Being a Teacher
I'm not even close to being done my placement and I'm TIRED. The one thing that I'm already dreading for the future is waking up early regularly. You know I really think high school students would do better in school if the day started later. Like I observe my sister and she's not even functioning properly when she eats breakfast and then look at me - I'm the same! Ugh. Waking up at 6:30 a.m. sucks. Everything else is fine. Except when I come home I want to sleep. And I'm really tired of being a student teacher, I want to be a TEACHER.
I'm sorry to be complaining so much but it seems like everyone around me is done and ready for the summer while I'm still finishing my school year. My sister has already started summer school.. my brother is already planning his June birthday party .. and here I am all tired still with half an essay to go, 1 exam, and 17 more days of practise teaching. It's been a long year, really it has.
The good news is that Peel opens jobs up to new teachers on Friday. The bad news is that they did a first-round of hiring teachers already with experience. Please pray that there are still some jobs left! So far most of the jobs have been for elementary and junior teachers but I've held back from applying to anything grades 7-8 because I don't see myself teaching that level. I want to be happy in my first year teaching and don't want to be one of those grouchy teachers unhappy with what they got. And so I passed down applying for jobs at Fletcher's Creek, W. G. Davis, and the like..
One of my students told me I looked different today and asked whether I had gained some weight :(
CURRENT MOOD: tired!.. and .. only.. a.. few.. short.. hours.. before... I.. have to wake up again..
I'm sorry to be complaining so much but it seems like everyone around me is done and ready for the summer while I'm still finishing my school year. My sister has already started summer school.. my brother is already planning his June birthday party .. and here I am all tired still with half an essay to go, 1 exam, and 17 more days of practise teaching. It's been a long year, really it has.
The good news is that Peel opens jobs up to new teachers on Friday. The bad news is that they did a first-round of hiring teachers already with experience. Please pray that there are still some jobs left! So far most of the jobs have been for elementary and junior teachers but I've held back from applying to anything grades 7-8 because I don't see myself teaching that level. I want to be happy in my first year teaching and don't want to be one of those grouchy teachers unhappy with what they got. And so I passed down applying for jobs at Fletcher's Creek, W. G. Davis, and the like..
One of my students told me I looked different today and asked whether I had gained some weight :(
CURRENT MOOD: tired!.. and .. only.. a.. few.. short.. hours.. before... I.. have to wake up again..
8 Comments:
At 1:00 a.m.,
American Muslim 1983 said…
I wanted to be a teacher at one time... Still do actually... If only I had enough time in my life to accomodate the classes needed to get a degree in education I would do it... Perhaps down the road inshAllah...
At 8:11 p.m.,
'liya said…
American Muslim 1983:
Aww InshAllah :)
It's a great job! Maybe you could do the classes part-time? I think some people in my program were doing that.
At 9:54 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
theres 2 anony commenters, the last one was'nt me!
At 10:25 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I think that you need some relaxation time! After that time maybe you should start applying for any position that you are qualified for. Like just incase you dont get n e thing at least you will have some thing!! Come on Pilly I think your being too picky.
At 10:48 a.m.,
Asmaa said…
You know Aaliya, there's a lot of barakah in the early morning :)
Narrated Sakhr al-Ghamidi: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "O Allah, bless my people in their early mornings." When he sent out a detachment or an army, he sent them at the beginning of the day. Sakhr was a merchant, and he would send off his merchandise at the beginning of the day; and he became rich and had much wealth. (Sunan Abu Dawud)
But, getting up in the morning is still really hard if you're not used to it. But yeah, if you get up at Fajr then decide to do some work, you'll see just how productive you are - more so than if you work at night :D
Anyways, my rant ends here. I think you'll be a good teacher InshaAllah.
At 5:43 p.m.,
'liya said…
Anonymous: huh?
Agent: I'm not being too picky! You're just sticky. And icky.
Revolutionary Blogger: Thanks! I'll check yours out :)
Asmaa: So true, but still it's hard! Even when I wake up early my eyes only fully open around around 10:00. Maybe something's wrong with me.
At 1:26 a.m.,
Nauman said…
I find that I operate much better in the evening and night than I do during the early morning. That's one thing I prefer about taking classes in the evening...
At 11:02 a.m.,
'liya said…
Nauman: Me too :)
Post a Comment
<< Home