To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Teacher's Observations (1)

6-7 year olds sure use the washroom A LOT... due in part to their little bladders I'm sure... though I think some of the boys like to escape class now and then to go throw water on each other - when the teacher can't see them. That's what I gather when they come back to class drenched in water. I prefer not to think that they fell into the toilet or something gross. None of my girls EVER come back wet.

We use the buddy system. That means that if you gotta go, you gotta go with someone. However, my newest rule is: "Friends don't go to the washroom with friends." It makes life easier knowing that they aren't having a party out there while the rest of the class is working diligently on their plural nouns.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:44 p.m., Blogger nosthegametoo said…

    There's something about the Buddy-system when it comes to going to the bathroom.

    Imagine if we still had to use the Buddy-system as adults at work.

    I have a feeling that it might cause come complications.

     
  • At 8:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol...the previous post made me laugh! But...awww...too be young again says I, the 20 year old who is going crazy with summer school! lol...ur class sounds so cute!

     
  • At 9:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ohhhh.....it would be just wonderful to go back to that life and leave all this adult mess behind....lol thats a funny post :)

     
  • At 10:27 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Nosthegametoo: Haha, as an adult, I'd feel a lot safer NOT using the buddy system :D

    Faiza: They are cute! And I love them even though they have to go pee all the time! Anyways, don't worry, your summer school will be over soon right? What are you taking? Hopefully something fun!

    Aman: Aww, after just talking to you I know what YOU mean about going back and leaving all this adult mess behind. But hey, if we went back to that age, you wouldn't know me! (If you did, then I promise you I'd be your washroom buddy!)

     
  • At 8:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i dont understand what the map monitor does?

     
  • At 8:20 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    chicks still use the buddy system! when do u ever see a girl going to the bathroom alone!

     
  • At 12:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm taking physiology (Bio) and philosophy (reason)...but thankfully classes ended on the 9th (yesterday!!!) however, my exam isnt until the 18th so I'm technically not done until the 18. :(
    But atleast I have 3 weeks of holidays ...:)

     
  • At 11:38 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Anonymous: Do you mean my little map with the red dots on the side? It shows where in the world people have visited my blog from :)

    Sara: True.. but then I always feel scared going to public washrooms alone anyway. Especially in malls when there's nobody in there. I always ask V to wait outside while I check it out to make sure there's no crazy people lurking inside.

    Faiza, Aww yuck those don't sound too fun! InshAllah you'll do well on your exams. Don't worry 3 weeks is pretty long so you can enjoy yourself all you want to then. But I'm sure those 3 weeks will go by really quickly :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home