Yawn
I'm already behind on my 15 days supposed plan thanks to me getting sick. I think I should call this the year of my sickness because I've never gotten sick this many times before. Anyways, sick people don't like to type much so here's something interesting to keep you occupied:
Click HERE to go to an interesting site and find out when and what your name has been ranked in use over the years. In 2004 my name was # 94 on the list - that's with the "h" at the end though.
I like how crazy it's set up because it has this graph that moves all over the page. You have to type your name by the black arrow at the top. And you can move your mouse all over the thing. It kept me busy for awhile just playing with it - because you know sick people also like to waste time instead of trying to get better.
Note: There's mostly English names because it's an American site and they're probably scared to have anything Other in there. In fact you probably won't find anybody's names from your family if you don't have an English name so like just type in Jack and Jill or whatever and have fun :D
CURRENT MOOD - Sickly AGAIN.. and my whole family went to my grandma's house for a fun day while I'm home alone .. just me and my broken tummy. How fun. At least my mom left me some steak for dinner. Sick people love steak!
Click HERE to go to an interesting site and find out when and what your name has been ranked in use over the years. In 2004 my name was # 94 on the list - that's with the "h" at the end though.
I like how crazy it's set up because it has this graph that moves all over the page. You have to type your name by the black arrow at the top. And you can move your mouse all over the thing. It kept me busy for awhile just playing with it - because you know sick people also like to waste time instead of trying to get better.
Note: There's mostly English names because it's an American site and they're probably scared to have anything Other in there. In fact you probably won't find anybody's names from your family if you don't have an English name so like just type in Jack and Jill or whatever and have fun :D
CURRENT MOOD - Sickly AGAIN.. and my whole family went to my grandma's house for a fun day while I'm home alone .. just me and my broken tummy. How fun. At least my mom left me some steak for dinner. Sick people love steak!
10 Comments:
At 2:15 p.m.,
Roman said…
So that link is pretty cool. It turns out my name has constantly been on the rise since the mid-eightys.
I`m thinking it`s probably because of me being born around this time.
I remember even my grade 2 teacher named her child after me.. I think her name was Miss Villareal. Looking back in retrospect it`s kinda weird. But I was such a good student even i`d name my kid after me if i had myself as a student..
did that make sense.. hmm probably not..
cheerio
At 3:37 p.m.,
Asmaa said…
Haha Biryani man, your name isn't common at all!
Well, not the pronunciation or meaning behind it anyways :P
Yeah, my name wasn't anywhere on the list. Oh well, not a problem.
At 8:27 p.m.,
'liya said…
Brother biryani: I'm not sure what your real name is, but I'm pretty sure it isn't Biryani because that would just be sad.. so I can't say anything but it must be really great if you even have teachers wanting to name their kids after you lol.
I think my name is pretty fantastic too :D
Asmaa, you know Biryani's real name? Tell! :) Out of my family only my brother and I were on the list. His name was way at the bottom though. I guess if it were including the whole world, his name would probably be in the top 10.
At 11:27 p.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :)
Aww Aaliya! Sick again? I hope it's very temporary, I can tell from your writing :( Insha'Allah.
And concerning the link, I'm not even going to attempt to search "Rafia" haha
At 1:55 p.m.,
'liya said…
Ahy: Am I supposed to give you advice lol .. get back to those books, you're almost done!
Squeeky: Well maybe don't try Rafia but you can try Bob or Jane or Elizabeth - it's an interesting graph!! hehe
Ohh Man!: Thanks I'm feeling better today yay :D
At 2:03 p.m.,
Nauman said…
I tried alot of different names - I noticed that names such as Gaylord, Homer, Bart, Marge, etc.. were no longer being used by parents to name their kids. :)
My name wasn't there but there were a few Muslim names there: Mohammed, Ahmad, Aaliyah, Leila, Aisha, etc.
At 2:37 p.m.,
Roman said…
What's wrong with being named biryani??
At 6:31 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
hmmm I liked moving around on that chart it was a lot of fun. The closest I came to my name was Victor.
At 7:17 p.m.,
'liya said…
Nauman, I don't mean to pick on you or anything but there's no such thing as "muslim names" .. what you listed were arabic names.
As for the names that you mentioned are not in use so much anymore.. maybe you should bring them back into use. Give your children names like that and I'm sure they'll have lots of friends (however if you name your child after the first name you suggested then my children will not be friends with yours) :D
Brother Biryani, there's nothing wrong with being named Biryani - if that's your real name then well I guess maybe your parents were very hungry when they named you? Now that I think of it, it actually sounds cute lol.
Ohh man!, good luck on your exams! Will look forward to reading your new blog :D
Agent, you make it sound like you were dancing! You don't look like a Victor though. Hey don't you have a friend name Victor? That sounds familiar.. the one I always get mixed up with hmmmmmm...
At 10:11 a.m.,
Nauman said…
You're right though those names are almost always used by Muslims and are thus referred to as Muslim names by some people.
Either way, you're right...
Post a Comment
<< Home