To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Friday, September 08, 2006

The weekend in review:

Well this is a week old but I wanted to post something about my fantastic long weekend spent with my family in the WATER. Instead of the usual hotel at Niagara Falls (Lundy's Lane, Niagara-on-the-lake, the whole deal), my very nice uncle treated us to a night's stay at Great Wolf Lodge. Incredible place. Crazy prices. Seriously.

Check my lovely pictures!

This was my family's room:
As you can see, it has the regular hotel kinda stuff ... and then it also has a whole section devoted to a kid's camp-like cabin built right into the room.



Closer view of the kid's cabin:
Don't laugh, I slept on the bottom bunk.



So we thought our room was pretty spectacular, but my aunt, uncle, and cousins' room was even grander. They had an UPSTAIRS. No pictures of that, but the dowstairs had two beds, a living area and a bathroom, and the upstairs which looked down upon the downstairs had a bed and bathroom. Enough TVs everywhere too. It was SO unlike anything I've been to.

Amazing details were found all over the hotel:





I fell in love with these Moose-antler-chandelier-type things they had hung all over the place:




And, most importantly, can you say WATERPARK!!!!








The main attraction was a huge indoor waterpark! I had so much fun running around with my cousins acting like a kid. But so did the adults. And although we couldn't get my mom on any slides (too scared), she did enjoy the wavepool and spent a lot of time in the hot whirlpool that led from inside the building to outside:







My favourite was the slides. I had the most fun going with my dad and brother on those family rafts that sit three. But also interesting was this yellow and blue thing my sisters and I called the Toilet Bowl. Can you see why? If you look carefully you can see a person inside. That just shows the size of the thing:



More pics:







Lotsa slides:



Lovely river that goes around the whole place. You float in those big yellow tubes and fall asleep.



IT WAS GREAT!

I'm so glad I decided to go. I was thinking of staying home to stress over the change in my teaching job and make new first day plans but then I realized that this might be the last time I get to spend with my FAMILY as a vacation of sorts before that special ring is put on my finger :D

10 Comments:

  • At 11:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Special ring?

     
  • At 9:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i cant believe u went there!!!!! ive wanted to go there for so long but i know i cant afford it so ill save for when im richer lol.......special ring? how come i dont know about this??

     
  • At 12:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    suffer-ring?

     
  • At 3:18 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    Wtf?! I think u need to email me! Like right now!

     
  • At 12:27 p.m., Blogger Muhammad said…

    Wow!... nice... really :) I like it, wish i could go there sometime, but South Africa too far away :P

     
  • At 6:43 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Anonymous: Special ring?

    Aman: I didn't know you wanted to go.. *sigh* I totally give up on calling you! Tell Taz I say hi :)

    Fida: LOL :D

    Sara: I'd email you, only I'm feeling very lazy right now.. maybe later!? Don't worry, if anything happens you'd be one of the first to know! BTW I went to a lecture with my family and my parents said they met your dad and brother there (I guess I didn't see because I was too busy stuffing my face with ice cream).

    Muhammed: .. and this is also why I can't come all the way to the bottom of the world, I mean SA .. too many good things here :D

     
  • At 10:33 a.m., Blogger FU said…

    oh are u getting engaged?

    congrats if you are!

    looks like it was fun! the cabin looks extremely canadian!

    take care,
    fu

     
  • At 10:42 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Fu:
    Hehehe well not yet..
    I didn't even think of the cabin looking Canadian but now that I think of it, it does.. hmm I wonder if they have cabins like that in other parts of the world? Sara? Do you see any down there in SA?!

     
  • At 5:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:53 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Fatima: ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home