To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First day back..

Only one new course, Art Criticism. My schedule is less three courses so I might actually get the chance to breath this semester. I'm starting of well, got an A on my paper I got back today yay! Okay, yes I admit I wanted an A+ but I shall settle for what I got.

My last year of university final schedule (ever?) :

Monday: Painting 9:30-1:30

Tuesday: Ad Shakespeare 1:00-2:30, Teaching high school art 2:30-5:30

Wednesday: Art Criticism 11:30-2:30, American City Lit 2:30-5:30

Thursday: Ad Shakespeare 1:00-2:30

Friday: Teaching placement ..

.. of course plus my online course... "sigh." My schedule isn't bad.. I do have days of 6 hours straight classes but no evening classes for the first time in a long time which means I won't be getting home around 11:00pm anymore. Which means I might get the chance to finally sleep, not that I didn't sleep enough during the holidays... hey my break was busy!!

I feel sad writing that this is my last semester of university.. So many people just want to end.. but I don't. Why? I don't know. I like school :S

So let's talk about something happy.. My Art Criticism prof is such a jolly old man! Really the only way to describe him is as a jolly old man. He reminds me of a skinny Santa Claus. He has a loud funny laugh too. I can tell it will be an interesting class. I wasn't sure what to expect since "Art Criticism" sounded really boring to me. I'm liking his teaching style too because he's letting us plan our own outlines and decide how many essays/tests we want to write and how much they should be worth. For example I might decide I only want one test so I can only do one test.. There was this really old lady sitting beside me in class today. I wonder if she's his past lover or something. She's like 90, can barely walk .. honestly she looks like she's going to go any second. He's more um distinguished I guess, looks 60-70 years old but really knows what he's talking about. He even taught one of my old painting profs (who I hated). Anyway she told me she's taken every one one of his courses. Hmmm.

Okay I'm tired now.

I have to meet a very important person on the fifth floor of the library tomorrow at PR 235 (you know like the shelf).

8 Comments:

  • At 10:42 p.m., Blogger nat said…

    'liya you're so lucky to be done this year, I envy you! I only say that because you can finally get your life started, once you start making decent money you can afford to move out and live with V! I can't wait till I graduate and live with R *sigh*, maybe i'll win the lottery soon because thats the only other way i'd be able to afford rent without dropping out of school!

     
  • At 8:00 a.m., Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :D

    Finally! Someone else who is sad to leave school haha And no matter what, your schedule still seems hectic to me, goodness gracious!

    I don't think it will hit me that school is completely over until summertime ... I'll be crying for sure. Oh and I'm getting my grad pictures done today, ewww wish me luck!

    :D

     
  • At 1:48 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Nuffy, if you win some of that lottery remember me :D Hmmm I wonder if I could try to get you into the summer school I worked at last year. If you're interested remind me, I think you'd have fun teaching there. Maybe we could even work together! The girl I was working with last year was kinda bossy.. and stressful.. I'd rather work with you :)


    Squeeky, I knowww, like there's so many classes I still want to take and well I don't know, I just like it! You won't be crying alone ..

    I know you'll look great on your grad pics.. remember to SMILE :D
    I have mine next week!

     
  • At 9:19 p.m., Blogger Becky L said…

    i was glad to be done--

    -- but i had transfered schools midway, and the place i graduated from was crappy. I didnt like the people OR the profs nearly as much. But, i'd moved to get married.

    ah well...

     
  • At 12:15 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Becky, you should have made your husband move to your area! :D

     
  • At 1:33 a.m., Blogger Abigail S. said…

    I understand about not wanting it to end. I was ready to be over with school. But I also was sad that that part of my life was over.
    But life is so much better now! I love working in the "real world!"

     
  • At 12:09 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    I hope so.. the "real world" is coming much too fast though :S

    But I'm not surprised you love it, you're a teacher and teachers are the best!

     
  • At 12:21 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    :S

     

Post a Comment

<< Home