Awake & Driving
.... Had a little bit of an um episode I guess early this morning....
Do you ever feel like just getting away from your family? Like you're just so overwhelmed and don't know what to do and can't think? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My sister made me so mad and I just couldn't.. take .. it ..... so I ran away. Well not really RAN, I drove away. Before I left the house my mom yelled out, "don't you dare take the car!" I DID TAKE THE CAR .. and then I felt really guilty...
My plan was to drive to school and do research for my essay - but then I remembered my mom would need the car to open the store at 12:00.. so instead I drove to the Longo's parking lot and opened my books and studied (in the car). Luckily it was really hot this morning because I didn't have a jacket. But almost immediately I began to feel hungry and miss my mom - but I told myself I wouldn't give in. I went home promptly 45 minutes later so that my mom would have the car in time to open.
I guess I'm not so good at running away.
Anyways, my mom forgave me. My dad doesn't know. My sister keeps looking at me in fear like I'm going to kill her or something.
Now that I think of it, I could have done something more normal and had gone to the library or some coffeeshop or to visit Gagan. Next time I ever need to leave I have to remember to take my phone, some money, and someone for company. Someone should really write a book about how to run away properly.
Do you ever feel like just getting away from your family? Like you're just so overwhelmed and don't know what to do and can't think? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My sister made me so mad and I just couldn't.. take .. it ..... so I ran away. Well not really RAN, I drove away. Before I left the house my mom yelled out, "don't you dare take the car!" I DID TAKE THE CAR .. and then I felt really guilty...
My plan was to drive to school and do research for my essay - but then I remembered my mom would need the car to open the store at 12:00.. so instead I drove to the Longo's parking lot and opened my books and studied (in the car). Luckily it was really hot this morning because I didn't have a jacket. But almost immediately I began to feel hungry and miss my mom - but I told myself I wouldn't give in. I went home promptly 45 minutes later so that my mom would have the car in time to open.
I guess I'm not so good at running away.
Anyways, my mom forgave me. My dad doesn't know. My sister keeps looking at me in fear like I'm going to kill her or something.
Now that I think of it, I could have done something more normal and had gone to the library or some coffeeshop or to visit Gagan. Next time I ever need to leave I have to remember to take my phone, some money, and someone for company. Someone should really write a book about how to run away properly.
8 Comments:
At 4:18 p.m.,
nat said…
I don't think I've ever run away, I remember once I tried to but my dad said that if I ran away then I shouldn't ever come back... I think he said it so I wouldn't leave. I'm not brave enough to leave, and taking the car? Sheesh 'liya, that was a bold move!
At 6:30 p.m.,
Nauman said…
In my less responsible days, I tried running away and even considered the option several times and analyzed it to death... in the end, I never did accomplish it because I knew that it'd be wrong no matter how justified I felt it was.
The lesson? Find a better solution to problems as running away never works. :(
At 6:53 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Oh wow...there are so many times a family annoys u! Which sister did u fight with anyway? *lol* Just a couple of weeks ago, in march break, we (meaning my mom, older sister, younger sister, me, and younger brother) went to Yorkdale to do some shopping. while we were shopping my mom kept buying my little sister stuff and didnt even ask if I wanted something...the day before I had fought with my older sister about some random things, and we werent talking...and when my mom didnt even ask me if I wanted something I got even madder...so I started arguing with my younger sister (I dont remember how it began, just that I picked a fight about some drink at Second Cup). I was so frustrated...So, my mom got mad at me, and I ran away from them! In the store! I didnt know where to go, so I went to the washroom first, sat at the front entrance where we had come from...and after an hour past, I started getting scared and worried that they would leave me. So, I called my dad at home, and cried to him. He laughed! Anyway, he told me they had called him and were waiting by the car for me. I didnt get in any trouble...but boy I am never running away from my family again no matter WHAT happens...I had no money even to make a phone call...so I had to collect call my dad...now that I think about it, its so funny! But...running away is never the answer because in the end they are still ur family! :) But sometimes its fun to fight...lol
At 8:56 p.m.,
'liya said…
Ohh man!, I love your last line "I'll probably be home in time for dinner." :D
Nuffy, yeah it was a bold move.. too bold :S Doesn't sound like me eh?
Nauman, yeah I used to always plan to do things like that too but I'd always plan stupid things like run away to my grandma's or something. I wasn't even mad at my parents, they had nothing to do with it, just my dumb sister - and it WAS wrong, which is why I felt so guilty for making my mom worry.
Faiza, you know the comment you made before about our families sounding alike, well you're right they do. Your situation sounds like it would apply to my family too. Sometimes it IS fun to fight.. but sometimes my sister is just TOO MUCH!! I guess I can always look back on this and laugh - especially since it was so dumb :S
At 9:41 p.m.,
Becky L said…
yeah, there are tons of times i feel like running away...
days when erica is crying and complaining all day, then Husband comes home and just wants to sit and watch TV.
i seriously do consider it sometimes. but it wont happen. cant really run away when i have a baby and hubby.
At 1:19 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
hmmmmmmm if you were hungry and at longos you should have made a stop in the fruit section! For compnay next time you can drive to my house in your rented ferrari cuz it has so much horse power and is such a smooth ride and dont forget that the doors go up!
At 5:57 p.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :D
Awww *hugs*
Do you ever feel like just getting away from your family? Like you're just so overwhelmed and don't know what to do and can't think?
haha I felt that same way this past Sunday.
As for running away ... hmm, no, I don't believe I've ever done that. I have too much of a guilty conscience. There was one time when I was really upset, I yelled that I was going to my aunt's house (who was right down the street) and I stormed out hehe
On the occasions when I used to get really upset at home, the thought of 'running away' never occured to me, but to just get married and leave :S These are the thoughts that come to you from a desi household haha eeeh
At 12:31 a.m.,
'liya said…
Becky, aww .. if I had a baby I'd take him/her with me and leave the hubby! Just kidding :)
Agent, I said I had no money..you never read my posts properly! Longos used to have free samples, I wonder if they still do that.. --but I'm not that desperate! And one, your house is too far and my Ferrari takes too much gas to drive it all the way there. Sorry, I'll have to enjoy my doors going up on my own :D
Squeeky, your aunt lives on your street, that's pretty accessable! My closest family lives in Oakville and I feel scared even of thinking of driving that far, lol can't picture walking :D I felt guilty though which is why I returned home soon after "sigh" ..
Ahy, that's quite a story.. a physical fight with your dad - wow.. maybe it's because you're a boy? I can't really see my dad punching me lol .. although I did get slapped plenty times when I was a kid. Knocked some sense into me :D Everything is fine now, my sister and I somehow made up, I don't know when or how but we're back to the usual, calling each other ugly and fat and whatever sisters to do express their love :)
I hope your car turns out great, post a pic when it's done.
Post a Comment
<< Home