To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Not naming any names..

Today one of my best friends ran away from home. Seriously ran away-- not got-into-a-fight-with-sister type running away like me. She left. Took all her stuff, her car, and herself, and didn't look back.

She'll be okay... she moved in with her boyfriend - they bought a house.. she has a job.. he has a job..

I feel scared.

I didn't think she'd do it even though she'd been telling me for the past year that she was planning this. Should I have told her not to? I don't think it would have mattered, I know she wouldn't have listened.

CURRENT MOOD: Not sure..

12 Comments:

  • At 1:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh wow...how old was ur friend? and do u know how to delete comments from the blog comment spot...?

     
  • At 6:52 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    I just watched the movie Billy Madison today and there's a character in the movie, a teacher, who makes me think of you Aaliya because she looks and acts like you! Her name: Ms. Lippy. Hehehe... :)

     
  • At 9:49 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Faiza, My friend is going to be 23 soon. I guess I should have said why she was doing this, and the reason was her family didn't like her boyfriend who is a different religion from her.

    (To delete a comment I think you have to be a person who signs in with a blogger identity, that way when you see your comment there'll be a little garbage can in the corner and you can click it if you want it to delete. I'm not sure if you can delete a comment if you sign in under 'other.' .. I think.. maybe someone here can clarify?)

    Nauman, I've never seen Billy Madison but now I'm curious. But the name Ms. Lippy sounds like a fat old woman with grandchildren and a cat .. why do I think that the way your comment goes is more of an insult than a compliment :S

     
  • At 12:39 a.m., Blogger FU said…

    ooo..scandal..

    i hope it all works out...

     
  • At 1:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish your friend all the best in her adventures! Hopefully they will come to some sort of an agreement!

     
  • At 2:27 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Ohh Man!,


    Fu, You're back again! You seem to disappear for awhile. Yes, I hope everything works out for her because she's a really nice person.

    Agent, I wouldn't really call it an adventure. You seem so happy today - must be because you woke and saw that beloved assignment you need to finish :D

     
  • At 3:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey liya
    I was just wondering, since our families are so similar, which siblings have the same personalities. Question 1: Which one of ur siblings is the quietest? Question 2: Which one talks the most? Question 3:which one is the smartest (marks wise)? Question 4: Which one is the tallest? Question 5: Which one fights the most? (lol). You dont have to say any names...the number they are born will be enuf...lol...I just want to see if ur siblings match mine...lol

     
  • At 6:56 p.m., Blogger nat said…

    Running away is scary! and I really really don't want to run away, but if push comes to shove and my family doesnt accept R (muslim and all) then I'd probably leave too, even though I wouldn't want to.

     
  • At 9:18 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Faiza: You're funny :D

    Hmmm ..

    1. Quietest would be Zahra (sibling 2), she barely talks to any of us, although I can be very quiet around people that I don't know.

    2. Talks the most is defintely defintely my other sister (sibling 3) - she never shuts up EVER. She'll talk to anyone she meets on the street.

    3. Smartest - me :D Okay well Zahra is pretty smart too. But I've always gotten the best grades and since I'm the oldest I get the recognition for it and she has to live in my shadow, which really isn't fair to her.. ANyways the difference is I actually like school and she doesn't.

    4. Tallest - well I think me and my sisters are about the same, if anything I'm maybe a little bit taller than them. Maybe.

    5. The fighting is interesting. Me and Zainab fight all the time but not in a mean way, in a joking way. Zainab fights with my brother (sibling 4) in a picking on him way. I never fight with him because he's too cute so I always try to protect him from her. Sometimes he takes my side and sometimes he takes Zainab's. But we have fun! Zahra doesn't fight with any of us but that doesn't mean she's easy to get along with, she just tends to stick to herself in her room, writing her problems about us in her diary.

    Nuffy: I hope your family accepts R, he seems like such a nice person, I'm sure that if you work really hard they will. And maybe later on when you guys are ready if he spends time with them they'll see how great he is. He is muslim now! Anyways inshallah everything will work out, and God will make everything easy for both of you.

     
  • At 10:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    everyone makes mistakes..

     
  • At 10:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey liya
    wow...our siblings are kinda the same, the only difference is that your sibling 2 is like my sibling 3....and my (sibling 2) is like ur sibling 3. However, my sibling 3 and sibling 4 also fight all the time and I take my brothers side and my older sister takes my sisters side (sibling 3). Its funny tho how everyone in a family is so different. lol

     
  • At 11:03 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Faiza, all these siblings are confusing me lol. Are you the oldest too?

    :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home