To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Xbox + EQAO

The CRAZY things they come up with that they expect us teachers to follow. Though... it might not be a bad idea.

All I can say is that if this is literacy in Ontario, then my brother is way ahead of the game :D

P.S As you can see I'm discovering things about my blog now that I have some time hehe.. ways to link things, easier ways to put up pics .. yeah. So anyone want to tell me how to put up links to ppl's blogs that I like on the side? Or how do I get one of those chatbox things? Or how do I put a picture in my title? Or how do I play music? Word of the day? Ayah of the day? Counters? Some things are still too complicated for me. Maybe I'll just discover these things on my own.

P.P.S Did anyone ever notice that no matter who's blog you mispell it takes you to Mega Bible Studies? Maybe it's just me..

Well that's all for now .. time to um take a nap :D

14 Comments:

  • At 2:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Checking if the time works..

     
  • At 2:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes!!

     
  • At 5:58 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Actually Ahy that isn't an ad! I put it there (after lots of figuring out how to). If you wait a few seconds while looking at it, it changes and it will match your white band that you have - unless you don't have one (mine was stolen by someone who knows exactly who they are and I'm waiting for its return).

    It also makes sense to click on it and follow through where it goes to see what it's really about :D

     
  • At 6:36 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    I will teach you how to put music and the side bar stuff.

     
  • At 8:17 p.m., Blogger Nabeel said…

    you have to login to your dashboard and go to the settings - template tab.

    Scroll all the way down .. and you will see a commented out sentence that will read something like, here you can add a paragraph. Remove the comment tab and add links etc. over there.

    By the way, i will not attempt this if you don't know some HTML. Do backup your blog in case things go wrong. I once posted about a blog backup utility on my blog, checkout the archives in case you're interested.

    This is the link you add (if you do find the place to add it)

    Nabeel's Cosmos

    is the link tag
    "the website will come uinder the quotation marks"
    title of the blog comes outside the quotations and then close your link tag by


    hope this helps

     
  • At 8:19 p.m., Blogger Nabeel said…

    ohh dangitt .. see i typed in the html tags and the browser took it .. so let me type it again ..

    [a href = http://nabeelzeeshab.blogspot.com"] Nabeel's Cosmos [/a]"

    now remove the [] with <> .. yup ..

    [a] is the link tag
    "the website will come uinder the quotation marks"
    title of the blog comes outside the quotations and then close your link tag by [/a]

     
  • At 11:28 p.m., Blogger nat said…

    OKAY I saw the title of your blog and started to get jumpy, I AM INEED of an xbox 360 which is sold out everywhere!!!!!!! They are NOT doing a good job of supplying the demanding consumers, and its making me MAD because I really want to buy my bf one for his birthday (in January)... SO I'm hoping that after all this christmas rush that maybe in January i'll be able to find one.. i feel like crying, because it would have been the best gift ever! Anyone work at future shop? or best buy? think u can hide one for me? :D I'LL GIVE YOU $100 TO DO IT!

     
  • At 11:18 a.m., Blogger Abigail S. said…

    I read that article about Xbox...
    The only thing I could see as it fitting in educationally is if it were some sort of elective. Maybe once or twice a week, you have it as a "class." But to integrate it into every class?... Education is about learning, not entertaining.

     
  • At 3:46 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Sara I decided I won't put music cause little baby here is crying it will take too long to open, you must know who I'm referring to :D
    But I do want to put other stuff on the side, maybe you can lead me through it step by step :)

    Nabeel I checked your blog about the backing up thing but found myself more confused. You do however have some interesting stuff. Thanks for attempting to teach me, as soon as I'm done this comment I'm going to try to follow your instructions :D

    Nuffy, I'm sure he would love that gift! But, I really don't know how to help you, unless you ask Nauman, hmm maybe he'll stop by my blog soon and see your question cause he works at um Best Buy.. or um Future Shop.. Nauman I can't remember which sorry! But I know it's one of them. Anyway he might be of some help (or know if any are hidden away)!

     
  • At 4:09 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    Ok, but you have to teach me how to put that banner.

     
  • At 4:31 p.m., Blogger Nabeel said…

    looks like what? I mean .. what's CNE?

     
  • At 3:21 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    Unfortunately, I can't do anything about getting an XBox 360 for anyone. Staff members at Best Buy and Future Shop aren't allowed to purchase any XBox's unless they follow the same reservation procedure that all other customers are doing. Thus, I'm useless in this endeavour. I don't even know when the next XBox shipment is in. Sorry.

     
  • At 8:10 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Abigail, I agree with you!

    Nabeel I assumed you lived in Toronto but I guess not :S

    Ahy, that's good to hear :)and Sara now that I sort of showed you, you can make your own even nicer one and then maybe even show me how to do that? lol. and you never told me your schedule yet!

    Nauman, I hope you didn't squint while typing that. I mean squinch :D

     
  • At 12:10 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Inshallah

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home