Watching the big game on a TV in Canada
Gonna watch the Brazil vs France game soon!
*Sigh* the tension in my family is running high...
My dad was disappointed this morning because he wanted England to win against Portugal. My mom was happy that Portugal won though because happy Portuguese people shopping at our store = good business. They're great customers! There's quite a bit of Portuguese here in Brampton if you ignore all the Indians :)
Oh and by the way.. HAPPY CANADA DAY! hehe..
I'm going to a wedding tonight. I don't know why silly people must get married on holidays. Can't they pick a regular Saturday? I wanted to go to the lake and watch the fireworks. Oh well. At least I can stuff my face with food :D
*Sigh* the tension in my family is running high...
My dad was disappointed this morning because he wanted England to win against Portugal. My mom was happy that Portugal won though because happy Portuguese people shopping at our store = good business. They're great customers! There's quite a bit of Portuguese here in Brampton if you ignore all the Indians :)
Oh and by the way.. HAPPY CANADA DAY! hehe..
I'm going to a wedding tonight. I don't know why silly people must get married on holidays. Can't they pick a regular Saturday? I wanted to go to the lake and watch the fireworks. Oh well. At least I can stuff my face with food :D
8 Comments:
At 5:41 p.m.,
nat said…
BYE BYE BRAZIL! I am soo HAPPY they're out! A bunch of bucked tooth, con artists is what they are! Bring back the cup to Europe! wa hooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really want German or France to win it this year :D
At 8:03 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
salaams...
cool blog - where about in canada are u based - smile - live - laugh - and just be yourself - your'e great!
fida . . .
At 11:29 a.m.,
'liya said…
Nuffy, I know you didn't want Brazil to win :) My dad was sad though. I was sad because I wanted to wear my sister's new Brazil shirt (it's not like a soccer shirt, it's a wraparound shirt with a huge Brazil flag). But I'm happy France won now. I was on their side in the beginning :D
Fida, thanks! I'm in Ontario. And please stop by again, I love having South Africans on my blog - they're the best :D
Samira, hehe does Sara really have that many flags? Tell her if she misses Canada so much she should come home! SARA HOPE YOU'RE READING THIS :D
At 6:01 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
since when did u start watching the games!!!! anywayz i have no interest in watching the games any more since brazil is no longer there, but really they do need to invest in braces all of them!!!going to a party tonight ttyl, call me
At 7:36 p.m.,
'liya said…
Aman, that would be hard, seeing how I'm really not quite sure who you are.. please don't wait for my call, but do have fun at the party :D
P.S If you read further back you'd see that I finally gave in to my soccer crazy family and their demands.
At 3:34 a.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum! :D
Hope you had a great weekend!!
At 4:33 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
I want France or Portugal to win now.
Why?
I am doing it for the pure love of Zidane or C.Ronaldo.
And because Portugal seems to be the underdog side *grin*
They keeping getting red and yellow cards..it's funny.
I was sad because I didn't see Brazil go through. But I was quite happy to see France win.
It was the weirdest feeling on Saturday night. I wasn't sure if I should be happy or not.
At 8:07 p.m.,
'liya said…
Squeeky, I did, thanks!! I hope you did too :)
Fatima, that's how my sister felt because she loved both teams. Brazil has always been her favourite but she loves France for Zidane :D We're all going for France now!
Post a Comment
<< Home