The good 'ol days!
I have 699 email messages - all from V. I would have had more but I delete all the dumb forwards, emails with large attachments (usually essays), and one word messages that were sent back and forth during our most stupidest fights..
I hate you.
I hate you too.
I blocked you on MSN.
I know.
Fine.
FINE.
Bye.
BYE.
Are you still there?
Yes - you?
Obviously.
Out of total boredom, and a longing for something romantic, I decided to read some of the older messages.. just to remember how things were in the good ol' days. You know, the days when we thought each other perfect and could do no wrong, the days when "I promise" really meant to keep a promise, and the days when we only had eyes for each other. NOT THAT MY EYES ARE STRAYING NOW - 'cause they aren't! But well, he's at York, and there's plenty of females there.. and well who knows! All I know is that when we talk everyday on the phone, and I ask my daily question "did any girls talk to you today?" and on the days he answers yes, and I have to go through the whole process of asking "was she pretty?" "Does she like you?" "Does she have a boyfriend?" Yes? "Well why the hell does she have to talk to you!" - it just isn't the same. Oh, the insecurities that plague me! I'm not really that insecure though. It's just become habit :D
But back to the 699 email messages. I rarely get emails from him anymore. And for the odd time that I do, they're nothing like the old ones. Anyways, the first message I clicked on caught my attention:
From : V G
Sent : November 13, 2000 1:53:28 PM
Received: Novemeber 13, 2000 18:53:28 GMT
Heyyyyy! How's everything? Hope your essay turned out great. I miss you soooooo much. I told my teacher that I was going to the washroom but I came here in the library to write to you. I missed you this weekend like CRAZYYY I hate not seeing you. I wish I could see you more often. Your so sexy, sweet, smart, hot, cute, just so perfect. I'm so glad that I found you. Why cant you be here nowww? I cant wait till the next time I see you. I love you so muchhh and I miss you tooo. Well I'm going to get yelled at by my teacher but it was worth it..... P.S. I misssss youuuuuuuuuuu =(
Nice eh? Did you notice the date? I must have been 16 or 17 at the time. Such a sweet email would make any 16 - 17 year old girl smile. It's just a short email compared to some of the others I read, but it's short and sweet, and I like how it was composed on a so-called "washroom break." Now I know what my students are up to when they take so long! But the point is, it's telling - is it not? I think so. I think it's telling of the kind of guy that makes an effort. That's why I keep them anyways.
But he must have been delusional to think I was perfect. I know he'd never admit to thinking I'm perfect now. Oh well, he's stuck with me and all my imperfections! .. and he knows he best not try to leave (or even smile at another York girlie) or he'll have to deal with the horrible consequences. Aren't we just such a loving couple? :D
I'm not going until you feel better.
Okay.
Want to make up?
NO.
Fine.
FINE.
I hate you.
I hate you too.
I hate you.
I hate you too.
I blocked you on MSN.
I know.
Fine.
FINE.
Bye.
BYE.
Are you still there?
Yes - you?
Obviously.
Out of total boredom, and a longing for something romantic, I decided to read some of the older messages.. just to remember how things were in the good ol' days. You know, the days when we thought each other perfect and could do no wrong, the days when "I promise" really meant to keep a promise, and the days when we only had eyes for each other. NOT THAT MY EYES ARE STRAYING NOW - 'cause they aren't! But well, he's at York, and there's plenty of females there.. and well who knows! All I know is that when we talk everyday on the phone, and I ask my daily question "did any girls talk to you today?" and on the days he answers yes, and I have to go through the whole process of asking "was she pretty?" "Does she like you?" "Does she have a boyfriend?" Yes? "Well why the hell does she have to talk to you!" - it just isn't the same. Oh, the insecurities that plague me! I'm not really that insecure though. It's just become habit :D
But back to the 699 email messages. I rarely get emails from him anymore. And for the odd time that I do, they're nothing like the old ones. Anyways, the first message I clicked on caught my attention:
From : V G
Sent : November 13, 2000 1:53:28 PM
Received: Novemeber 13, 2000 18:53:28 GMT
Heyyyyy! How's everything? Hope your essay turned out great. I miss you soooooo much. I told my teacher that I was going to the washroom but I came here in the library to write to you. I missed you this weekend like CRAZYYY I hate not seeing you. I wish I could see you more often. Your so sexy, sweet, smart, hot, cute, just so perfect. I'm so glad that I found you. Why cant you be here nowww? I cant wait till the next time I see you. I love you so muchhh and I miss you tooo. Well I'm going to get yelled at by my teacher but it was worth it..... P.S. I misssss youuuuuuuuuuu =(
Nice eh? Did you notice the date? I must have been 16 or 17 at the time. Such a sweet email would make any 16 - 17 year old girl smile. It's just a short email compared to some of the others I read, but it's short and sweet, and I like how it was composed on a so-called "washroom break." Now I know what my students are up to when they take so long! But the point is, it's telling - is it not? I think so. I think it's telling of the kind of guy that makes an effort. That's why I keep them anyways.
But he must have been delusional to think I was perfect. I know he'd never admit to thinking I'm perfect now. Oh well, he's stuck with me and all my imperfections! .. and he knows he best not try to leave (or even smile at another York girlie) or he'll have to deal with the horrible consequences. Aren't we just such a loving couple? :D
I'm not going until you feel better.
Okay.
Want to make up?
NO.
Fine.
FINE.
I hate you.
I hate you too.
11 Comments:
At 2:23 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
this makes me go...
"awwwww"
so cute.
i love the one word fights.
they're so cute!
lol!
u remind me of my sis and her husband.
they do the same thing and tease each other when he gets back from work.
lol.
At 2:28 p.m.,
FU said…
lol.. aww.. very cute post.
maybe i should give the whole "relationship" thing another try.
find me a good pretty muslim girl :D
At 3:29 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Odd but I never remember you using the computers at the library back then to email Vick back.
Those "rose-coloured glasses" stages of a relationship are always nice. It's just too bad that it goes all downhill from then on. :)
At 5:37 p.m.,
'liya said…
Fatima: They seem cute now but at the time it was VERY annoying lol. Waiting to receive an email message that only has one word is not as satisfying as having one word fights out loud :S
Fu: When you're ready, in the meantime I'll keep my eyes open :D
Nauman: I never did, he did! The email message I copied was from him at school. Our one word email fights usually occured in our own homes late at night. Don't you remember all the times I was up late on MSN? I'd usually be talking to you at the same time :S
And it doesn't go all downhill from then on...
At 12:55 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
i loved those kind of email messages....and its been a LONG time since i got one...i guess it is kinda hard to get one when u dun have someone huh?..lol...as much as i enjoy being single i always miss the wonderful little things that companionship brings into your life....point is your very lucky to have someone to share everything with...and although i am in tha club of "i hate v" lol....i must say poor guy...i would just stop talking to all girls...lol..and NO liya...no one is as pretty as u...so u can be at ease and not worry bout it..lol....by tha way now i feel old...=S....
At 6:54 a.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :)
Cute.
I think it's very possible to have been in a long relationship and still able to continue cute moments like these. It just takes both parties to have interest and make the effort in doing so.
I like cute couples, they're cute :) And you two seem like one.
At 5:16 p.m.,
'liya said…
Samia: I agree, he's a poor guy indeed lol and should give up not only talking to other females, but seeing and hearing them as well! You seem to understand the role of VP for my club quite well, I think I should begin paying you :D I do feel very lucky though to have found someone who I love (and hate) and know that you'll find somone to love (and hate) too - so don't feel old... I'm older, I should feel old.. and I do :S
Squeeky: Aww, thanks! Maybe we do need to take the time... ahem, maybe HE needs to take some time, obviously I already do since I typed out this very nice post AND HE CAN'T EVEN COMMENT ON IT!! THINKS HE's TOO GOOD TO COMMENT ON MY BLOG NOW grrr.
At 9:01 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
heyyy...i thought i was the only one in the "i hate v club" i guess not (lol)
very cute post, i was just wondering how long are we going to keep these emails you think?
At 11:18 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Oh I read this post and thought you are so lucky. I have a few of those "cute couple" friends, they are great to have around (and make fun of - mostly the guy) :-P
At 4:18 p.m.,
'liya said…
Aman: I don't even remember you being in it, were you my secretary? I forget lol
I think I'll keep the emails forever... then one day whn I have children I can print them all out and show them to them and say "look how nice your daddy was a long time ago when mommy was young and thin" :D nah, I don't want them to read the kind of stuff I have saved on there! I don't know.. people keep love letters forever don't they? I remember reading a letter of my moms.
Mezba: It's always fun to tease the guy. He hates it, but I know deep down he secretly likes it!!
At 9:13 a.m.,
'liya said…
*Sigh*
:S
Post a Comment
<< Home