To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Potter Mania!!

HARRYYYYYYY POTTTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - well for me I'll have to wait to see till mid-December "sigh." My whole family went to see Harry Potter for my cousin's 11th birthday yesterday.. WITHOUT ME... and now they won't stop talking about it! We saw all the previous ones together as a family so I'm a little annoyed that I had to be excluded. My mom said I couldn't go cause she wanted me to get my work done. How annoying.. I shouldn't have made such a big deal about how much work I have cause she took it way too seriously. Not only did I miss the movie but I also missed my cousin's birthday cake.

I love Harry Potter and I'm not ashamed. If you're a child and don't like Harry Potter, then sorry but in my opinion you're not human. If you're an adult and you haven't seen the movies/read the books then I encourage you to do so cause they're great! My parents like the movies though my dad will never admit it. My mom even read some of the book! I think the books they're amazinggggg and I love the movies too though I must admit they can sometimes be a little scary..

Anyways, Hermoine is the best and guess what - I'm Hermoine! Yay! Hehe .. I like her, I think she's kind of pretty (though from the books you wouldn't think it) and I like how she's really smart - guess she has the right combination of looks and brains. Or too much brains? Lol. Which Harry Potter Kid are you?

P.S Don't you think they look kind of like Sailor Moon characters in this quiz?
P.P.S My siblings hated the movie they said it didn't follow the book at all - but should it have to? I don't think so.. Has anyone else seen it?

9 Comments:

  • At 6:40 p.m., Blogger nat said…

    Hey 'liya, happy belated birthday. I wanted to write you an email but I had no time!
    I havent seen the new HP movie but I hear good things about it... well I over heard some 20 year old guy talk about it on the bus to his what I assumed to be girlfriend on the phone. I've followed all the movies up until now so I might as well see the last one. I'm starting to really get into stuff like that... star wars and lord of the rings too. I always ask Jeff what certain things mean or who's who because he knows this stuff better than I do. I was sad when Ankian lost his legs and arm.. I was sad he turned evil. :( No ankian noooooooo!

     
  • At 8:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sighhhhhhhh Nur dont be a nerd!I havnt even seen Lord of the Rings or harry potter and i'm a boy! One of my friends likes harry potter too. I dont know what the attraction is? Like what is so good about it? If you ask me to read it your wasting your finger power to push the keys cuz I dont think I'll ever see it, even if Liya tries to force me!

     
  • At 8:37 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Thanks Nuffy!

    I don't know about Star Wars - personally I find them a little boring but I only watched a tiny portion of one of the movies.. my parents and the rest of my family loves Star Wars. LOTR actually seems nice - kinda more like HP but I only saw the first one and was turned off by how long it was so I haven't watched the other.

    Agent *sigh* Agent ... these movies especially HARRY POTTER IS FOR BOYS TOO !!!!! The attraction is the imagination. You lose yourself in a fantasy world that isn't real. You just have NO imagination! You're problem is you didn't even give HP a chance! I'm going to make you watch one of those movies because trust me you'll like it. And if you don't like it, like I said, you're not human!

     
  • At 12:51 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    I too, am late on the HP bandwagon. I haven't seen the movies or read the books, and have no idea what people are talking about when they talk about Harry Potter stuff. I do plan to read the books as soon as I get a chance. There's just so many books I want to read, how will I get to them all?!! LOTR is AMAZING, I've seen all three. Only a South African could be smart enough to write such a brilliant story, so Vicky maybe you shouldn't try this one ;). And Star Wars is good too, I remember watching the trilogy as a kid, but I haven't seen all the new ones yet, I have to remember to download them!

     
  • At 3:03 p.m., Blogger Becky L said…

    harry potter! harry potter! harry potter! harry potter! harry potter! harry potter! harry potter! harry potter! harry potter! harry potter! harry potter! harry potter!

    i havent seen the movie yet, but i REALLY want to.

    I LOVE HARRY POTTER!

     
  • At 5:35 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Clairissa, eventually...eventually you'll come to see the light and realize what you've been missing hehe.

    Sara, how many times have I told you to read them???!!!! Well I think it was you who I told.. Anyways since I have all the books (well my sister does) you can borrow them from me.. or you can just use your Chapters borrowing system!

    Becky, you and I think alike! Yay for Harry Potter!!!

     
  • At 5:36 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    BTW V did the quiz and got Hermoine too! I guess he has a feminine side we never knew existed :D

     
  • At 10:20 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    I always knew about V's feminine side from his preference of being called "kitty" or "vicky" and the fact that he keeps reminding us he's a boy (ie. "im a boy so I can [fill in whatever behavior he wants to justify here]". :P

    I will borrow the Potter's and read them. Altho its kind of gross that I can borrow a book, take it to a coffee shop, get cookie crumbs on it while I read, and than take it back to work where someone will buy it.

     
  • At 11:18 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    LOL I wonder what V will say.. probably "I hate your friends!" He always says this but I don't think he means it :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home