To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Watch what you sniff!

Well I don't know why Gagan must always email me stuff that scares me to death but here it is. Is this stuff true? I wonder... it DOES mention Brampton, and who'd waste their time making something like this up right? I guess I got to look around before I get out of my car at Shopper's World now..not that anyone really wants to get out of their car at Shopper's World lol .. okay no I take that back. Please everyone go to Shopper's World and shop at my dad's store! "Sigh" ..and to think you know a place.. well it happened at Yorkdale!

The email I received: READ:
Subject: Warning to All Girls, Women, anyone!!! Please Read!!! FYI girls... this is the second time I've heard of this happening. Once to a customer in Yorkdale shopping centre and now to my neighbour.

This is something that happened to us on the way back from vacation last spring. I didn't think much of it until now. The reason we were a little suspicious is we had been riding in a jeep all day with 100 degreestemps and we stopped at a truck stop for something to drink. When I was leaving, a young girl followed me out and asked what kind of cologne I was wearing. Well, after 7 hours in the car sweating, I don't think you could tell I was or was not wearing any cologne. We just got in the jeep and said no thanks. Then it was about 3 weeks ago, I was at a service station in Brampton getting gas. It was about 9:30 pm. I was approached by 2 men and 2 women in a car. The man that was driving asked me 'What kind of perfume do you wear?' I was a bit confused and I asked him 'Why?' He said, 'We are selling some name brand perfumes, at cheap prices.' I said I had no money. He then reached out of the car andhanded me paper that was laminated; it had perfume on it. I looked quickly at it and gave it back. I said, I have no money. He said it is OK, we take check, cash,or credit cards. Then the people in the car began to laugh. I just got in my car and said no thanks. Then I received this e-mail yesterday and it sent chills up my spine. Please read this. It is no joke. Here is the e-mail I was sent. xx Mich. Dear Friends: I know not all of you are women that I am sending this to,but am hoping you will share this with your wives, daughters, mothers, sisters, etc. Our world seems to be getting crazier by the day. Pipe bombs in mailboxes and sickos in parking lots with perfume. Be careful. I was approached yesterday afternoon around 5:30 PM in the Walmart parking lot by two males asking what kind of perfume I was wearing.Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate. I probably would have agreed had I not received an e-mail warning of a "Wanna smell this neat perfume?" scam. The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait forsomeone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going towards them, pointing at them and told her about how I was sent an e-mail at work about someone walking up to you at the malls or in parking lots and asking you to SNIFF PERFUME that they are selling at a cheap price. THIS ISNOT PERFUME...IT IS ETHER! When you sniff it, you'll pass out.They'll take your wallet, your valuables and heaven knows what else. If it were not for this e-mail, I probably would have sniffed the 'perfume' but thanks to the generosity of an e-mailing friend, I was spared whatever might have happened to me. I wanted to do the same for you.

THE END

So is this real or not?

Knowing me I'd be like oh is that a free sample thanks *eagerly takes one to smell* Then down I go and they'd take off with my falling apart wallet filled with unnessary cards like my Grande and Toy discount card, my ripped student card and a couple of falafal coupons.

P.S I'm very tired and that's why you're seeing more of others people's stories than my own :D
P.P.S One big essay down, couple more to go.. I'm going to be on the computer all weekend typing another one.. and then another .. and then another.. and for some reason I don't even feel stressed out. I feel well natural. This can't be good :S

7 Comments:

  • At 11:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pillyyyyy U shouldnt be smelling anything!!! Next time we are in yorkdale we are not getting n e more samples!! What will happen if i'm not there and you drop to the floor! We could loose are precious falfle cupons!! sighhhhhhh some ppl are so selfish.

    oh yeah you might be hurt too.

    =D

     
  • At 1:40 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    Um, vick its "our" not "are". Also, I get that email like every month for the last four years, except it usually says places in South Africa not Yorkdale. So I guess people just change the mall names when they forward it. You can decide for yourself whether its true or not.

     
  • At 1:28 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Humph no more coupons for agent, he can pay full price!!!

    Sara I've gotten them for other places too but since it said Brampton I thought oh no now it's here too.. so I don't know .. I really don't know.. p.s can you email me s's cell number cause I lost the paper I wrote it on and haven't called yet .. I feel so bad :(

     
  • At 10:51 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    Lol. 'Liya you probably also believe the emails you get about the little girl in Windsor who's going to lose her right intestine if you don't donate money.

     
  • At 12:16 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    :S


    ...no...maybe..

     
  • At 1:51 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    Aaliya's money goes towards buying clothes or paying for this supposed kid's new intestine. :)

     
  • At 2:55 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    I don't understand why you always say I buy clothes! I haven't bought ANYTHING for so long!!!! Even the jacket I plan to buy I haven't got yet!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home