We Live in a Scary World
Someone tried to "kidnap" my sister today when she was walking from Ryerson to my grandparent's store. The guy grabbed her and she had to fight to get away. She was too shocked to scream but even if she did there was nobody on the street to hear her. I can't believe this happened. And it wasn't even dark.
My parents don't want her to do summer school evening courses anymore.
CURRENT MOOD: worried.
My parents don't want her to do summer school evening courses anymore.
CURRENT MOOD: worried.
13 Comments:
At 1:42 a.m.,
nat said…
Oh my God, I'm so sorry to hear that happened to your sister. I'm so glad that she got away because if its one thing my father taught me it's to fight if you're ever in that situation. It happened to one of my girlfriends, two guys were trying to pull her into their truck, they were trying to pull her by the hair and pick her up and all she did was kick and bite and scream and finally those bastards gave up. I can imagine how scary it must be, I hate going anywhere without a car at night.. and it's really sad to say that.
At 5:53 a.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum,
Oh dear ... Allah Swt was truly watching over your sister last night. I hope she is doing okay, that must have been frightening :(
Take care, hun
At 7:53 p.m.,
Asmaa said…
>:(
That's terrible! You guys should be careful when you're walking in remote places, it can be really dangerous. SubhanAllah, may Allah (swt) make it easy for you guys.
Whenever my sister used to walk around during the night after school or something, she'd always carry pepper spray in her hand, ready. Not sure if it's legal in Canada or not, but I recommend doing something similar. And say the dua "bismillah tawakaltu 'alAllah..."
At 9:24 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I think its just beter to have a personal alarm on her key chain. She can pretend like shes holding her keys and if something happens she can use it. I dont think she will have the time to reach in her bag and get the spray. I wonder how this is going to effect her late night jogs!
At 10:53 p.m.,
Nauman said…
I'm really sorry to hear that - downtown is a messed up place to be late at night let alone the day.
This explains why you were asking me about whether or not I could give your sister a ride home. I'll have to see what I can do then because this is definitely a serious issue.
At 11:52 p.m.,
Becky L said…
thats so crazy. this world is just crazy...
i just posted at "Just a Quick Question" about this type of situation. The news people were setting up situations about a young girl being kidnapped and no one stopped to help.
peoples indifference in situations like that is almost as bad as the kidnapper himself/herself.
At 2:34 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
:{ that makes me so sad. i hope shes not traumatized :(
At 12:24 p.m.,
'liya said…
Everyone:
Thanks for your concern, she's okay but not okay.. we don't really know much because she doesn't want to talk about it. And she didn't want to go to the police station to report it. My mom told me I'm not allowed to ask her any questions about it even though I want to know more. All I know is someone grabbed her and she fought to get away...
She's brave, I don't know what I would have done in that situation. Probably freeze or something. She's now going to get the campus security to walk her to where she needs to go.
Maybe it's a good idea to take some self-defense classes too.
Well it's a beautiful day today and I just came in from a walk. Even though I live in a pretty safe neighbourhood I made sure to know who was in front of me and who was behind me .. you never know..
So everyone please be safe and look after yourselves.
At 5:04 p.m.,
'liya said…
Kidinme: Thanks :)
At 12:22 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
omg?! shukare Allah(SWA) ka that your sis is ok. You should really report that to the police. There was a guy who was attacking and raping women at the metro near my house.. he would jump the women around the evening/night time, and this is in a major populated area with street lights and everything! Allah(SWA) ka shukar the police finally caught him and locked him away (for life i hope).
insha'Allah your sis is doing well.. she will be in my duas.
me
At 4:47 p.m.,
'liya said…
Thanks Amer :)
At 7:24 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
That is so scary Aaliya. Hope your sister is ok. How old is she? Sadlt, there are some sick people in this world
At 9:35 p.m.,
'liya said…
She's 21. But everything turned out okay .. she's really strong too. I was downtown today and there's definitely a lot of weirdos around there.
Post a Comment
<< Home