To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Feeling ..Lopsided..

As a part visual arts student I feel that it's my duty to share my talent with the world - and my feelings of pain. So here is the story of my face:

Before the extractions I was a happy girl with a great big smile full of teeth:



After the extractions of 4 wisdom teeth I was a bloated beaten up hippo (note the bruises on my face and the neck swelling too):



I'm now supposedly in the recovery phase yet only one side of my face has accepted that - that's why the lopsidedness.



The painkillers actually weren't helping that stubborn side of my face and I thought I was going to die so my mom took me back to the dentist where he poked and proded the side which hurt so bad I almost passed out from the pain. My mom kept patting my legs and saying "don't worry it will be over soon" but that didn't help..it was my mouth that felt like it was being kicked with a hard pointy shoe. Apparently I have what's called dry socket and because the blood didn't clot it wouldn't heal. "Sigh."

Well I hope everyone is enjoying their reading week..

CURRENT MOOD: Icky blah blah

11 Comments:

  • At 3:59 p.m., Blogger Asmaa said…

    I'm so sorry that you're suffering, but I had to laugh out loud. Those renditions of yourself are of amazing quality.

    Why'd you get all four out at once? Now I'm scared to get mine out :( Which, by the way, haven't grown in yet...if I remember correctly, my dentist said they were still under my gums. Like, 2 years ago.

    And now I panic.

     
  • At 11:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh Pilly! I wonder how u can draw such nice pictures in your time of pain! When I seen the title of your blog I was thinking something else but i wont mention it as this is a family blog! =D Dont worry love, the extra poking your dentist did will help that tooth heal so nicely!

     
  • At 1:38 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Argh I'm back again from another deep sleep and dream of eating crunchy food.

    Asmaa: The specialist said I should get all 4 out at once.. never again will I follow the opinion of a qualified professional! For the sake of your mouth I hope that your teeth stay under your gums and never come out, but if they do DON'T GET THEM OUT - I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy (I don't think I have any though, actually no, I'd like to wish this pain on Bush) .. trust me, just live with the pain of them growing in because to get them out is too much trouble and a big headache. DON'T DO IT.

    Steve: I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!!!!!!

    Liam: Thanks for your kind words :) Well I was asleep so I didn't hear any sounds thankfully. You only had 3 removed? That's an odd number. Did you not have a fourth one or was that one just being really good?

    Agent: Don't you remember me telling you that art is therepeutic? I hope you told your friends about this because I forgot to remind you but thanks for reminding me .. and I don't know what you're referring to about the title and I have a feeling I don't want to know :S

    ***For those of you that don't know, I offer art therapy classes only $20 a session. Email me for more details!***

     
  • At 2:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you're drawings are adorable!

     
  • At 3:49 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    I called you yesterday to see how you were doing. Your mom told me about your painful complications but I'm glad to see, by the very helpful pictures you've creatively drawn here, that you're on the road to recovery. :)

     
  • At 7:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well when ima dentist u can come to me and i wont make ur mouth hurt so much...well i mean i kno u dun need ur wisdom teeth taken out nemore..but u kno otha things...cavities..rottin teeth..u kno..those kinda things...lol....newayz..i hope u feel bettah!!.....

     
  • At 12:33 a.m., Blogger Becky L said…

    lol!!

    at least this didnt happen to you: when i had mine out, apparently tons of blood dripped down and into my stomach. so, right as i was about to leave the hospital, i started puking blood. All the way home in the car, i kept vomiting the stuff up.

    it was awful. i would not wish it upon anyone.

     
  • At 4:56 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Thanks Samia, well hopefully after going through all this I won't ever get cavities or rotten teeth (ew!) - but aren't they they same? BUT if I ever do have any inside my mouth problems I WILL come to you and seeing how we've known each other for so long I'm sure you won't charge me quite so much :D

    & Thanks for calling Nauman, my mom told me you did. Unfortunately it's still hard to talk so I can't call you back but I will say happy early birthday!! (even though I had to ask you) :D

    Anonymous: My drawings may be cute but trust me the real life picture is quite scary... which is why I refuse to go to school until I look human again.

    Liam, ouch and yuck! Spitting out part of your tooth when you wake up doesn't sound like the best way to start the day lol.

    Becky, that IS yucky but I've swallowed so much blood and all other gross stuff that my bottom unhealing tooth needed I've felt the urge to throw up so many times but I'm trying to keep it down because I don't want to complicate my already complicated situation :S

     
  • At 7:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey liya,
    u dont really know me, but I asked u about ur teeth b4....so I was wondering when ur dentist told u to get ur wisdom teeth removed, were they already fully grown or just a little bit grown? and by the way, ur stories are scaring me and i dont know if I should even go to the dentist anymore !!! *lol* so, when's ur readin break? Mine is this week coming up (Feb 20 etc)
    Hope ur doing okay!

     
  • At 12:47 a.m., Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :)

    Aww ... I didn't realize you were suffering so much :( Just have a bit more patience and insha'Allah you'll muster the strength to get through this horrible experience! Why must teeth be so complicated?

    Anyways, thank you for providing us with lovely pictures, I love illustrations teehehe

    My du'as are with you! Feel better! *hugs*

     
  • At 10:59 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Faiza, my dentist actually told me to take them out almost a year ago but I just waited until I couldn't take the pain any longer, then my top one started growing in crooked and well I didn't want teeth that weren't straight. I'm sorry my stories are scaring you but I need to tell the truth about my situation :D

    My reading week was actually this week but seeing how I'm still not recovered I'm taking another week off. Hope yours goes much better than mine!



    Thanks Squeeky :) It's hard having patience when I feel like a war is taking place in my mouth. The painkillers only help a little .. but patience I shall try to have.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home