Let's Go To The Ex!
One of my favourite places to go to in the summer is the C.N.E. It's like a tradition for my family to go each summer. We go, we fight, we eat, we play, and we come home happy and poor. This time round, it was especially nice because I went twice. First with V, then with V and my family. Both times I had a blast. I wish I could still go once more .. even though we managed to fit in more things than we ever have, there's still some things I didn't get to see. Funny, I didn't even go on any rides..

Me and the lovely new addition to my family.
Meet Sucker.

Let's also hear a nice warm
welcome for Hottie.
Don't ask me why I name things the way I do. There's a long dramatic story behind everything :D
Anyways, I won't bore you with every single aspect of both days... like the shows we saw (a lot!), the yummy food (Tiny Tim's Donuts - yum!), all the things I wanted to buy but didn't (International pavalion and clothes outlets), the games played, the games lost, etc etc etc...
Instead I'll bore everyone with my love of Barbies. Everyone who knows me well knows that I simply LOVE Barbie dolls. I don't think I ever outgrew them and I can spend hours in the Barbie aisle at Toy "R" Us staring up at dolls I want - ask V if you don't believe me. So of course it was like heaven to find out that there'd be a display of 350 Barbie dolls for me to see. And these aren't just regular Barbie dolls, they're all wearing handmade clothing made out of the most interesting things. I'm not crazy, I didn't take a picture of all 350 dolls (I had someone restraining me!). I only took a few photos..
Here's some of my favourites. Enjoy :D

One of the rows.











My ultimate favourite:

*sigh* :D

Me and the lovely new addition to my family.
Meet Sucker.

Let's also hear a nice warm
welcome for Hottie.
Don't ask me why I name things the way I do. There's a long dramatic story behind everything :D
Anyways, I won't bore you with every single aspect of both days... like the shows we saw (a lot!), the yummy food (Tiny Tim's Donuts - yum!), all the things I wanted to buy but didn't (International pavalion and clothes outlets), the games played, the games lost, etc etc etc...
Instead I'll bore everyone with my love of Barbies. Everyone who knows me well knows that I simply LOVE Barbie dolls. I don't think I ever outgrew them and I can spend hours in the Barbie aisle at Toy "R" Us staring up at dolls I want - ask V if you don't believe me. So of course it was like heaven to find out that there'd be a display of 350 Barbie dolls for me to see. And these aren't just regular Barbie dolls, they're all wearing handmade clothing made out of the most interesting things. I'm not crazy, I didn't take a picture of all 350 dolls (I had someone restraining me!). I only took a few photos..
Here's some of my favourites. Enjoy :D

One of the rows.











My ultimate favourite:

*sigh* :D
Well, if you didn't stop reading after I mentioned Barbies, you've gotten this far and I hope you have a restful Labour Day weekend whether you're going back to school, work, or just bumming around the house. I'm off to another family tradition now. The back-to-school-Niagara-Falls-getaway. Bye!
10 Comments:
At 9:04 p.m.,
Becky L said…
by no means am i a barbie fan. but, i will agree that their dresses are really nice.
my favorite: the third one down from the pict of the row of them. She's wearing a white-ish dress with a row of flowers coming down.
Very pretty.
At 11:05 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
nice pictures of the barbie dolls .. my sister used to have them .. and well yess I had to go to her tea parties and what not ..
Why did u name him Sucker?
At 4:33 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I dont know why i'm commenting on this thing when I still didnt recieve the pictures that I was promised. Nevertheless I will give my two cents. Someone forgot to mention who won those stuffed animals for her. On top of that she forgot to mention that I also won a blue doggy too. Also, she didnt mention the best part of both days which was the hypnotist!! She thinks its fake and tried to vulunteer me because shes scared to find out for her self Humph!
At 6:29 p.m.,
'liya said…
Becky: Yes that one was very pretty! The best was the bride -though maybe because I want to be her :D
Nabeel: Hehe you had to go to her tea parties that's cute! Your sister was probably very grateful to have a brother who would play :)
Sucker told me I'm not allowed to tell you why he's named Sucker though - sorry! He said it's a disgusting reason and he'd be ashamed if people knew. You're better off not knowing :D
Real Agent: I'm glad you're still commenting... however, your comment is worth more than the two cents you give it - how about $5.00 - for about the amount of money I gave you to play those games to win me the toys!! Ohhhh that was a good one wasn't it?! And you told me my blog was boring because there was no controversy!!
BTW you KNOW that hypnotist was fake that's why YOU didn't volunteer :D
At 4:45 p.m.,
Umar said…
I was there this past sunday :)
At 7:53 p.m.,
mezba said…
I have never been to the CNE although every year I plan to. Next year, iA. That first picture of you reminds me of Wonderland, the garden in front of the mountain right at the main entrance - everyone who goes to wonderland has to have a picture by that garden!
Hmm Barbie dolls - my sister had quite a few of them, and no I did not have to play tea parties, in fact due to the number of other girls in our building I was often forbidden from entering the room when they were present.
At 8:26 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Hi Liya! OMG...congrats on ur job (I know this is late and all, but I was gone away for a few weeks)!!! Which school do you teach at? I hope you had a nice first day of school! And I love ur dolls. My younger sister (15) has a whole collection of dolls. Her whole room is full of dolls from collectables to Barbies. She's crazy, she even has a my-size barbie doll. (lol)
At 8:48 p.m.,
Asmaa said…
I'm disturbed at your Barbie doll pictures. Very disturbed.
At 7:01 p.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :)
Oh no ... you're a Barbie fanatic. I had to do a seminar on Barbies and their influence hehe very interesting. I miss my barbies though ... those were the days.
Hope you're having a great first week!!
At 8:39 p.m.,
'liya said…
Grr where did my comments go? I thought I replied to everyone yesterday!
Umar: I commented on your picture on your blog. Did you see the Barbies? :D
Mezba: You should definitely go next year. Just make sure you plan everything out because there's so many things to do there, you don't want to be stuck just wandering around. As for the Barbie dolls, you missed out on some great fun. I feel sorry for boys and all their boring toys to play with :D
Faiza: Thanks! Did you travel somewhere? If you did, I hope you had a great time! Your sister sounds like me. I like her :D
More details of my job coming soon...
Asmaa: Hehe.. sorry .. I guess I'm just an obsessed little girl and that can't be helped :)
Squeeky: Hmm a seminar on Barbies.. why didn't I ever get to do such interesting things?!
Post a Comment
<< Home