Argh!
Nope, this post is not dedicated to "Argh!" It's dedicated to Nauman who drove me home today! Thanks Nauman. "Argh" is actually the sound I yelped out when my sister informed me on the phone that the artist lecture I went to Ryerson for is actually supposed to take place tomorrow. This is what happens when you involve yourself in the arts. They drive you crazy I tell you. Them "artsy" people are nuts. And once you become an "artist" you become a nut too. So welcome to my life! How can I possibly be mad if I'm practically one of THEM. I can't be normal no matter how hard I try. No matter how hard I clutch that stupid TTC ticket in my hand it still somehow ends up lost on the ground and only when someone with more left brain than right attempts to guide me do I find it :D
If you don't understand what I'm going on about, I was supposed to go to Ryerson for an artist lecture that would help me with an exhibition review (essay) that I have to write about this artist. The artist is Fiona Tan. The site says her work is installation art so already I know I'm going to hate it. Anyways, my professor gave out the wrong day for the lecture so basically I went downtown for nothing. By myself. I thought I could handle being by myself but I couldn't. I almost had a million different heart attacks which made no sense since I worked downtown last year but whatever. The world is very different at night. You never know who might be sitting beside you on the subway. On the GO bus you never have these concerns!
But back to Nauman. He's a good guy. He has a habit of changing his email address too often, like 50 times a year, but he's still a good guy :D
If you don't understand what I'm going on about, I was supposed to go to Ryerson for an artist lecture that would help me with an exhibition review (essay) that I have to write about this artist. The artist is Fiona Tan. The site says her work is installation art so already I know I'm going to hate it. Anyways, my professor gave out the wrong day for the lecture so basically I went downtown for nothing. By myself. I thought I could handle being by myself but I couldn't. I almost had a million different heart attacks which made no sense since I worked downtown last year but whatever. The world is very different at night. You never know who might be sitting beside you on the subway. On the GO bus you never have these concerns!
But back to Nauman. He's a good guy. He has a habit of changing his email address too often, like 50 times a year, but he's still a good guy :D
7 Comments:
At 5:52 p.m.,
Umar said…
i went downtown yesterday too:
click.
At 8:00 p.m.,
'liya said…
You're right I just read your blog :D
Maybe you were even on the subway the same time as me. If you saw a girl by herself with a book, looking too scared to read ..that was me!
At 10:58 p.m.,
Asmaa said…
Yeah, I can agree that Nauman's not so bad most of the time.
Well gee, I went downtown yesterday, too. What a small small small world we live in :D Someone give me candy now.
At 5:20 p.m.,
'liya said…
Lol :D
At 6:20 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At 10:20 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I didnt go downtown w/ Pilly even though she was making a fuss just before I left! She doesnt understand that sometimes I need to study! Sighhh girls are crazy. However, she did call me to tell me she was scared and frightened even though everytime we go downtown together she pretends to be all tough lol shes so cute. She is rushing to do a project that is due 3 months from now yet I bet she didnt even watch the online lecture version of it yet!
At 12:51 p.m.,
'liya said…
WE ARE GOING TO WATCH THE ONLINE VERSION TOGETHER !!!
I know how much you love contemporary art :D
Post a Comment
<< Home