To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

It's been awhile..

I haven't blogged in a while because I'm being a lazy lump. I have too many things on my mind too, like creating resumes and applying to different school boards and graduation pictures ..and one person is really giving me a really hard time.. who I can't mention here because I don't think I'm allowed to... or if I did mention her and someone found out it wouldn't be good. Yes it's a her. And no, it's not a family member.

I've come to understand that there are some people out there who receive joy from making you sad or feel bad about yourself. I guess it makes them feel more powerful because why would someone want you to fail or feel this way? It must be horrible to gain happiness from someone else's failure. To be THAT insecure. But the world is full of many dIfFeReNt people. It will never change. I've accepted it many times. And so I write this trying to accept it yet again .. "Sigh"

***
In other news.. I'm applying to Peel, Toronto, York, and Halton.. why Halton? I don't know, I don't even want to work there but I might as well cover all areas surrounding me to be safe. Really I'm just hoping to find a school down the street... like Turner Fenton. I can't believe V's friend's sister got a job teaching Visual Arts at Turner last year! That's the job I want!! That's my job!

There's a lot of teaching workshops and stuff I've signed up for this month. I want to get all my applications and things done by Febuary. Then I can enjoy the rest of my school year finishing essays at a nice leisurely pace.. (last minute). I still have my stupid online course! My dad asks me almost every day if I've finished it. Well I've decided to leave it for May .. I have to have all the work done by the end of May so what's the point rushing now right? I got A's in all my courses from first term so I'm also feeling like I don't have to worry. But then a part of me feels like I still should have done better. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too hard on myself.

Well it's Sunday and I do have some stuff I want to get done. Like marking some papers ..cleaning my room .. picking on my sisters.. you know the usual :D Actually I want to go out. But I feel like I've been out too much lately. Boring art galleries.. underground tunnels... and skulking around dark corners.. you know the usual for that too :D

My dad got a me a camera phone and I took my first picture yesterday - a close up shot of Zai's face. Yuck, I better delete it LOL. Actually the phone was supposed to be for Zra but I ended up convincing her that I needed it more so she we traded and she got my old one, which really wasn't that old considering I just got it two weeks ago and it was originally supposed to be for her ..

***

I could say more but I'm really hungry and need to go eat. Zai just made me waste half an hour doing some stupid internet quiz that didn't even end up working. What a waste of my valuable time. Now I'll have to cut something out of my plan for today. Like marking those papers :D

10 Comments:

  • At 10:03 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    who da bitch? ima kick her ass! is it pilly? 'liya we'll always love u more than pilly!!!! she only has like 10 oufits that she rotates over and over, you're much cooler!

     
  • At 12:00 a.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    There can be some very cold people in life who feel better about themselves by putting you down. These are the times where it's best to remember those who make you feel good and treat you with the respect each person deserves.

     
  • At 1:42 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Thanks Sara, that made me smile! See this is why you can't leave, you need to stay here to protect me too.

    & That's a good point Nauman, I think I'm going to dedicate my next couple of posts to people who make me feel good. I feel better thinking about it already :)

     
  • At 9:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe you can start with me!!!

     
  • At 9:11 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Well since you're asking I might as well ..

    :D

     
  • At 2:12 p.m., Blogger nat said…

    Hey 'liya It's been a while since i've blogged too. Don't worry about the people that are trying to bring you down, just focus on yourself - you are a wonderful person. I hope you get a job at Turner, that way I can be your assistant! I'm going to start voulnteering there soon... best of luck with getting a job.

     
  • At 5:56 p.m., Blogger Abigail S. said…

    I'm sure you'll get a great job! I didn't get a job until 3 weeks before school was supposed to start! And it wasn't my first pick... But I LOVE it here!
    I'm sure you'll find something you'll be able to love!

     
  • At 9:03 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Thanks Nuffy and Abigail S. :D

    A job at Turner would be great, anything where I don't have to wake up super early and drive far!

    I've heard about teachers who got hired the day before Labour Day .. that's pretty crazy :S I don't know how I could manage the whole summer wait.. you'd think that principals would want to give their teachers more time to prepare for the school year and therefore hire them a lot earlier.. do they really need practically all summer to make up their minds ?!

     
  • At 10:30 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    Inshallah, you'll get a good job... you've earned that and I'm sure many schools would be lucky to have you.

     
  • At 7:28 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Inshallah

    :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home