Oh my God..
The only thing I can say is Alhumdulillah ... Thank God... all praises to God..
Allah (swt) was watching over me and my mom.
We got into an accident.
Totally not our fault.
Here's how it happened:
My mom had just picked me up from the GO station. It was around 6:30. It was a little rainy. It was dark. My mom and I were talking about what I was going to eat for dinner. We were discussing how eating crunchy food still makes my mouth raw inside. Then we were at the intersection..the light turned green.. we waited a sec then went forward to turn from the station out onto Steeles to head home. The last thing I remember was glancing at the clock - I was planning in my head every thing I had to get done when I went home. I had a lot to do.
BOOM.
That's all. No crash, just BOOM. It was hard it was fast and it out of nowhere.
I was in shock for a second. Like what the hell happened. Why was our van facing the wrong way, why had we stopped.. why was my heart beating so fast and my head pounding. And then all I could think was MOM! Oh man for that second when I looked at my mom I think my heart must have stopped or something. I was SO scared for her because my mind had put the pieces together: we had been hit, the car coming had hit her side.. but my mom was okay.. I asked her twice. She was more concerned about the car because she kept saying oh my God over and over and then she jumped out to check the damage.
It was BAD.
Then my mom kept saying what did you do what did you do, look what you did!! to the lady who hit us. She hit us. Like I said, we had been turning, it was our right of way, the light was green, and from out of nowhere she had come speeding down Steeles and hadn't stopped at her red light. It was crazy. She had been going soooo fast. We were stopped in the middle of the intersection. Our car had spun around 90 degrees.. Cars waiting at all three sides of the intersection couldn't go either way because her car, our van, and this other guy's car took up the whole intersection. When she had hit our car, the force had pushed us to hit the guy in the turning lane beside us. But our car had protected him. We got the worst damage.
For the visual learner: (Our van is blue)

I should say here that the man who also got hit was so nice. A really nice helpful guy. He must have been a student also leaving the station cause he mentioned it was his dad's car. His dad came within seconds. Honestly though, he just had a little dent but we liked him. He called the cops for my mom cause she was starting to panic about the damage and I was in too much shock. He told us we'd be okay. The lady who hit us didn't even ask if we were okay. When my mom asked her if she had seen the light she just stammered out some stupid response like yes but I tried to brake.. yeah right she had tried to brake. If you had tried to brake you wouldn't have hit us so hard.
Well the whole side of the van is smashed. Luckily she hit just a little further down than my mom's door. Otherwise who knows how my mom would be. When I got out to check the damage and saw that it had been so close to my mom's door, I had to hold back tears. I didn't want my mom to be concerned about me because at this point my mom's neck was really starting to hurt. But it was scary. Very scary. It was so close.
Kinda hard to see but yeah:

When the tow trucks and cops came, everyone kept asking my mom if they should call an ambulence for her so she could go get checked out. By looking at our van you wouldn't think there'd be a survivor.. My mom has whiplash. But she's so stubborn she didn't want to go. My dad is trying to convince her right now to go. She thinks it'll be a waste of time. My neck hurts too but not as much as hers. My arm from my shoulder to my wrist hurts more. It's such a odd feeling. Like it was beaten or something. I also have a bruise on my chest from where the seatbelt held me back from the force. I just realized what I good thing I had been wearing it. Usually I put it on after a few minutes of being in the car but tonight I had put it on as soon as I sat in.
We have a rental car now. The van is undrivable. The tow-truck driver was so nice. The rental car lady was so nice. The policewoman was so nice (she told us it's not our fault and we have nothing to worry about because there were witnesses in the other cars). The only not nice person was the lady who hit us. I can't believe she didn't even ask my mom if she was okay.
I feel so lucky.
My mom is okay.
I came home and cried in the shower.
When you're done reading this please make a quick prayer to thank God for looking after us. Thanks.
CURRENT MOOD: It hasn't really sunk in yet.. but definitely grateful.
Allah (swt) was watching over me and my mom.
We got into an accident.
Totally not our fault.
Here's how it happened:
My mom had just picked me up from the GO station. It was around 6:30. It was a little rainy. It was dark. My mom and I were talking about what I was going to eat for dinner. We were discussing how eating crunchy food still makes my mouth raw inside. Then we were at the intersection..the light turned green.. we waited a sec then went forward to turn from the station out onto Steeles to head home. The last thing I remember was glancing at the clock - I was planning in my head every thing I had to get done when I went home. I had a lot to do.
BOOM.
That's all. No crash, just BOOM. It was hard it was fast and it out of nowhere.
I was in shock for a second. Like what the hell happened. Why was our van facing the wrong way, why had we stopped.. why was my heart beating so fast and my head pounding. And then all I could think was MOM! Oh man for that second when I looked at my mom I think my heart must have stopped or something. I was SO scared for her because my mind had put the pieces together: we had been hit, the car coming had hit her side.. but my mom was okay.. I asked her twice. She was more concerned about the car because she kept saying oh my God over and over and then she jumped out to check the damage.
It was BAD.
Then my mom kept saying what did you do what did you do, look what you did!! to the lady who hit us. She hit us. Like I said, we had been turning, it was our right of way, the light was green, and from out of nowhere she had come speeding down Steeles and hadn't stopped at her red light. It was crazy. She had been going soooo fast. We were stopped in the middle of the intersection. Our car had spun around 90 degrees.. Cars waiting at all three sides of the intersection couldn't go either way because her car, our van, and this other guy's car took up the whole intersection. When she had hit our car, the force had pushed us to hit the guy in the turning lane beside us. But our car had protected him. We got the worst damage.
For the visual learner: (Our van is blue)

I should say here that the man who also got hit was so nice. A really nice helpful guy. He must have been a student also leaving the station cause he mentioned it was his dad's car. His dad came within seconds. Honestly though, he just had a little dent but we liked him. He called the cops for my mom cause she was starting to panic about the damage and I was in too much shock. He told us we'd be okay. The lady who hit us didn't even ask if we were okay. When my mom asked her if she had seen the light she just stammered out some stupid response like yes but I tried to brake.. yeah right she had tried to brake. If you had tried to brake you wouldn't have hit us so hard.
Well the whole side of the van is smashed. Luckily she hit just a little further down than my mom's door. Otherwise who knows how my mom would be. When I got out to check the damage and saw that it had been so close to my mom's door, I had to hold back tears. I didn't want my mom to be concerned about me because at this point my mom's neck was really starting to hurt. But it was scary. Very scary. It was so close.
Kinda hard to see but yeah:

When the tow trucks and cops came, everyone kept asking my mom if they should call an ambulence for her so she could go get checked out. By looking at our van you wouldn't think there'd be a survivor.. My mom has whiplash. But she's so stubborn she didn't want to go. My dad is trying to convince her right now to go. She thinks it'll be a waste of time. My neck hurts too but not as much as hers. My arm from my shoulder to my wrist hurts more. It's such a odd feeling. Like it was beaten or something. I also have a bruise on my chest from where the seatbelt held me back from the force. I just realized what I good thing I had been wearing it. Usually I put it on after a few minutes of being in the car but tonight I had put it on as soon as I sat in.
We have a rental car now. The van is undrivable. The tow-truck driver was so nice. The rental car lady was so nice. The policewoman was so nice (she told us it's not our fault and we have nothing to worry about because there were witnesses in the other cars). The only not nice person was the lady who hit us. I can't believe she didn't even ask my mom if she was okay.
I feel so lucky.
My mom is okay.
I came home and cried in the shower.
When you're done reading this please make a quick prayer to thank God for looking after us. Thanks.
CURRENT MOOD: It hasn't really sunk in yet.. but definitely grateful.
19 Comments:
At 11:10 p.m.,
Nauman said…
Wow, subhanallah, that you guys are okay. I was only on the phone with you 5-10 minutes before that too! Wow... I'll try and give you a call tomorrow inshallah to see how you're doing.
May Allah (SWT) keep you and your family safe...
At 12:17 a.m.,
Umar said…
wow.
alhumdullilah, you guys are ok.
your mom should definitely get her whiplash checked out. God forbid, it might develop into something worse down the road.
Then, sue the woman for physical injuries.
(btw, was this close to Pacific Mall?... I ask because it's on Steeles and there's a GO station there)
At 1:30 a.m.,
Asmaa said…
Aaliya, I hope you and your mom are doing okay. It seems as though that could have been a fatal crash!Alhamdulillah that you guys didn't get hurt!
Everything happens for a reason, maybe Allah (swt) wanted you to reflect on this. I agree with Umar, the woman definitely needs to be punished. In more ways than one.
At 9:50 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Alhumdulilah, Allah(SWA) ka laak laak shukar that you and your mom are ok.. def do some dhikr and pray some nafls.. and haan u should def get ur mom to go to the hospital AND go yourself (the lady that hit you, her insurance should cover any medical care you need INCLUDING physical therapy for your neck). if not.. hmm.. im not a lawyer yet, but i can pretend and call her and threaten her with a lawsuit! =Þ
take care, and may Allah(SWA) watch over you and your family... inAllah ma'a sabiroon.
At 5:50 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
hi liya
OMG! I hope u r all doing okay! what a shocker to come out of nowhere! But I remember the exact same scenerio happened to my older sister and me three years ago. She was 17 and had just gotten her G2,I was 16. We both were going to SQ1 to get tickets for 'Devdas' (Indian blockbuster) cuz it was the first day it had come out. So, our mom told us to get the tickets and come back home, she was so happy that this was the first time we were going somewhere alone. Anyway, it was such a sunny day, and we were on Hurontario Rd, when all of a sudden out of nowhere we heard a BAMB...scary...the guy was coming into our lane and forgot to look at his blind spot and rammed right into us. It was on my side...but subhanallah nothing happened to either one of us. We were both fine. He payed to fix our car and we didnt take it through insurance tho. He was a nice guy. Hope everything works out for you! I'll be praying for your family !May Allah (SWT) be with u...
At 7:35 p.m.,
'liya said…
Nauman, thanks, yes sure call me today, but I thought you were going to Ottawa?
Umar, Steeles is really long and I'm all the way on the other side.. in Brampton! But my mom is going to the doctor tomorrow cause my grandfather has convinced her that she might have problems later on and then nobody to blame.
Asmaa, thanks, I think so too, I might have felt differently if she was a little concerned about us but since she wasn't she gets no sympathy from me.
Me, thank you, I definitely did some praying..
good to hear from a future lawyer, I might need you later on :D
Faiza, yeah that's pretty much how it was, only it was dark so it really came out nowhere. But we're definitely going through insurance cause there was so much damage - the wheel where she hit us was totally broken - and well every witness said it was her fault!
At 10:30 p.m.,
nat said…
I remember getting into an accident in OAC on my way to school we got rear ended BADLY, so badly that our car plummetted into the car infront of us. I just remember looking at my grandfather who was driving and he was turning blue, the poor man hit his chest so hard on the steering wheel that he couldn't breathe. I just started crying and I was so hysterical, I hated the young punk that hit the car and I was so bitter. It happens in the blink of an eye, I have to addmitt, even I have been through some close calls, and its not on purpose, but you'll look down for a second and in that second something horrible can happen. May Allah keep you and your family from any harm.
At 8:55 a.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :)
*Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'Alameen*
Awww 'liya!! I'm soo happy you're okay! My goodness, reading your post really brought back scary memories :( I was also in a similar car accident like that and I've always looked at my seatbelt in a different light since then. They really are lifesavers!! Alhadumdulillah we were okay too but when my mom came to meet us, the second I saw her, I just broke down. *sigh*
A word of advice though, MAKE SURE your mom gets herself checked out AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I don't know how much I can stress that. She may not want to do it right now but she does not understand what could happen in the longrun. Just ask my mom. She was in a car accident a loooong time ago, thought there was nothing wrong with her and now since then, she's been suffering from severe back muscle problems :( You don't understand how much I hate seeing my mother in so much pain.
So please hun, make sure she gets checked out properly :D Insha'Allah.
So happy you're well *hugs*
And I think we seriously need to meet up one last time at York ;)
At 1:26 p.m.,
'liya said…
Nuffy, thanks, I don't remember your accident, maybe because it seems so long ago, but that's how I felt exactly, knowing you're okay but then seeing someone you love so much and thinking they're not okay.. not a nice feeling .. yeah I feel bitter .. but it wasn't just looking down, I do that sometimes too but this lady probably thought "oh I can make it through the red light nobody will be turning".. or something like that not thinking. We know she was lying about trying to brake cause she was going way too fast to have been trying.
Squeeky, thanks, for sure now I'm always going to put my seatbelt on right away! Is there anything your mom can do about her pain or is it too late now? Inshallah she'll get better soon. Well we convinced my mom to go today cause her neck and shoulders were still bugging her so she went to the walk-in clinic and the docter gave a her a presecription for some muscle relaxing thing but he also said she needs to go see our family doctor so she going to go during the week (I'll make sure of it).
I agree we should definitely meet up one day - how about after exams?
At 2:23 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
OH MY GOD!!....Thank God ur okay....god my heart dropped when i first read that line in ur post bout tha accident..hit too close to home since my accident was only 3 months ago....well im so glad that both u and ur mom are okay...i kno its tha worst feelin in tha world..and i acted tha way ur mom did bout tha car..i freaked out cuz my baby was damaged real bad..but i think that was my initial reaction so i didnt havta think bout nethin else....you both should go to physical therapy becuz ull be in alot of pain aftahwards..even now my back and neck still hurt...inshallah tho u guys will b perfectly fine.....well my prayers are wit u..and lemme kno how ur doin okay?!....
At 5:11 p.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :)
That would be delightful hun, insha'Allah
At 11:29 p.m.,
'liya said…
Hi Samia, well it seems like everyone is getting into accidents this year, I was just talking to another friend and she told me she got into one this week too! :S Btw did you get a new car yet? I can't remember if you told me.. My mom is going to our family doctor tomorrow I think but she is feeling better. Me, well I feel okay really, I just feel a little sore when I'm praying.. hmm I don't really move around enough otherwise to feel anything else. And I have no time to go anyway after the stupid teeth thing took away half my life!! I'm still not recovered from that lol.
Squeeky, looking forward yay! Let's set a date closer to exams over.
Everyone: Thanks for your caring and concern, I appreciate it :)
I probably won't be able to update my blog for a bit cause I'm in crunch time right now so yeah let me finish a couple of essays and then we'll see "sigh." I have something due every day for the next 2 weeks.
At 9:33 p.m.,
FU said…
oh no!!!
not someone else!!! i'm so sorry it happend to you too... i'm still recovering from mine.. the feeling in my left arm still hasn't returned completely and i just had my mri last week.
inshallah evting will be fine. go to the doctor and rest!!!
take care,
fu
At 10:41 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Oh pilly I'm so glad you called me after it happend so that I wouldnt have to read this and get worried!! Your so luck that everything is ok with you, I hope your mom is 100% asap. Do you still have the rental car? The insurance company gives one untill your car is fixed right???
At 9:16 a.m.,
'liya said…
Ahy, thanks, hope everything with your car goes okay - good choice in silver :) I didn't know blue was a cop magnet, I thought that was red/yellow?
I haven't been on msn lately because I'm just so busy. Lot's of stuff due this week and exams soon.. I want to end this year as un-stress free as possible, no time for chatting!
Fu, thanks, you're back on my blog yay :D Well I think your accident was a lot worse.. I didn't have to go to the hospital, only the car was really smushed. I hope YOU get better soon and you should rest too!
Agent, yes we still have the rental car...... Don't you remember I told it's a Ferarri! The doors go up :P
....Wanna ride ;)
At 9:20 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At 9:47 p.m.,
'liya said…
:D
At 1:03 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Good luck.
At 11:16 p.m.,
'liya said…
Anonymous, thanks :)
Post a Comment
<< Home