A couple of random things ..
#1. I'm done my two assignments and they're in the mail and on the way to my professor's house. I emailed my professor to tell her they're in the mail and on the way to her house. I hope they don't get lost in the mail and on the way to her house. Because I used 5 stamps to mail them so that they can get to her house. They were that heavy. If the post office people know what's good for them they better get them IN THE MAIL ON THE WAY TO HER HOUSE asap!
Actually one assignment is really cute (a brochure I made) so I also sent a return envelope with 5 stamps so that she can send it back to me. 5 + 5 = 10 stamps. All to get there safetly in the mail to her house.
#2. I'm in the process of working on one of my online course essays. I changed my mind about the topic 3 times, so after three days all I have done is the introduction/thesis. I might change my mind one more time but I hope I don't.
#3. I love my brother because I love him. The other day I was showing my mom one of my essays from the year and I was complaining because my professor hadn't written any comments (I love comments, good ones, not bad ones). I told my mom that he likes to joke that he marks us based on our looks. My brother then came up to me, hugged me, and said "well then 'liya should have gotten 100%!" - get it? I know it's sweet. He surprises me by being a nice person once in awhile.
#4. My teaching block has been pushed back a week because of scheduling conflicts. I told my mom and she was like "but it's art, how can students fall behind!" lol. In a way I'm happy because I'll get more time to finish my online course but also in a way I'm annoyed because that makes me have to wait longer to get done. I guess you could say I'm happily-annoyed. I now will officially end school on June 2nd. I knowwww that seems far.
#5. Brooke was out on American's Next Top Model. I'm disapointed because she was the prettiest. I think I have a good eye for judging people because even the judges all agreed that she was the prettiest - but she just didn't know how to pose like a model. The other girls are just okay. I'll probably still watch though.

Bye-bye Brooke
#6. I usually read whatever stands out to me on http://sympatico.msn.ca/ when I get on the net. This morning I saw an article called Annoying Things Couples Do and decided to read it to see if any of the things I find annoying with people-in-relationships was in it. I was surprised to see Fu in the picture accompanying the article! Here is the article. I might have linked this before in a previous post, I forget - but it seems familiar. Anyways now I really feel as though I know someone famous. One day we'll be watching him on TV!
#7. I thought this site was really weird: http://www.celebrities-eating.com/
#8. Before I started typing this post I realized I have a computer routine that I want to break just for a change: I read stuff on http://sympatico.msn.ca/ then I read stuff on http://www.msn.com/ then I check my email, then I check my other email, then I check my other email, then I check my other email, then I check my York email, then I check my York Ed email, then I read the York Ed conference, then I check a few of the people's blogs that I read in the order that they appear on Nauman's sidebar. Then I check blogs that I read that aren't on his sidebar. Then I open my books and get to work.
My change means tomorrow I'll do stuff in the opposite and do some work before all the checking. Or maybe I'll take my phone break first and then do work and then do checking. Or maybe I'll extend my phone break to all day, there's someone really important I need to call.
#9. The first four email accounts I mentioned are all hotmail accounts divided for various people like one for friends, one for school related things, one for job related things etc - that's why so many. The names fit accordingly to suit the purpose. Well now that I'm going to be all mature and graduated I think it would be wise to combine all my email accounts into one because that seems like something a mature and graduated student would do. A mature and graduated student wouldn't have so many accounts. A mature and graduated student probably wouldn't have a blog. I may soon be a graduated student but will I ever be mature?
Anyways any suggested for a name? I don't want it to sound boring like first name _ last name. But I don't want it to be dumb like my "teenage" one that I've had since grade 9 because that sounds really stupid when I give it to mature and graduated people.
... .. I really like the phrase "all mature and graduated."
#10. I have 944 Words of the Day in my Words I Like folder in my "teenage" email account. I want to read all 944 sometime eventually. I joined the dictionary mailing lists a couple of years ago because I wanted to use hard words on my sisters to confuse their little brains. I used a couple of words, then got bored. I'm in the mood to be annoying so I'm going start doing that again.
I guess that isn't a very mature/graduated thing to do.
Oh well.
P.S My next post will be about something significant.
CURRENT MOOD: happily-annoyed, what else :D
Actually one assignment is really cute (a brochure I made) so I also sent a return envelope with 5 stamps so that she can send it back to me. 5 + 5 = 10 stamps. All to get there safetly in the mail to her house.
#2. I'm in the process of working on one of my online course essays. I changed my mind about the topic 3 times, so after three days all I have done is the introduction/thesis. I might change my mind one more time but I hope I don't.
#3. I love my brother because I love him. The other day I was showing my mom one of my essays from the year and I was complaining because my professor hadn't written any comments (I love comments, good ones, not bad ones). I told my mom that he likes to joke that he marks us based on our looks. My brother then came up to me, hugged me, and said "well then 'liya should have gotten 100%!" - get it? I know it's sweet. He surprises me by being a nice person once in awhile.
#4. My teaching block has been pushed back a week because of scheduling conflicts. I told my mom and she was like "but it's art, how can students fall behind!" lol. In a way I'm happy because I'll get more time to finish my online course but also in a way I'm annoyed because that makes me have to wait longer to get done. I guess you could say I'm happily-annoyed. I now will officially end school on June 2nd. I knowwww that seems far.
#5. Brooke was out on American's Next Top Model. I'm disapointed because she was the prettiest. I think I have a good eye for judging people because even the judges all agreed that she was the prettiest - but she just didn't know how to pose like a model. The other girls are just okay. I'll probably still watch though.
Bye-bye Brooke
#6. I usually read whatever stands out to me on http://sympatico.msn.ca/ when I get on the net. This morning I saw an article called Annoying Things Couples Do and decided to read it to see if any of the things I find annoying with people-in-relationships was in it. I was surprised to see Fu in the picture accompanying the article! Here is the article. I might have linked this before in a previous post, I forget - but it seems familiar. Anyways now I really feel as though I know someone famous. One day we'll be watching him on TV!
#7. I thought this site was really weird: http://www.celebrities-eating.com/
#8. Before I started typing this post I realized I have a computer routine that I want to break just for a change: I read stuff on http://sympatico.msn.ca/ then I read stuff on http://www.msn.com/ then I check my email, then I check my other email, then I check my other email, then I check my other email, then I check my York email, then I check my York Ed email, then I read the York Ed conference, then I check a few of the people's blogs that I read in the order that they appear on Nauman's sidebar. Then I check blogs that I read that aren't on his sidebar. Then I open my books and get to work.
My change means tomorrow I'll do stuff in the opposite and do some work before all the checking. Or maybe I'll take my phone break first and then do work and then do checking. Or maybe I'll extend my phone break to all day, there's someone really important I need to call.
#9. The first four email accounts I mentioned are all hotmail accounts divided for various people like one for friends, one for school related things, one for job related things etc - that's why so many. The names fit accordingly to suit the purpose. Well now that I'm going to be all mature and graduated I think it would be wise to combine all my email accounts into one because that seems like something a mature and graduated student would do. A mature and graduated student wouldn't have so many accounts. A mature and graduated student probably wouldn't have a blog. I may soon be a graduated student but will I ever be mature?
Anyways any suggested for a name? I don't want it to sound boring like first name _ last name. But I don't want it to be dumb like my "teenage" one that I've had since grade 9 because that sounds really stupid when I give it to mature and graduated people.
... .. I really like the phrase "all mature and graduated."
#10. I have 944 Words of the Day in my Words I Like folder in my "teenage" email account. I want to read all 944 sometime eventually. I joined the dictionary mailing lists a couple of years ago because I wanted to use hard words on my sisters to confuse their little brains. I used a couple of words, then got bored. I'm in the mood to be annoying so I'm going start doing that again.
I guess that isn't a very mature/graduated thing to do.
Oh well.
P.S My next post will be about something significant.
CURRENT MOOD: happily-annoyed, what else :D
7 Comments:
At 4:12 p.m.,
FU said…
:-) maybe ppl will ask me for my autograph soon... hahahahhaha
At 7:38 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Well i been graduated for a year now...and im still workin on that mature thing...lol..its not all that its cracked up to be....so i dun mind being immature for a lil longer...at least until i absolutely havta b on my own and start payin tha water bill...lol..newayz congrats...and im comin for a week and a half in May so we should meet up again and this time i have ur numba safely stored in my phone...=)....well ill let yah kno when i get there when i kno exactly..iite well talk to yah latah
At 10:00 p.m.,
'liya said…
Fuad: I'd ask you! :D
Samia: I feel as though I haven't talked to you in awhile! For sure we'll do something when you come. Just let me know ahead so I can plan because I'll be in my teaching block then and I can bet my teacher will make me do all sorts of extra work :S
At 11:22 p.m.,
Nauman said…
At least the sidebar on my blog(s) are good for something. :)
At 10:22 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At 1:03 a.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :)
1)Your brother is real cute masha'Allah awwww My brother has thrown certain comments like that to me as well, shocks me each time :D
2)You organize your email addresses? Wow, that's pretty nifty.
3)Who wants to be mature?! Ewww!
G'luck with everything!
At 1:37 a.m.,
'liya said…
Nauman, yes :)
Squeeky, 1. yes he can be cute sometimes - that's sometimes. Most of the time he's a really mean boy. Actually the only time I've observed him to be really nice is right when he gets home from school he comes and gives me a hug otherwise I don't let him use the computer :D I guess I'm a mean sister but I love getting the hugs from him.
Post a Comment
<< Home