morning.
At 6:35 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
They weren't my friends!!! They were my STUDENTS! If they were my friends I would have said go shower!
But then I'm also wondering about what it could possibly be, I mean nobody can sweat that much in the morning right? Plus because they were fasting I'm assuming they washed before praying and all.. hopefully..
"Sigh" what can I do? It's not even my own class..
In other news I just took a shower :D
At 10:24 p.m.,
sara said…
This is why I shower in the morning! Also, this why we don't fry ANYTHING in our house!
At 10:45 p.m.,
'liya said…
My mom doesn't fry anything either, but I'm not talking about a food smell I mean a bodyyy smell. Like ew shower time you know?
I think these two could definitely benefit from early morning showers lol
Post a Comment
<< Home