To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't blog for awhile cause I'm so crazy busy (and sick) but I had to post this.

Conversation between me and my Professor.

'liya - you asked to talk to me about my mark?
Prof - yes, your presentation was great!
'liya - but then why did you only give me a B?
Prof - because it was TOO GOOD, I don't think you did it yourself
'liya - what!
Prof - It seemed done before, it was too well done, too rehearsed, you knew too much etc.
'liya - (no words because in shock)
Prof - hmmm
'liya - I can't help it if I just worked really hard to make something good!
Prof - hmm well-
'liya - All the information I knew was from my class last year but we didn't even read King Lear last year .. I read it last in high school.. .. and I just applied what I had learned.. ...if you want I can show you all my notes.. I mean I worked so hard on it for so long.. and I even did all the extra stuff with visual examples.. (keeps blabbering on)
Prof - that's okay, I'll change it to an A, I was just testing you.

Yeah so I can't believe he thought it was too good to get an A first! And for the past day I had been so depressed because I was thinking about what I had possibly done wrong because everyone had told me it was great (and so had he)! What a waste of my moping time. At first I was so mad, but then I felt happy -- like that is a good thing right -- well sort of.

This is my favourite prof at York but sometimes he scares me.

Anyways I've been sickly lately (yes again, I know, I know, when is it going to end!!!). I threw up at school yesterday (in the washroom not in class), but I stayed at school because I had another presentation that I had to do and wanted to be done with.. only when I went to that class there was a note on the door saying class was cancelled! I don't know why these things happen to me.

I've thrown up so many times these past few days I'm like an expert on it. It's quite gross, but what can I do - I don't WANT my food to come up. It's nothing contagious, I just well can't eat anything except bread with butter because nothing else is staying down. I'm really starting to like butter... if you keep some of it long enough in your mouth it can taste like anything you wish.

My mom is blaming this on the strong antibiotics I had to take from my wisdom teeth. She thinks they made my stomach really weak. I think so too, and that doesn't make the greatest combination with my period.

I long for the day when I can blog about something happy and cheerful again.

CURRENT MOOD: In too much back pain to have a mood.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:31 p.m., Blogger nat said…

    Hey 'liya, I'm sorry that you're not feeling well but I hope you feel better soon. I once took antibiotics that made me throw up too, and I just discontinued them. I hate throwing up, its so gross plus it looks nasty, it leaves a horrible after taste and it makes your throat burn. Don't worry, school is almost over and then you can relax. :)

     
  • At 6:19 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    That gross taste after throwing up is called hydrochloric acid... it burns because it's not meant to be anywhere but in your stomach. :)

    Get well soon Aaliya... you seem to stress yourself out quite a bit which may contribute to these repeated bouts of sickness... so relax and be happy.

     
  • At 11:26 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Hey this message actually posted! My blog wouldn't let me access it or post anything fr the last 3 days so I'm surprised this worked..

    Nuffy, yeah the feeling I have is just like when I was taking them.. but I'm actually feeling much much better today, thanks! I think even more than I hate throwing up is the feeling of actually feeling like I'm going to, if that makes sense..

    Samira, that's great you met Sara yay! When I look at my blog mapper and see such a big red dot happening in South Africa I feel so happy lol. Definitely a small world :D If you see her again tell her I say hi and that she needs to take some beach pictures cause it's still cold here and I want to look at something nice!

    Nauman, I'm not familiar with the gross aftertaste because like I mentioned I'm the throw-up Queen, that means I always have a glass of water ready to rinse with! Thanks though :) I don't think I stress myself out, I think crazy professors who tell "test me" with B's stress me out.. another thing stresses me out too... but I won't mention it because I'm sure you know what it was from our "brief" msn conversation yesterday in which I cut you off. Sorry about that but it was kinda fun :D

     
  • At 12:52 a.m., Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :)

    Aaliya, hun, I'm worried about you! Sick again? Aww ... that's horrible, especially during this time. I honestly cannot do a single thing when I'm sick, even when I have colds! My mood for studying goes away, very dangerous. Insha'Allah you'll feel better soon.

    "This is my favourite prof at York but sometimes he scares me" hahaha that made me laugh. We all have fave profs *sigh*

    And I HATE throwing up .. makes me cry :(

     
  • At 8:38 a.m., Blogger Becky L said…

    you poor thing! i hope you feel better soon

    i never had an experience with suspected plagerism. though, my mom said when she was in college, a guy stole a paper she had written and turned it in as his own... my mom almost didnt graduate because of it.

     
  • At 10:50 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Squeeky, yeah there always seems to be something wrong with me these days :S I saw you at school the other day but I don't think you saw me, I was in a rush, like I am right now!! Maybe I do need to calm down and breathe a little..

    Becky, Yeah I can't believe he thought I had maybe plagerized it.. but he seemed to think I had plagerized my OWN work lol. Anyways I hadn't even if I could, there was absolutely no info about my topic anywhere, like I told him, I can't help it if I actually worked hard to make something good! I think he was kinda joking though, he's weird like that :S

     
  • At 12:54 p.m., Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :)

    Aww you saw me at York? haha Yes, please do take a breather :P I've been going to York every day because I want to savor each moment ... everyone thinks I'm crazy but I don't care :(

     
  • At 7:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck.

     
  • At 10:12 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Squeeky, I want to savor each moment too - I hope I have time to lol

    Anonymous, thanks....

     
  • At 1:25 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    aha Ahy well a lot as you can probably tell.. tons of work.. and here I am typing comments lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home