To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

50 cents for popcorn :)

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Um.. scratch that thought. Water! - not rum. A pirate's life is not for me :D

I FINALLY saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

I went to York yesterday to visit this hot guy I know. For old times sake, I took the GO bus.. well, not really, my mom just needed to borrow my car .. but yeah, every Friday a movie is shown for free in one of the big lecture halls and being the cheapies that we are we took full advantage.

It felt like a real movie theatre despite the fact that I rested my Strawberry Banana Smoothie on the side desk thingy that you push up to take your notes on instead of in a cupholder. There were even annoying people in the audience, like this one girl who threw her scrunched up bag of popcorn at some guy who was chatting on his phone. She threw another scrunched up bag at this other person who simply had their phone open. What excitement lol. Some people need to take anger management classes.

The movie itself I thought was just okay - a little confusing at times. I thought the octopus head guy was kinda gross. More interesting to me was the fact that Bramalea GO station has a complete new look for the bus terminal. And there's a new girl who works at the York Lanes Falafal Hut Village (I had wanted to see if the old girl remembered me but she wasn't there). However, when I stepped up to order she said "Wow you have amazing hair, I wish I could get my hair to look like that." And this just after my horrible haircut too! I felt good. But then realized that if she's a stranger, how would she know my hair was just cut - is it that obvious? And also, maybe she was just saying that because this was my second time that night to go get a falafal (hey I was hungry), so maybe she thought I was a good customer and just wanted my money. I didn't feel so great after thinking that.

Overall however, I had a good time. I'm glad I went too because I came home with a pair of headphones that I stole from the hot guy. I like souveniers :D

13 Comments:

  • At 7:22 p.m., Blogger FU said…

    falafels, octopus heads, hot guys, and compliments... sounds like you had a great nite!!!

    this is ur first non teachery post in a while.

     
  • At 11:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fraternizing with hot guys isn't appropriate Islamically. Neither is stealing his headphones.

     
  • At 12:08 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Fu: It's my first non teachery post in awhile but that doesn't mean I didn't spend all day today typing up report card comments, getting marks into the system, and figuring out learning skills. Argh! A BORING Saturday! I wish I didn't leave this report card business for the last minute :S

    Clairissa: You know what, I didn't think the first one was that great either! I guess since everyone around me loved it and loved the second one that's what made me want to see it. The acting was great .. but the story um kinda blah .. is it really that funny? I didn't think so!

    Nauman: You're obviously still upset by our earlier conversation. Get over it, you're being way too sensitive! And you KNOW the hot guy is my future husband. And that I'm allowed to steal his headphones.. because, well, I am! But you're one to criticize me - take that how you want :)

     
  • At 2:13 p.m., Blogger Bilal said…

    Hmm, lotsa undertones on this blogpost:P

     
  • At 9:52 p.m., Blogger Becky L said…

    i was so excited when Pirates 2 came out. i had really liked the first one...

    yeah, i thought the second one was kinda lame. it was very hard to understand and to follow. the plot seemed so sparadic.

     
  • At 7:10 a.m., Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :)

    Oh man ... they were showing Pirates?! All good stuff happens when I'm not there or am unable to make it *sigh* 50 cents for Popcorn, yummy ... hmm, which reminds me, I need to bring in some popcorn for my class so we may observe the change of state haha

    And I'm sure your haircut looks beautiful, as always :)

     
  • At 8:45 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    You still have to email me a picture of your hair cut!

     
  • At 9:29 a.m., Blogger mezba said…

    Girl who threw her scrunched up bag of popcorn at some guy who was chatting on his phone. She threw another scrunched up bag at this other person who simply had their phone open.

    That was the best part of the post. I honestly would enjoy that sight more than the movie. I must be the only guy I know who did not watch Part 2 because I thought Part 1 was too boring (and never finished that either).

    Like the commentator bilal said, lot of undertones to this post.

     
  • At 11:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wha?! i've been at york for four years now and i never knew about free movies on fridays.

    (well, maybe that's b/c i've had fridays off for pretty much every semester)

     
  • At 5:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i loved the ending .. glad to know Captain Barbossa is back !

     
  • At 11:02 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Bilal: :)

    Clairissa: Well everyone in the theatre was laughing throughout except me :S At least I'm not the only one now!

    Becky: I did like the first one better too but from the second one the one part that I have to say I liked was when she kissed him and tied him up - what fabulous betrayal! :D

    Squeeky: Thanks, but I'm still not so sure... everyone has a different opinion - even my students are divided on my hair issues!

    Sara: I wanted to send a picture of my old new haircut because I loved it.. but I don't have any pictures of it now!!! And I'm definitely not taking any pictures of this frightful thing I have growing out of my head now!

    Mezba: She did add to the show! She was sitting right beside us so we got to hear and see all the action up close. The guy she threw it at turned around and swore at her and then she said some things back. Very lovely language :D

    Umar: Well that would explain that than! They had them last year too and I always meant to go but always forgot. Now I don't even go to York anymore and I go. Weird :S

    Nabeel: That's another thing that confused me, I thought he died at the end of the first one.. or was killed or something!

     
  • At 2:14 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    I'm looking forward to coming home in 33 days only to see your frightful haircut!!! I'm coming straight to your house from the airport! How cold is it there? My mom mailed me autumn leaves and they're still colourful!

     
  • At 5:09 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Clairissa: Yes!

    Sara: Yes! No! (as in yes come home, but no don't come straight to my house).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home