My title can't fit in this space.
I never want to put anything in or take anything out of my body again. For this reason I've decided I'm going to adopt when I'm married rather than pop them out myself. I've even picked out where I want the babies from. I know all babies (well mostly all) are cute BUT in my personal opinion I think Chinese/Japanese babies are cutest of all so my new dream is to adopt 3 from China/Japan. And 1 baby from Palestine, because just because.
Adorable picture of June's baby girl:

On the topic of babies, my mom has been giving me baby food because half my mouth still isn't functioning. She's been disguising the peas and gross stuff by combining it in my soups. I used to be a soup lover now I feel like a soup hater. I find that when you live off watery soup and applesauce for a week you really begin to dream of food..crunchy food.
Last night I dreamt I was eating M & Ms, I don't know why I can't even remember the last time I had them.. but yeah crunch crunch crunch.
It's kind of weird though because I know people all over the world are starving and here I am craving food I can chew.. and I never get hungry like this when I'm fasting.. it's pretty bad. I need to be more patient.
I have however taken a new interest in watching some cooking shows. They make some fascinating stuff. Especially the desert dishes. It's funny the stuff that you watch when you have no other choice of what to do all day but lie in front of the tv. I can't exactly lie in my bed because then I'd be totally cut off from the living world so the tv room has become my resting spot.
I AM very sick of the Olympics now though. I mean I've learned more about winter sports than I ever want to know.
I feel like some kind of sport expert, I know, me!
I even know the difference between luge and skeleton. Those things look like fun though don't you think? I remember my dad used to take me and Zra to Blue Mountain in the summer and we'd go down that big mountain slide. That was the beginning of my luge career. I should've stuck to it.. you can't win a gold medal in teaching :S
I still want to watch figure skating though. Too bad Michelle Kwan left. She's like the only name that's remained the same throughout the years. Also brings back memories of pretending to skate in the hallway with Zra for the judges (our parents). Why am I having all these memories.. I must be getting old "sigh." Gymnastics was more fun with the summer Olympics, I mean I could actually do a cartwheel... as for skating I can only skate in a straight line .. .. and do those funny shaped watermelons..
I've also watched What Not to Wear like 50 million times. Stacy and Clinton are getting a little annoying if you ask me. They think they know everything! I don't like how they make some people feel. Even if those people do need fashion help.
Watching repeats of Everyone Loves Raymond makes me laugh which makes my mouth hurt too much. It hurts to smile. Well it hurts to smile out of half my mouth.
I'm really annoyed with the right side of my face right now..
We had to call my dentist's cell this weekend to ask for help because I was just dying. Those painkillers aren't helping so much.. really they just make me sleepy but the pain is still there. It's hard at night though cause my body is fighting to sleep but the pain is keeping me up. Anyways he put me on two antibiotics now and several other things I don't know what they are I just take whatever my mom puts in front of me.
My mom is the best. She's doing so much for me. I feel a little guilty :(
Anyways I finished the introduction to my essay and then my head started pounding from thinking. I'm not worried though. Being the nerd I am I emailed all my professors/TAs to let them know I won't be in class this week. I needed them to see that I would never skip their class and that I really do have a medical illness. I would never want anyone to see me with my face like a balloon.
My advanced Shakespeare professor asked to see my face though. He's so funny. Really he is. I'm so bored I think I'll go on Rate My Professors to give him a good rating. The last week he was complaining because he didn't have a hot rating. Well he is like 70 years old or something..
Happy birthday Nauman! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say you're old .. just talking about age made me remember your birthday!
And also I should add my bloggy turned 1 year old sometime at the beginning of Feb. So feel free to wish my weatherwoman a nice day or something .. I noticed that her hearts are now gone. Guess she didn't find the love she was looking for. Love is complicated.
I have made some additions/changes to my blog. Trying to update the look a bit. I have a nice little world map which shows where my visitors are from. Thanks to Asmaa for that because I found it off her blog. Of course hers is so much cooler because it's so full of red dots. My goal is to have someone from the Yukon visit my site :D
Other changes may come. Or maybe not.
And in conclusion of these ramblings .. I truly and firmly believe I deserve a real reading week. Since mine was horribly ruined by pain and suffering it's another reason why I shall take next week off. Not just because of my funny looking face. Plus it seems like most other universities have theirs then too so why not join the crowd. Not that I really had anything planned ...but you know I would have liked to go out a bit.
Eat a bit.
Get some stuff done.
Smile.
Laugh.
Brush my teeth without seeing blood in the sink.
CURRENT MOOD: A little drowsy (just took a painkiller) so going to take a nap.. ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
14 Comments:
At 12:31 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Wow pilly your blog is funny! I like it even though its probably not suppose to be funny. I feel so sorry for you. IS there n e thing I can do to help? I know maybe when your better I'll buy you the cruchiest food that I can think of and we can sit together and crunch!
I'm thinking about some sort of nut
At 2:19 p.m.,
'liya said…
Agent, there IS something you can do to help but you already know what it is. And where are you? I'm waiting to proofread your essay and you haven't emailed it to me yet, can you hurry up because I want to take a nap.
I want chashews thanks :)
At 5:48 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
is that June's baby...like June from Turner Fenton? Like June from the Turner Fenton Yearbook staff one year..u know...April, May, JUNE? .... she already has a kid?!!! Isnt she still young???? OMG! this is crazy!
At 11:31 p.m.,
Umar said…
i didnt read the whole thing,
but re: adoption.. that's a very interesting take on it.
re: cooking... i get inspired by those shows on the food network too. just today i made "asian pasta salad". it took three times longer than it should have to make it... but it turned out pretty fine.
re: blue mountain/luge... i used to love going down those slides on the blue carts! i even have pictures from when i was a little kid.
last time we went to blue mountain though, i found out they shut the thing down because of safety concerns. (apparently, some people flew off the tracks)
At 11:16 a.m.,
'liya said…
Faiza, I didn't know you went to Turner??? Your name doesn't ring a bell in my head but then I seemed to have forgotten practically everyone anyway. Were you in the same year as me? Tell me more about you, I thought you were a random reader somehwere else in the world :D
And yes that's June's baby - but are we talking about the same June? I didn't think she was on the yearbook staff but maybe she was? She IS young and it IS crazy but I'm happy for her because she's happily married and graduated and the baby is just SO cute!
Umar, Asian pasta salad sounds yummy. It also sounds like it must be crunchy - I wish I could chew :(
At least you have pictures of you on the slides, I just have it in my head and my memory is starting to fade in old age :D I don't understand how people could fly off the tracks though, it's a pity they shut it down.
Liam, unfortunately everything isn't okay. Well I went to the dentist again today - he said it's going to take longer to heal still. I'm part of the rare 2% that this super swelling/infection has happened to. But I'm going to have mashed potatoes for lunch - soft but a little lumpy. It will be my first solid food in over a week :S
At 11:49 a.m.,
Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said…
'liya,you're a natural. this one had me smiling. hope you get crunching soon.
At 5:55 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Hey liya
yeah I did go to Turner Fenton, but I was two years younger than you. I didnt know u either, but one day I was going through my cousins hi5 (Rozina) and she had u on it and I remembered seeeing u in the yearbook. I feel so embarassed lol...but then I found ur blog...he he he! So there u have it...now u know I went to Turner...lived in Brampton...now I go to UWO...:)
So is June as old as u? and r u really gonna be a teacher next year?! Wow...
At 8:18 p.m.,
nat said…
Hey 'liya! You know you never really think about crunchy food until you can't have it. I remember eating lots of cold soup because I remember the dentist saying that I couldn't have it hot incase it melted away my stiches. Pudding always made me feel better... CHOCOLATE pudding... mmmm. I think I'll stop by and visit this week.
At 10:03 p.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum hun!
Awwwwww look at the cute baby!
I wuv babies
Hope you're getting better!
At 10:52 p.m.,
Nauman said…
Thanks for the birthday wishes... and sadly, I AM old. :(
It's too bad that you're having these complications and pains but as someone once used to say to me, "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
BTW, June's baby does look really cute. I also agree that East-Asian babies are some of the cutest and June's kid further supports that. :)
Faiza: You went to Turner too and you were 2 years behind Aaliya? That means then you absolutely MUST know my good friend Saqib Sheikh.
At 6:45 a.m.,
sara said…
Hi Liya!!!! The red dot in SA on your map is ME! Or at least the one on the right hand side. I miss you! Did you hear Fuad got into a major car accident and his car is totaled, and he was in the er for days! Call him and check if he's okay, okay?
At 11:06 a.m.,
'liya said…
Thanks Saaleha and Squeeky! Inshallah I'll get better soon. I can't wait to not have to take these antibiotics any longer. They make me wanna throw up :S
Faiza, I'm happy you became a reader yay! Maybe you know my sister Zahra? I think she's two years younger than me.. or maybe one year.. I need to check lol. Well June is the same age as me and yes I'm gonna be a teacher :D Hopefully I'll get a job in the summer!
Nuffy, one of my stitches came out. I just felt something in my mouth and I took it out with my hand it there it was. It was kinda rubbery and hard at the end but yeah at least I didn't eat it :S I'm going to attempt going to go to one class today and see how long I can last. I still have a slight lump on one side but I'm going to disguise it with a scarf.
Nauman I don't like the saying "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger".. I don't feel any stronger but I do feel like I've been killed. Well yesterday I felt like I'd been killed. Today I feel a bit better.
Liam, I would try your ginger tea suggestion but I'm trying to stick to cool things to reduce the swelling still. I think I've tried it before when I had the flu, it sounds like something my mom had me drink. But I do love honey and think I'm going to get some because that soft and liquidy, I don't know why I didn't think of that!
Sara! I thought the red dot in SA was you!! V said it wasn't! But hah I knew it lol. Well we figured it was either you or my cousin Samira. But now one of them could be Saaleha too :) Thanks for contributing a recognizable dot!!
I heard Fuad got into an accident .. email me his number and I'll check up on him for you. I thought he was okay since he blogged about it. I hope he's okay!
At 2:57 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I do think I remember a Sheik...but there were like 3 or 4 Sheiks in my class....lol...so I dont know if its the one u are talking about.
and I think (I hope its the right one) I remember a Zahra...but I never had any classes with her...was she friends with Sunita?
By the way...to be a teacher dont u have to go to teachers college?
:)
At 8:22 p.m.,
'liya said…
Faiza, yes Sunita was one of her best friends in high school. I haven't heard that name for awhile. I wonder if they still talk.
Anyways there's no such thing as teacher's college anymore. It's a university program you have to apply to get into. It works in two ways either Concurrent or Consecutive. Concurrent means you finish everything in 4 years all teacher's courses and teaching experience included at the same time (concurrently) with my regular courses (English/visual arts) - which is what I'm doing.. and Consecutive means you do an extra year of teacher education courses and experience after your done your undergrad (so 5 years of uni). .. And all done at York!
Post a Comment
<< Home