The 12 Days at Yorkdale
Dress made out of Yorkdale gift shopping bags: Cute eh?

In a singing mood? No? Oh well! Here's one for the shopper in you, and no I did not make this up :D
On the twelfth day at Yorkdale my true love bought for me ...
12 Toys-a-twinkling ..
11 Luscious chocolates ..
10 Tailored treats ..
9 Knits-a-warming ..
8 Elegant accents ..
7 Sporty surprises ..
6 Shoes-a-sexy .....
5 Silver rings ..
4 Faux furs ..
3 Thrilling toys ..
2 Timely pieces .........
and a perfect party dress for New Years Eve! ..
All I can say is if ANYONE bought me 6 shoes-a-sexy they'd definitely be my true love hehe. These 12 additions to the song (12 Days of Christmas - if you don't get it ), were interpreted as decorations made up on super large mannequins -more like works of art, located throughout Yorkdale. These things were big big big -- you can't tell from the pictures but it really was beautiful.
Obviously the best pic was taken by V who has more talent than I. Always has to outdo me! Here is perfect party dress #1, quite lovely don't you think?

Some of the better ones:
Shoes-a-sexy! -- my personal favourite. Those rectangular things are all showboxes stacked up!

The Elegant Accents was also really pretty made up of gorgeous fabrics and pillows. However, this one competes with my dad's store so yeah don't by any of your elegant accents from Yorkdale!

The red thingys hanging down this one are actually children's mittens/gloves. I forgot which this one was though, Sporty Surprises maybe?

This pic turned out horrible but I had to show it cause the skirt is made out of a hockey net! How Canadian lol. This one makes more sense as Sporty Surprises now that I think of it too :D

Overall, had a great time yesterday. Even though I didn't buy anything it was fun walking around. Thanks V! Also saw Narnia and loved it. It brought back some memories of reading the book long long ago during a time when I dreamt of having a magical wardrobe and friendly lion pet.. who am I kidding, I still want those things :D

In a singing mood? No? Oh well! Here's one for the shopper in you, and no I did not make this up :D
On the twelfth day at Yorkdale my true love bought for me ...
12 Toys-a-twinkling ..
11 Luscious chocolates ..
10 Tailored treats ..
9 Knits-a-warming ..
8 Elegant accents ..
7 Sporty surprises ..
6 Shoes-a-sexy .....
5 Silver rings ..
4 Faux furs ..
3 Thrilling toys ..
2 Timely pieces .........
and a perfect party dress for New Years Eve! ..
All I can say is if ANYONE bought me 6 shoes-a-sexy they'd definitely be my true love hehe. These 12 additions to the song (12 Days of Christmas - if you don't get it ), were interpreted as decorations made up on super large mannequins -more like works of art, located throughout Yorkdale. These things were big big big -- you can't tell from the pictures but it really was beautiful.
Obviously the best pic was taken by V who has more talent than I. Always has to outdo me! Here is perfect party dress #1, quite lovely don't you think?

Some of the better ones:
Shoes-a-sexy! -- my personal favourite. Those rectangular things are all showboxes stacked up!

The Elegant Accents was also really pretty made up of gorgeous fabrics and pillows. However, this one competes with my dad's store so yeah don't by any of your elegant accents from Yorkdale!

The red thingys hanging down this one are actually children's mittens/gloves. I forgot which this one was though, Sporty Surprises maybe?

This pic turned out horrible but I had to show it cause the skirt is made out of a hockey net! How Canadian lol. This one makes more sense as Sporty Surprises now that I think of it too :D

Overall, had a great time yesterday. Even though I didn't buy anything it was fun walking around. Thanks V! Also saw Narnia and loved it. It brought back some memories of reading the book long long ago during a time when I dreamt of having a magical wardrobe and friendly lion pet.. who am I kidding, I still want those things :D
14 Comments:
At 10:06 p.m.,
Modest Hijabi said…
Good stuff.
Anyways, sorry to be off topic but I just read your earlier post where you were speaking of online courses. I'm taking 4 of them, and I'm thinking of taking another one, and theyre working out very well for me.
hmm.
At 12:58 p.m.,
'liya said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At 12:58 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
They're working out for you but not me! Well do yours have deadlines and stuff? Cause mine is really open and I can hand things in whenever, which isn't good for me because I only work well under pressure.. lots of pressure. But I'm happy they're working out for you!
At 1:18 p.m.,
Nabeel said…
haha .. this is very cool. What a great use of Shopping Bags .. now were they recycled shopping bags?
At 1:55 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Aaliya is such a rebble, she waa told not to take pictures in the mall and she did it anyways! Hmmmmmm I wonder if this is any indication of how she will be in the future!
At 2:47 p.m.,
'liya said…
Nabeel I hope they were recycled!
Agent that security guard didn't know what she was talking about. The others ones I spoke to afterwards were so nice they were like yeah take pictures just pretend to be a tourist :D And you didn't help by saying that if I WERE to get caught then they'd take my camera away and it would be my fault!
At 6:00 p.m.,
FU said…
wow.. that was a very gay post.
gay meaning happy.
hahahahah
i thought the first dress was actually a pile of garbage.. sorry!
At 7:17 p.m.,
'liya said…
Ahy, maybe they thought I was taking pictures of stuff to compare prices? I know stores don't allow that. But I wasn't even inside a store. Who knows! Either way I got away with it by pretending to be a tourist which I really was cause I don't live in North York :D
Haha Fu I was actually in a very happy mood that day :D And now that song is stuck in my head. Well not this version, the real version, but I only know up to #5 so I'm just making up the rest in my head!
At 8:03 p.m.,
nat said…
Hey 'liya, did you know those very same pictures are on the yorkdale website :D Im sure you could have copied and paste them on to your blog.. just a thought. I was more concerned about the shopping spree you could win if you found the yorkdale y, so i went to the website already and so hopefully now i win a 500 dollar shopping spree... pray for me. Nauman, you said in your reply "follow the same reservation procedure that all other customers are doing"... WHICH procedures are those? how do i make reservations? who do i speak to? can i do it online?
At 12:00 a.m.,
Abigail S. said…
Good times! I loved that Perfect Party Dress! I want one!
At 1:52 p.m.,
Becky L said…
six shoes-a-sexy... yes, i'd be in love with whoever would give me that.
sigh... i love shoes.
my husband made fun of me, saying i had over 20 pairs of shoes. i said: "no i dont!"
he counted. ... 21.
[though, he included flip-flops and my froggy-slippers. Those shouldnt count.]
At 3:19 p.m.,
Beth Danae said…
yes, very interesting dresses :)
At 4:13 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Nuffy, I didn't know the pictures were on the website!!! But I just checked and you're right !!!!!!! "Sigh" Oh well it was an adventure getting them lol. And of course I entered the contest too :D
Note to Nauman: please get back to Nuffy!
Abigail, personally I thought the perfect-party-dress was the best one too!
and Becky, I love shoes too- too much!
The fantabulous b: I like the word "fantabulous" :D
At 1:22 a.m.,
Nauman said…
Nuffy: They were using a reservation procedure but it seems like they got rid of it and are now using a first-come-first-serve method. However, people are lining up the night before at 11pm to get the few Xbox 360's we get. The store opens at 9am these days so these people are apparently waiting in the cold all night for a ridiculous 10 hours.
Sorry about the late reply. Haven't been around much lately.
Post a Comment
<< Home