To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bad Hair Day/Week/ Life???

I HATE my new new haircut.

Remember my new haircut that I was so happy with? Well to keep it looking good I decided to get it trimmed, even though when I went to make my appointment I was told that my hairdresser was still on her honeymoon. I guess I was just tired and not thinking clearly because I decided to take a chance and go with someone new. I mean, how bad can a trim be? The answer: Bad! It's a whole different hairstyle now... And I hate it!

I should have known when the lady told me that she learned a new German technique that requires putting your head upside down with your hair hanging over your lap to be cut. So with my head bent over, she gathered all my hair together in her fist and she snipped it all in one lump.

Is that a trim I ask you???!!!

My hair now has a life of its own. It sticks up in all these weird places where it should be laying flat down. I can't even leave my house without a headband to hold it down.

I should sue.

13 Comments:

  • At 10:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, really sorry to hear that your new haircut :( From experience...I know how much a bad haircut can suck!! I once went to a new stylist and asked for a trim...she assured me with "Oh dont worry...I know exactly what you want!" I ended up going home with hair that was barely 3 inches long all around!! :S Hopefully your hair grows back really fast!! :) But in the mean time...have you tried using a flat-iron to get your to behave and stay flat?

     
  • At 10:49 p.m., Blogger FU said…

    um..

    have you SEEN my blog lately?

    and you're complaining of hair issues. sheesh.

     
  • At 11:35 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Shireen: I tried straightening it but then it becomes worse because it's so short on top it just sticks out - straight! Tomorrow I'm going to try curling it in and hopefully that will keep it down.

    At least I'm not the only one suffering from this :S

    Fu: Hey! I said your hair looks cute! You have nothing to worry about, everything looks good on guys!!

     
  • At 3:29 a.m., Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said…

    speaking of bad hair, ever since my hair iron broke (sigh, i am so lazy to go shopping for a new one), i've been sporting ponytails or my interpretation of bedhair (read:badhair).

     
  • At 10:42 a.m., Blogger mezba said…

    guess what? since my regular hair cutter was away I decided to go to the cheap place - and now I discovered it's cheap for a reason. Wiarton Willie won't be the only one hibernating this november.

     
  • At 4:06 p.m., Blogger nat said…

    Everyone has hair cut horror stories, don't worry my dear it will grow back :)

    I get my hair cut only once a year on my birthday, it makes me feel glamerous. One thing i've learned is that i hate female hair dressers, why you ask? Because WOMEN DON'T LISTEN! My new hair stylist is John Paul and he is awesome, he does the things I WANT!

     
  • At 9:24 p.m., Blogger No_the_game said…

    Liya,

    I totally agree that you should sue. Because I am on that mood too. I was going one place since I moved Chi town and i went there today. I wished I never went back. The lady who used to cut my hair was gone from place. So they talked me in to allow somebody to chop my hair off. Girl talk about chopping hell out of my hair.

    And I am so mad it effected my mood.

    I am so mad!!!! I wished I had enough money to sue these ppl when they do me wrong :((

     
  • At 9:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmm @ bad hair cut .. that sucks .. i don't let anyone touch my hair other than my hair stylist .. well but it will grow back .. !

     
  • At 11:53 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Saaleha: Buy another one! I don't know how you can live without one, especially now with my new sticking-up-in-the-back style I need mine more than ever and I hardly used to use it before!

    Mezba: Well it looks like girls and boys suffer from the same fate when they fall into the hands of a irresponsible and untalented hairdcutter :S

    Nuffy: Well my usual hairdresser is perfect - I just don't know why she had to go and get married and leave the country when I wanted to get my hair cut - she could have waited!

    No the Game: I was okay at first, I thought it looked a little short but okay.. until my mom saw it and was like what did you do??!! That's when I got mad. I'm still mad. It's a very noticeable change as my students pointed out :S

    Nabeel: Now I've learned my lesson and will unfortunately have to wait for it to start growing before doing anything about it. But my hair takes long to grow...

     
  • At 2:54 p.m., Blogger zee said…

    aww shame man...but dont worry because hair has this really strange property...it grows back;)

    take care.

     
  • At 4:51 p.m., Blogger Asmaa said…

    Hehehe, you haven't seen anything my friend. Try to let one of your siblings cut your hair.

    That's one of my great motivators to wear hijab outside, inside, and all of the time ;)

     
  • At 5:31 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Zee: That's easy for you to say, boys hair probably grows back fast!

    Asmaa: I would NEVER trust any of my siblings anywhere near my head with pair of scissors!

     
  • At 7:56 p.m., Blogger Hasina Suliman said…

    if all else fails...
    get a trendy hat/barret and tell people you're practicing your 'French Babe look'... if that doesn't work you can always say that it takes someone with a very vibrant personality to pull off wearing a hat *wink*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home