To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bad Art

On Kawara sucks. Fiona Tan sucks. Ulf Puder sucks..but not as badly as the first two.

Why do I need to write reviews on all artists who do bad art? In case you can't tell I went to another art gallery. I'm not even going to pretend I like it like most of the people in my class trying to appear all abstract artsy and knowledgeable. Yesterday in class one girl kept saying how much she loved On Kawara's exhibition. Yeah right! All these artists suck! I wish I wish I wish some of my art courses dealt with artists who are actually talented. Like some of the other art stuff we saw yesterday at the galleries in the Distillery District were good! I would love to write a paper on those wonderful people who know how to use paint effectively.

Here are two pretty pictures I took outside - and changed up a bit to fit the scenery because obviously we live in a more colourful world. Look closely and you might see a GO train racing by in the second :D





It was cold outside but I had a great tour guide who knew the way around :D The best part of the day was eating yummy fish. And seeing a pair of really cute shoes that I'm going to buy ASAP.

In other news I've been going to school this whole week in an effort to catch up - which I think I'm doing quite well. I still can't open my jaw but it's getting there .. slowly..I can now fit 2 fingers inside. I have a blood clot in my cheek which is a big hard blob and I need to constantly keep my hand there to comfort me. The dentist said it will take a few weeks to heal. Hopefully it isn't too noticeable.

CURRENT MOOD: Ambivalent

Oh boy, the word ambivalent just reminded me of a paper I had to write 1-2 years ago about the word "ambivalent." Now my CURRENT MOOD: is just annoyed.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey aaliya...do u kno wha i think u need??...a VACATION....so come down to CT...its awfully boring here but than u wont havta do nethin at all!..lol...i hope u feel bettah soon....cuz u sound miserable..=(.....and U should come down here....than we can go tha art galleries in NYC..and Boston....iite well feel bettah chica =)

     
  • At 8:34 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Samia, I would love to go to the art galleries in NYC! And I'd love to visit you :D

    Hmm maybe in the summer? Or you could always come here again and it would be easier lol.

     
  • At 11:17 p.m., Blogger Asmaa said…

    Good art vs. bad art - everything is subject to interpretation. Which is what makes life so interesting and complex :)

    In the words of Oscar Wilde, "All art is quite useless."

     
  • At 5:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The only thing that "suck" is your photos.

     
  • At 5:49 p.m., Blogger Asmaa said…

    anon, the only thing that "sucks" is your grammar.

     
  • At 7:10 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Thanks Asmaa! I think you addressed Anonymous' language problem just the way I would have :D

    ...Anonymous, I would add you to my list of things that simply suck but I don't know who you are. If you keep leaving comments without your name I'm going to delete them. Bye for now!

     
  • At 11:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pilly if you hate this art whyyy do you force me to go with you!! Just because you have to have a terrible time I also have to have one too! lol Out of these ones I think that On Kawara was the worst that was just sooooooooooooooo boring!!!!! The worst part about that was that we had to go so far to see it too! Why cant these crappy artists be more local! oh well at least its almost over!

    P.S. I think you might have pissed off the On kawara fan in your class!

     
  • At 9:52 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Maybe that was a fan :S I never thought of that!

    I'm a little disappointed though, my prof just emailed the class to say we can review the David Milne show at the AGO.. and I really want to do that now instead of Fiona Tan.. but now I don't know when to go. But trust me his stuff will be good.. I mean it is the AGO and in the paper it looked good.. .. .. so I hope you don't mind that I'm might be changing my mind .. .. .. .. .. ..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home