"Married people are boring."
There's 22 students in my class...
As you can guess, I went with the summer camp job.
I had to, I felt the children calling my name :D
Student: Ms. C, are you married?
Me: No..
Student: That's good.
Me: Why?
Student: Because married people are boring.
Me: Hmm, thanks.. I guess :S
Even though it'll be more work, I think it'll be more satisfying. And so I cancelled out of the EQAO scoring today. I felt bad doing that at the last minute, but I wanted to make sure that I was happy where I was. And I am. I'm at S t. Veronica, the same school I was at last year - so I'm already familiar with everything. It's nice, I think I'll take some pictures soon. I really like the school, it's new and clean and it reminds me of being a kid. AND I was lucky today to get a very nice teaching assistant - who I hope will remain with me through the whole summer. Having an extra set of hands and someone to talk to makes things so much easier.
Tomorrow we have a half-day trip to Casa Loma. Yup, already we have a trip planned. A bit soon, but I'm happy we have 3 parent volunteers already. Last year we practically had to beg parents to come! I haven't been to Casa Loma since grade one myself and I've always wanted to go and see it because I don't remember much. I do remember thinking it was wonderful to have a castle so close to home. Knowing me, I probably spent a long time afterwards wishing I were a princess or some other girly thoughts.
Anyways, my throat is hurting from speaking so loudly today... I had to let the kids know that I was in charge :) It's so different to be the actual teacher and have all the attention totally focused on you. I was a little nervous right before the kids came in but that went away quickly and I began to have fun... a lot of fun, that even when my "team" badly lost at soccer, I still felt so proud of them for trying (the score was 13-0 hehe). Some of them are just SO cute.
CURRENT MOOD: Hoping to relax and watch some Canadian Idol.
As you can guess, I went with the summer camp job.
I had to, I felt the children calling my name :D
Student: Ms. C, are you married?
Me: No..
Student: That's good.
Me: Why?
Student: Because married people are boring.
Me: Hmm, thanks.. I guess :S
Even though it'll be more work, I think it'll be more satisfying. And so I cancelled out of the EQAO scoring today. I felt bad doing that at the last minute, but I wanted to make sure that I was happy where I was. And I am. I'm at S t. Veronica, the same school I was at last year - so I'm already familiar with everything. It's nice, I think I'll take some pictures soon. I really like the school, it's new and clean and it reminds me of being a kid. AND I was lucky today to get a very nice teaching assistant - who I hope will remain with me through the whole summer. Having an extra set of hands and someone to talk to makes things so much easier.
Tomorrow we have a half-day trip to Casa Loma. Yup, already we have a trip planned. A bit soon, but I'm happy we have 3 parent volunteers already. Last year we practically had to beg parents to come! I haven't been to Casa Loma since grade one myself and I've always wanted to go and see it because I don't remember much. I do remember thinking it was wonderful to have a castle so close to home. Knowing me, I probably spent a long time afterwards wishing I were a princess or some other girly thoughts.
Anyways, my throat is hurting from speaking so loudly today... I had to let the kids know that I was in charge :) It's so different to be the actual teacher and have all the attention totally focused on you. I was a little nervous right before the kids came in but that went away quickly and I began to have fun... a lot of fun, that even when my "team" badly lost at soccer, I still felt so proud of them for trying (the score was 13-0 hehe). Some of them are just SO cute.
CURRENT MOOD: Hoping to relax and watch some Canadian Idol.
10 Comments:
At 10:06 p.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :)
Casa Loma! Aww I remember I loved going there. I also remember a very tall spiral staircase that took you straight to the top ... it was tiring :S
At 2:21 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
You sound like you're having so much of fun!! :)
At 3:14 a.m.,
Bilal said…
Married people are VERY boring:P
At 12:26 p.m.,
Nauman said…
I've never visited Casa Loma and despite knowing where everything is in the Greater Toronto Area, I have no clue where Casa Loma even is.
Married people are boring... the evolution of man is to become more boring as they grow older.
At 5:43 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
depends which married people you are talking about ....
definitely not the "lustful" ones....
if u water (no pun intended!) your garden properly then the plants will grow (no pun intended!) .......if u leave it to die of thirst (no pun intended!) ....then it dries out (no pun intended!) and eventually withers (no pun intended!) ....and boredom sets in....nothing to nuture....
ps: married people have "sex"! .... how boring......!@#$%^&*
At 6:55 p.m.,
'liya said…
Squeeky, I loved it too, all 1.5 hours of it *sigh* too short half-day trips!
Fatima, I am!! I have a great class :D
Bilal, I see that you agree with my 7yr old students :D
Nauman, you agree with him too?!! That may be the evolution of man, but I don't intend for it to be the evolution of women (me!).
Visit the castle, but plan for a whole day!
Fida, hehe, I don't think my student can analyze that far into marriage :D Although, now I wonder if I had said I'm married (which I'm not), would he naturally just assume that I'm boring and not even give me a chance to prove that I'm not!?!
At 10:41 p.m.,
Roman said…
Usually young married couples are cute. I don't know that i'd say they are boring.
i can see it from the kid's point of view. They'd much rather spend time with each other than spending time with the kid playing stuff.
Now that I think about it they'd much rather spend time with each other than with me! Married people ARE boring.
Bir
At 11:44 p.m.,
Asmaa said…
Married people are boring and yet we all aim to get married? How ironic, and what a seemingly sad goal.
At 10:44 p.m.,
'liya said…
Hydroman, quite true, I remember before my uncle got married he had all the time in the world for me and my sister. Then he got married and all the fun ended. Of course they later made babies for us to play with though :D
Asmaa, my goal is to be a FUN married person to prove the kid wrong :D
At 10:59 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
i want to marry _ _ _ _ _ ! but for now i'll wait till she sends the pics..
Post a Comment
<< Home