V
V is the letter for a lot of great stuff, not just V for Vendetta.
V is also for nice stuff like velvet, vacations, visual arts, vaseline, and Vermeer (a painter!).
What's your favourite "V" word?
I saw the movie V for Vendetta awhile ago and have been meaning to say something about it because it stood out as something different from your average movie. If you've seen it you'd probably understand what I mean, if you haven't then I suggest you see it because it was really good. What I especially liked was the guy's secret house because I recognized so much of the art he had stolen - all famous paintings and stuff - I would love to live in a little hidden house like that ..but that doesn't really have to do with the movie. It had a good message to it too: an American government big brother kind of thing to watch out for. I don't feel like explaining it. Let's just say the movie was beautifully made. And a little scary (I'm not the biggest fan of people in masks .. yes I know he WAS the good guy).
I leave you with the most fantastic alliteration I've ever come across (from the movie):
V: This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
Actually, as the school year draws to a close (well as it slowly does lol), now seems to be a good time to say that I owe a big thank you to my essay checker who without him I wouldn't be getting the great marks that I did. He's stayed up countless nights to help me and read over my papers (which for him can sometimes be on the boring side).. meticulously reading word-for-word looking for any problems and bringing them to my attention because he knows how much I love perfection. He's helped me with last minute technical problems (the powerpoint incident), and has helped search hours for unknown pictures (art exams), done the last minute rushed cut and paste things (art assignments), helped search for library books when I'm not even there (for essays), and countless more. To me, he's brilliant and he has a very special place in my heart. He's the only one I'd ever stay up until 4a.m helping to do essay footnotes in APA style (I hate footnotes and APA style..MLA is MUCH better). He's also the only one I'd research things like "outsourcing" for. Anyways, let's just call him V :D
P.S If you see the movie with someone who isn't an English major then don't bother to say something like "oh wow what fabulous alliteration" - they won't understand you lol.
P.P.S V is also for yucky stuff like volleyball and varicose veins
CURRENT MOOD: Very very very.. [insert some V word here because I can't think of any]
V is also for nice stuff like velvet, vacations, visual arts, vaseline, and Vermeer (a painter!).
What's your favourite "V" word?
I saw the movie V for Vendetta awhile ago and have been meaning to say something about it because it stood out as something different from your average movie. If you've seen it you'd probably understand what I mean, if you haven't then I suggest you see it because it was really good. What I especially liked was the guy's secret house because I recognized so much of the art he had stolen - all famous paintings and stuff - I would love to live in a little hidden house like that ..but that doesn't really have to do with the movie. It had a good message to it too: an American government big brother kind of thing to watch out for. I don't feel like explaining it. Let's just say the movie was beautifully made. And a little scary (I'm not the biggest fan of people in masks .. yes I know he WAS the good guy).
I leave you with the most fantastic alliteration I've ever come across (from the movie):
V: This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
Actually, as the school year draws to a close (well as it slowly does lol), now seems to be a good time to say that I owe a big thank you to my essay checker who without him I wouldn't be getting the great marks that I did. He's stayed up countless nights to help me and read over my papers (which for him can sometimes be on the boring side).. meticulously reading word-for-word looking for any problems and bringing them to my attention because he knows how much I love perfection. He's helped me with last minute technical problems (the powerpoint incident), and has helped search hours for unknown pictures (art exams), done the last minute rushed cut and paste things (art assignments), helped search for library books when I'm not even there (for essays), and countless more. To me, he's brilliant and he has a very special place in my heart. He's the only one I'd ever stay up until 4a.m helping to do essay footnotes in APA style (I hate footnotes and APA style..MLA is MUCH better). He's also the only one I'd research things like "outsourcing" for. Anyways, let's just call him V :D
P.S If you see the movie with someone who isn't an English major then don't bother to say something like "oh wow what fabulous alliteration" - they won't understand you lol.
P.P.S V is also for yucky stuff like volleyball and varicose veins
CURRENT MOOD: Very very very.. [insert some V word here because I can't think of any]
13 Comments:
At 3:59 p.m.,
Nauman said…
Ooooh, oooh, I know what V really stands for! ;)
It's always good to have someone in your life who can help alleviate the burden we carry... though the argument could be made that you have to do the same for that person... are you? :)
At 9:12 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
V is for vigorous!! Like I feel vigorous! V is such an important letter, what would the alphabet do without it
At 10:28 p.m.,
nat said…
This was a Very cleVer post! I enjoyed reading it, it was Very cute :)
A + V foreVer and eVer!
At 11:06 p.m.,
'liya said…
Nauman: Ooooh you're correct in what you think you know lol. Yo answer your question, yes I am..I think :S
Agent: What would the alphabet be without V and what/where would I be without V :P
Nuffy: hehe thanks :D Very Very much!
At 12:47 a.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :)
Awww, that's so sweet!
I must say, that was a really good post :) Good job! I enjoyed it. Never realized how special "V"s could be hehe
But "R"s are the best!!
At 10:59 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
I dont like this new weather girl! Her head is too big and her clothes dont change!
Hmmm i'm not sure what you would be with out V. Possibly a nut who loves bunnies.
At 6:59 p.m.,
'liya said…
Squeeky: Thanks! I had fun typing this one! So "R" is your favourite letter hmm ... well what good stuff starts with "R"? (besides your name of course lol). And ribbon!
Agent: She isn't a weather girl! Do you see a temperature reading anywhere? It's me! I'm standing by Lake Ontario! Well I have to fix her up a bit still.. The WeatherPilly is still there I just moved her down a bit because from observation I can tell that with the summer months she'll be wearing less and less and I don't think such young eyes like yours should see that lol.
I'll introduce my new representative of me in my next post!
And about the nut who loves bunnies.. I might say something about that too - only there's just ONE bunny!
At 7:14 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
are you and "V" gonna get married? and where did u meet?
At 11:35 p.m.,
'liya said…
Anonymous: Nooooooo I'm married to MB!
:D
At 11:13 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
ooooooooohhhhhhhh
At 11:14 p.m.,
'liya said…
Hey Anonymous, look my last message appears EXACTLY 12 hours later than yours!
At 3:27 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
V is also for vaporize..
and ya better do it soon :-)
Poof!
At 4:38 p.m.,
'liya said…
Zainab!!??? Is that you?? How did you find my blog!! Wait, it can't be her.. she's wasn't home at that time... but who else goes by "zee" :S
Post a Comment
<< Home